Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

It looks like you have the Interview date, check you messages or letters form NVC

Tasha

It's an automatic message, that shows up for everyone. But the nvc doesn't provide a date for k1s interviews. It's either the beneficiarys embassy or themselves who set dates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Very grateful for this forum. First post. Congratulations to all those who have received NOA2, and we're right there with you for those who haven't. Our NOA1 is 27-Jul-2016. For those of you who have received NOA2, did you see anything on the myUSCIS Case History BEFORE the NOA2 that indicated your case had been touched? Ours is empty and just curious. Thank you!

27-Jul-2016 NOA1 (California Service Center)

19-Oct-2016 RFE - Received RFE letter: abstract birth certificate not sufficient (US citizen)

10-Nov-2016 NOA2 Received letter

29-Nov-2016 NVC - Assigned Case Number and Invoice ID

30-Nov-2016 NVC - Left

07-Dec-2016 Sydney Consulate Received

07-Dec-2016 Received Package 3

08-Dec-2016 Sent Packet 3

08-Dec-2016 Completed medical with Dr. Sinclair in Perth

11-Dec-2016 Received Package 4

17-Dec-2016 Opened envelope received in Oct. from AFP to discover the copies of the identification were missing

17-Dec-2016 Contacted AFP, provided copies of identification and requested a quick turnaround

20-Dec-2016 Interview - Administrative Processing awaiting AFP Check

21-Dec-2016 AFP mailed Certification via Aussie Post

28-Dec-2016 Received AFP Certificate and mailed to Sydney Consulate DHL Priority

11-Jan-2017 Status Date with Status of Issued

11-Jan-2017 Received email from Sydney Consulate - medical was incorrectly in paperwork returned to me

11-Jan-2017 Sent medical overnight to Sydney Consulate

12-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate received medical

18-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate sent visa package and passport via Toll Priority

20-Jan-2017 US Entry through Los Angeles, CA

10-Feb-2017 Married!

14-Feb-2017 Sent I-485 and I-765

22-Feb-2017 NOA1 for both

27-Mar-2017 Biometrics

25-Apr-2017 EAD Expedite Request Approved

05-May-2017 EAD Card Received

01-Jun-2017 AOS Approved

01-Mar-2019 Sent I-751

13-Mar-2019 Received text with receipt number LIN

13-Sep-2019 Received snail mail I-797C with biometrics appt. for 26-Sep-2019

17-Jan-2020 Notification that card is being produced.  (No interview.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone! Very grateful for this forum. First post. Congratulations to all those who have received NOA2, and we're right there with you for those who haven't. Our NOA1 is 27-Jul-2016. For those of you who have received NOA2, did you see anything on the myUSCIS Case History BEFORE the NOA2 that indicated your case had been touched? Ours is empty and just curious. Thank you!

Welcome!

We received our NOA1 on July 6th, and the only thing listed in the case history was that it was "updated" July 12th. It remained that way until it was approved on September 15.

I'm guessing at some point yours will say "updated [date]" or it may remain blank until it's approved. The fact you've received your NOA1 is a good sign at least. So they definitely have it. Unfortunately the consistency with USCIS seems to revolve around a lot of inconsistency. :\

I've heard of some VJers never being able to even check their status online, and it worried them until they received their NOA2. Hang in there! I'm sure you're fine and it's coming very soon! Good luck!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We were also approved on the 15th. I called the NVC last friday (or thursday, I don't remember now), on Monday, again today, and still no case number. I plan on calling again Friday and then again Monday. Every day seems like overkill since tomorrow it will be 2 weeks that we received our NOA2. But starting Monday, however, I will begin calling every day.

So far the people I've spoken to there have been very nice and easy to talk to. No one has said to call back in 6 weeks, but they all inform me that it can take up to 6 weeks for it to be received and assigned a case number. One person at the NVC told me to keep calling once per week.

I do hope we are able to get our case number as fast as others here seem to (at the 2-week mark). I don't want yet another step taking longer than everyone else. Haha! We just want to schedule some things, finally have some things WE can control.... ish. Good luck! Keep me posted!

So I called this morning at 8:00 AM EST and they told me they still haven't received our case yet :(

The guy I spoke to was very blunt, but I am hoping to get someone more pleasant the next times I call.

I will try to call around 10 PM tonight to see if they got it in the mail today or are you just going to wait until Monday morning?

Let me know if you had any luck calling today!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

So I called this morning at 8:00 AM EST and they told me they still haven't received our case yet :(

The guy I spoke to was very blunt, but I am hoping to get someone more pleasant the next times I call.

I will try to call around 10 PM tonight to see if they got it in the mail today or are you just going to wait until Monday morning?

Let me know if you had any luck calling today!

Each time I've called, I've spoken only to women, one of which I've definitely spoken to twice (I remembered her name haha), and they've each been pleasant.

I called this morning, and they still haven't received ours yet either. :\

Ours must be arriving in the same box/crate I guess! Haha!

Let me know if you have luck calling tonight and I may try again and see, otherwise, I'm waiting until Monday night or Tuesday morning.

This whole process is really reminding me of that scene in Meet the Parents where Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are racing in between stop lights.

"go go go! STOP! go go go! STOP!"

:energy:

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah I will definitely make a post tonight if I get the number when I call. I kind of hope our two cases are in the same crate! I would make it easy to reference our timelines post NVC.

Jon and I are delaying ours a bit, but I hope you can get yours done in time to be together by Christmas!

I am flying to visit Jon at Christmas time and we hope to schedule his interview while I am on my visit. I am interested to see the inside of the embassy!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

Yeah I will definitely make a post tonight if I get the number when I call. I kind of hope our two cases are in the same crate! I would make it easy to reference our timelines post NVC.

Jon and I are delaying ours a bit, but I hope you can get yours done in time to be together by Christmas!

I am flying to visit Jon at Christmas time and we hope to schedule his interview while I am on my visit. I am interested to see the inside of the embassy!

I too will be flying out to visit my fiance for his interview and hope to attend it with him! We'll see. I've heard mostly that USCs get to attend as long as they have their letter stating their name has been added to the guest list for that day... but one person posted that they weren't able to attend because even though they had the letter, their name hadn't been added after all, so they had to wait outside. Lawdy if I have to wait outside because of some little oversight like that, I may take up smoking while he's in there without me. Haha!

But yes! I hope we do have similar timelines and experiences from this point forward to see how they compare.

We're thinking he MAY be here in time for Thanksgiving, but trying not to get our hopes up either.

~ Allison, the USC

Hi. I have an RFE but before that my case online just said "case was received" and the last date it was updated was the same day the check was cashed. I've been reading this forum for a while now and from what I can tell, it seems to usually remain absolutely untouched until they tell you that you've approved (or whatever the case is).

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Timeline

Woke up today to packet 4 in my email sent from the embassy. Also sent to my fiancée's postal box on September 26 per the email I received.

Yay!!!!! :dancing:

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

I am still at home, waiting for my fiance getting a place for us in Lagos and I will travel. Our embassy doesn't allow USC to be in the interview but it's a great support to the fiance(e) being there, him showing my passport stamps, our pictures together, my letter saying I am here and we are waiting for his visa, it's not only a moral support but showing to the embassy we are together. Also I will bring the original documents with me. Packing here and preparing everything for traveling soon.

All July filers waiting, any day it will be your approval, any day. My best prayer for all of you who is waiting

Tasha

Edited by EricTasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys! Question: I was in grad school last year and didn't make anything so I didn't file taxes (we filed with a cosponsor) and I was unemployed at time of filing, which I stated on the nature of employment question. I only filled out the affidavit of support form...is that going to be enough? Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys! Question: I was in grad school last year and didn't make anything so I didn't file taxes (we filed with a cosponsor) and I was unemployed at time of filing, which I stated on the nature of employment question. I only filled out the affidavit of support form...is that going to be enough? Thank you!

They give examples of other supporting documents you can include such as bank statements showing savings (actually they say an authorized letter from the bank - not sure if that means a statement). Or a letter of employment with salary from your employer. Or examples of proof of assets. Perhaps you have already included this info as well.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.