Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So I got both my case number and invoice identification number yesterday and have been pouring over packet 3, and was curious: does my fiancee mail in DS160 and/or DS230 forms to the Guangzhou Consulate? Do we need to fill out both the DS160 and DS230 or just one or the other (one is immigrant, the other is nonimmigrant), and are either available online for China submissions? I will be mailing her a replicate of my master copy to assist with submissions on her end, but would appreciate more insight on the next steps.

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Visa status changed to In Transit and managed to find (at least I'm pretty sure) the package on DHL Express tracking so I set up some SMS notifications. I love technology

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'd schedule your medical first, however, to ensure you choose a date for the interview after the medical. And keep in mind that it apparently takes 5 business days for the medical exam results to be couriered to the embassy. You don't need to do anything with the NVC since you've already received your case number. Any payment at this point goes to the embassy for the actual visa.

Others will have to remark on how they scheduled their interviews and paid. I know it's on the embassy site, but anything specific... well... my fiance and I aren't at that point yet. Soon, though! Good luck!

Thank you so much!

Timeline

(Response from my fiance in uk)

I got my NVC number last week and haven't had anything sent to me from NVC or embassy yet, but I have completed everything and booked my medical and interview.

Good that you have police and birth certificate already. Make sure you also get the affidavit of support with supporting documents and an new letter of intent from the USC. Also make sure you have UK + USA sized passport pictures . You also need vaccination history from your GP to take to the medical, they should supply this if you just ask, make sure the Dr or Nurse sign and date it.

You can schedule the medical now you have the LND number, call up knightsbridge centre (020 7486 7822) they are open Mon-Fri 9-5. They will ask a few questions like- Name, DOB, phone+email, LND case number, date you want medical (isn't a long wait time about 7-10 days).

http://www.visamedicals.info/us-bring.asp - Knightsbridge website has all the info

I then filled out my DS-160 and submitted it online. You will need a USA passport picture for this. https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

After that you can fill out your notification of readiness form and submit that too, https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/iv-notification-of-app-readiness/

After that you can register, pay the visa fee (£204) and courier fees (£18). Then book your interview, there are dates available at the moment from 28th October. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv

Print out all the confirmations and receipts from the online forms to take to your embassy interview.

Any problems just message me.

Thank you! Helps so much!

Just got my RFE hard copy in the mail. Apparently they need a statement from the beneficiary that we plan to marry within 90 days of his arrival. We had included a statement signed by him stating that but I guess it wasn't specific enough.... oh well, at least it isn't anything too complicated

Edited by Arih3

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Timeline

Just got my RFE hard copy in the mail. Apparently they need a statement from the beneficiary that we plan to marry within 90 days of his arrival. We had included a statement signed by him stating that but I guess it wasn't specific enough.... oh well, at least it isn't anything too complicated

Nice! I'm happy it wasn't something more complicated that would take a while to get it back to them. So after this, it's approval time! Yay! Good luck!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Called the NVC this morning at 7:45am (EST) and I got someone right away! No waiting. However they don't have our case yet, so no case number. I was being a little overzealous by calling them only after a week. I'll try again next Wednesday and again Friday.

Edited by Allison/Robert

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

To all July filers who are still waiting, I see nobody writes anymore, I know how sad it feels, so many approved and we are still waiting. I am sad too every morning checking our file status and no news, then ... I get myself together and I think about what I need to do, plans for my fiance arrival, marriage license where? clothes what and where to buy? house, car, insurance, drivers license, please, check, many states allow to drive with a foreign or international drivers license, better get one in your country, mostly in US is all places going driving your car.

So think positive all July filers, we are waiting, maybe God or life want to check on us how real we are and, keep it well and positive, we all are making our path to the new life, it takes time

Tasha

Timeline

To all July filers who are still waiting, I see nobody writes anymore, I know how sad it feels, so many approved and we are still waiting. I am sad too every morning checking our file status and no news, then ... I get myself together and I think about what I need to do, plans for my fiance arrival, marriage license where? clothes what and where to buy? house, car, insurance, drivers license, please, check, many states allow to drive with a foreign or international drivers license, better get one in your country, mostly in US is all places going driving your car.

So think positive all July filers, we are waiting, maybe God or life want to check on us how real we are and, keep it well and positive, we all are making our path to the new life, it takes time

Tasha

Tasha, It took us 71 days to receive our NOA2 and now you are at around the 60-something mark. It was about this time that I was thinking "it will never happen". I got to the point where I was so tired of being depressed about it and disappointed when the notifications coming through our USCIS app weren't ours, that I turned off notifications that didn't have anything to do with our case updating. Then one night, my phone buzzed while I was laying in bed, and I picked up my phone with absolutely zero expectation of anything. I honestly assumed it was a friend texting me or another application notifying me of something else. Lo and behold it was a notification that our case had been updated. My guess is that you'll hear something this week or next week.

And for those from early July who are still waiting... boy the USCIS is certainly taking their time with those applications. Yikes! I wish you all a speedy approval, and some peace of mind so you can again have some feeling of forward momentum!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are a lots of people been waiting more than 120 days out there. We are not even 2 months.

I don't think we are frustrated than others waiting in May.

I just let it whenever it approve it will...Right now, as I gather all information on my fiancee interview docs, to make sure we won't be missing anything..

Well, Friday, enjoy and see if any of us approve tonight, if not, wait again next week. :):):)

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Posted Today, 09:51 AM

EricTasha, on 23 Sept 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:snapback.png

Tasha

Tasha, It took us 71 days to receive our NOA2 and now you are at around the 60-something mark. It was about this time that I was thinking "it will never happen". I got to the point where I was so tired of being depressed about it and disappointed when the notifications coming through our USCIS app weren't ours, that I turned off notifications that didn't have anything to do with our case updating. Then one night, my phone buzzed while I was laying in bed, and I picked up my phone with absolutely zero expectation of anything. I honestly assumed it was a friend texting me or another application notifying me of something else. Lo and behold it was a notification that our case had been updated. My guess is that you'll hear something this week or next week.

And for those from early July who are still waiting... boy the USCIS is certainly taking their time with those applications. Yikes! I wish you all a speedy approval, and some peace of mind so you can again have some feeling of forward momentum!

Yep, I agree, There are people least expect it comes..BTW we cannot compare our case to others since file same time or same month.
Some will get approve faster, some slower it is total base on background check, from petitioner, beneficiary, divorce if any, petition before if any, and so on.
So, people with least background check comes back quicker than others.

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Timeline

I agree, I know many people is waiting and longer time, we all are waiting. My point was mostly to all who are still waiting, don't get sad, get busy preparing the next steps.

and Good Luck to everybody who is waiting!

Tasha

LOL! everybody run to check my Timeline :idea:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Tasha

Hey Tasha! Thank you so much for your nice words and encouragements for those who are still waiting...like me. It's quite sad, but what keeps us alive is the future. I'm kind of depressed not because of this wait, but because my fiancé doesn't want to talk about those things...like if I talk abt things that I could do while waiting for aos or ead, I just receive a "yes " "ok" or just no reply...or I go online check things like driver license ..all those stuff..I get no comment abt that.

I know how we women get excited abt marriage future things..but when you have the feeling that the person in front of you looks not exited at all or makes no comment when you talk abt it's just..i don't know..sad. I put all that in the distance thing but...arrghhhhh!

And I just don't talk anymore to avoid a fight.

I wonder how you guys are dealing with your loved ones and manage the distance.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

Hey Tasha! Thank you so much for your nice words and encouragements for those who are still waiting...like me. It's quite sad, but what keeps us alive is the future. I'm kind of depressed not because of this wait, but because my fiancé doesn't want to talk about those things...like if I talk abt things that I could do while waiting for aos or ead, I just receive a "yes " "ok" or just no reply...or I go online check things like driver license ..all those stuff..I get no comment abt that.

I know how we women get excited abt marriage future things..but when you have the feeling that the person in front of you looks not exited at all or makes no comment when you talk abt it's just..i don't know..sad. I put all that in the distance thing but...arrghhhhh!

And I just don't talk anymore to avoid a fight.

I wonder how you guys are dealing with your loved ones and manage the distance.

Hey, I know how it feels, some guys (my fiance too) are the avoiders, they avoid some talking which makes them sad and it's not the real action, and they even don't explain, not saying why he doesn't talk about things you talk. He is probably feeling not secure and all your talk is not real thing for now before visa, give him time, it took me time to understand my fiance and him to understand me, finally he opened his heart to me and even in some occasions as yours, he said, please, better don't talk to me about visa until it's approved, it makes me sad. Everybody reacts different. I was worrying and upset as you are when I was trying to chat a lot and no answers or short OK and gone. Now he learned and he said, please, write to me everything, I read, don't worry about me not answering, no wifi always or I am busy but I read later and he does now, he reads and, even when I explained to him, if he doesn't chat with me for a day, I get sad and do silly thing like thinking he abandoned me and starting to chat with other guys, lol!

I guess this was the trick which worked, lol! But I wasn't planning it, I am very flirty by nature and he knows it, so now every day he answers and even tries to chat longer with me, I know he does it for me, he really sometimes spend lots of time online with me but it's never enough for me, lol!

Just try to chat with him anyway, see maybe he tells you about his weekends, his life, his sports or anything, buy him a present and show pictures online of his favorite hobby or sport or just chat from your heart, tell him how much do you love him and how sad you are for with his short answers, if he continues the same OK only try to stop for 1-2 days, maybe he will run to you not hearing from you. I think it's not only the distance, it's the difference between men and women, we talk too much, they act, not too much talking, more realistic

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.