Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Timeline

Quick question guys:

My NVC visa status changed to "In Transit" and followed by a message that says: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

That does not mean they are assigning the date for my interview, correct?

I still have to fill out the DS-160,pay for fees and schedule the interview on my own. Can somebody help?

Thanks for your help.

It looks like you have the Interview date, check you messages or letters form NVC

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congrats Tasha!!!! So happy you got approved and hope you and everyone else has a smooth quick process:)

For the folks calling NVC, we had a 9/13 NOA2 and our case was updated and received a case number yesterday. So I would def say keep calling to see if it's updated, average time seems to be around 2 weeks to NVC.

Quick question guys:

My NVC visa status changed to "In Transit" and followed by a message that says: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

I still have to fill out the DS-160,pay for fees and schedule the interview on my own. Can somebody help?

Thanks for your help.

Ours said this also, but it wasn't correct. We had to book our interview ourselves online.

Every country is different.

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Quick question guys:

Thanks for your help.

Mine said the same message, it's just a generic message. Look at your consulate page for specific instructions

https://bogota.usembassy.gov/fiance-apply.html

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC always said that interview ready, but that is not for K1 visa...Book our self online.!!!!!!!!!!

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Congrats to all who received their NOA2s (Tasha, are you reading this? :dancing: ) For those who are still waiting, hang in there.

I have a question though and I really would appreciate it if you can help me find the right answer(s). I have scheduled my interview appointment and printed the confirmation page. It only has 1 barcode (the UID). Out of curiosity, I have googled samples of this confirmation page (Philippines-specific), and I panicked as the actual photos I saw have DS-160 barcodes on them! Now I recall that I was never asked for my DS-160 barcode number anywhere or anytime during the online appointment setting. I want to know if I am the only one who has this problem (if this is a problem at all). I am starting to panic as I'm afraid I might have done something wrong and will result to me being sent home on the interview day for this issue. :crying::cry: Please help. Thank you.

I will call the USEM call center later, but I sometimes the agents give different answers so I opted of asking for help here first. Thank you!

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Hello,

Congrats to all who received their NOA2s (Tasha, are you reading this? :dancing: ) For those who are still waiting, hang in there.

I have a question though and I really would appreciate it if you can help me find the right answer(s). I have scheduled my interview appointment and printed the confirmation page. It only has 1 barcode (the UID). Out of curiosity, I have googled samples of this confirmation page (Philippines-specific), and I panicked as the actual photos I saw have DS-160 barcodes on them! Now I recall that I was never asked for my DS-160 barcode number anywhere or anytime during the online appointment setting. I want to know if I am the only one who has this problem (if this is a problem at all). I am starting to panic as I'm afraid I might have done something wrong and will result to me being sent home on the interview day for this issue. :crying::cry: Please help. Thank you.

I will call the USEM call center later, but I sometimes the agents give different answers so I opted of asking for help here first. Thank you!

Does it start with AA?

At least for our process in London, we entered it on a readiness form and while registering for the interview.

I'm sure it wouldn't of let you continue without the number if needed. Still I would call and make sure!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does it start with AA?

At least for our process in London, we entered it on a readiness form and while registering for the interview.

I'm sure it wouldn't of let you continue without the number if needed. Still I would call and make sure!

Yes, Tieary, the one that starts with AA. No, I don't remember being asked for it. :(

I'll probably contact the call center to verify. I also posted on another thread that I am following. Hopefully, our senior members will be able to provide some color on this. I am still wondering though if there's anyone else from PH (K1 beneficiary specifically) who only has UID on the confirmation page.

Thank you for your input. :thumbs:

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We filed our petition on July 6, 2016 and received RFE on Sept 8. They require proof of having met each other within 2 years prior to filing, and information of circumstances of meeting to develop the relationship

For proofs of having met within 2 years we sent:

-Passport stamps from both me and my fiance traveling to Bali & Singapore together

- Hotel receipt

- Air ticket stubs

For circumstances of meeting we sent:

-1 page statement describing how we were introduced by a friend, got to know each other on Facebook, met in real life, got engaged up to now (over 4 years)

- a timeline of relationship

They received our response on Sept 19, but nothing updated since then. I wonder if that'd be enough for them to come to a decision.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did u not submit these things initially ??

We filed our petition on July 6, 2016 and received RFE on Sept 8. They require proof of having met each other within 2 years prior to filing, and information of circumstances of meeting to develop the relationship

For proofs of having met within 2 years we sent:

-Passport stamps from both me and my fiance traveling to Bali & Singapore together

- Hotel receipt

- Air ticket stubs

For circumstances of meeting we sent:

-1 page statement describing how we were introduced by a friend, got to know each other on Facebook, met in real life, got engaged up to now (over 4 years)

- a timeline of relationship

They received our response on Sept 19, but nothing updated since then. I wonder if that'd be enough for them to come to a decision.

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For evidence of relationship we just summit lots of pictures during 4 years of dating with date, locations... on the back. Also we included a timeline describing our relationship from the beginning up to now. The lawyer said since we have been dating for over 2 years, the USCIS would be easier that's why we didn't submit air ticket stubs, receipts... later on we got RFE that made us very upset. I'm worried now. Don't know if our response satisfy USCIS officer or not.

For evidence of relationship we just summit lots of pictures during 4 years of dating with date, locations... on the back. Also we included a timeline describing our relationship from the beginning up to now. The lawyer said since we have been dating for over 2 years, the USCIS would be easier that's why we didn't submit air ticket stubs, receipts... later on we got RFE that made us very upset. I'm worried now. Don't know if our response satisfy USCIS officer or not.

Your story sounds like mine! Met through a mutual friend on facebook, together 5 years next month!

I believe the airplane receipts/boarding passes are the most important proof of meeting. Along with passport stamps, photos, etc.

I'm sorry your lawyer gave you bad info!

I bet that's all they needed and it will be sorted out in no time!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So do I, File on August 8th have not hear back yet :clock::clock:

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.