Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sweet! I have my case number! Only 10 days! Everyone should begin calling about a week after because they seem to be doing these much quicker! Woohoo!

Although, now my fiancee really needs to get crackin with her packet 3 :o

Our timeline is super similar, I should probably be able to get my case # soon then

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Want to say thank you to Tasha. For your kind words and encouragement to everyone I'm moving forward but I know a lot of people are not and a person like you in the corner rout of everyone encouraging them is breathtaking keep up keep up the good work and I'm praying that you and everyone else from July received their approvals have a blessed day

First congrats for your approval...and secondly I agree with you on Tasha support here! She's a great help for us..honestly...thanks again Tasha. And yes keep on praying for your approval too. You're adorable..

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tasha,

I'm praying for you and everyone who hasn't received their noa2 yet. You're a great motivator and your kind words always help us. They're right, you're adorable :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats to those approval :):) .....Still waiting on mine... :clock::clock:

Seems like they working on August 20% now, saw someone mid-August approved.

Can't waiting to board the plane to see my fiancee... :crying::crying:

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm curious... for those of you who called the NVC for your number.. eventually did you get something in the mail or an email also confirming your number?

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I'm curious... for those of you who called the NVC for your number.. eventually did you get something in the mail or an email also confirming your number?

I haven't gotten anything yet. Another person whole filed in June said she did. She said it can take 2-4 weeks per the NVC. But honestly, you don't need the NVC letter. Just call and get the no. 10-11 days after approval and then check your status on the NVC status check to see when it leaves and arrives at the embassy. Congrats again and good luck.

September 14th - NVC Received and case # assigned
September 19th - NVC Packet In Transit, expected to arrive tomorrow.

We also have submitted all the forms and booked our medical and interview.

Medical Appointment - September 29th
Interview Appointment - October 26th

So just a heads up to you guys from London.

Medical appointments aren't backed up at all.

They still have times for October 28th, and 31st. Almost all days in November are available.

Expect an interview about 5-6 weeks out from when you book!

If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone!

First time posting here but I've been following along to see if our case is on track. Our case just arrived in the Jerusalem consulate and we're super excited! We are kind of confused on how to proceed and would appreciate any insight.

1) Should we wait until we get Packet 3 before we fill out DS-160? Should we wait to schedule an interview or can we do this without the Packet.

2) Do they automatically send Packet 3 to my Fiancé based off of the application address listed or do we have to give them an address specifically?

Thanks for any help!

July filers check with the NVC for your numbers. My NOA2 September 6. Today called and was able to get my NVC case and invoice numbers!

Cheers and good luck to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

September 14th - NVC Received and case # assigned

September 19th - NVC Packet In Transit, expected to arrive tomorrow.

We also have submitted all the forms and booked our medical and interview.

Medical Appointment - September 29th

Interview Appointment - October 26th

So just a heads up to you guys from London.

Medical appointments aren't backed up at all.

They still have times for October 28th, and 31st. Almost all days in November are available.

Expect an interview about 5-6 weeks out from when you book!

If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck!

I saw your timeline and it interested me because it is almost the same as mine. The NVC numbers are the same. Our packet said it was "ready" on September 16th. I filled out the D-160 and am in the process of compiling all forms. Did you receive a letter from your embassy? I was told I need to bring that letter to the medical appointment and am worried that I might not have it in time (sep 28)

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

I saw your timeline and it interested me because it is almost the same as mine. The NVC numbers are the same. Our packet said it was "ready" on September 16th. I filled out the D-160 and am in the process of compiling all forms. Did you receive a letter from your embassy? I was told I need to bring that letter to the medical appointment and am worried that I might not have it in time (sep 28)

Every country is different, but from my understanding the medical wants to make sure you have the NVC number.

You can print the NVC ceac page that says your case is 'ready' and it should be suffice if you haven't received the letter yet.

I would contact the place your medical is taking place at and ask if that would be enough. London has been very responsive to us, I hope yours is just as well!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Timeline

You are right. Your timeline and mine are somewhat similar in terms of the duration of activities. However, some embassy specific requirements ensue. Our case was "Ready" at the embassy on the 17th. At that time, we were able to download the payment instruction and make the payment. Without the downloaded PDF instruction, the bank can't accept the payment. This doesn't seem to be the guideline in Nicaragua. Then after the payment, it could take up to 2 days to update the system and allow you view the interview calendar and pick a date. It only took about 11-12 hours for us to be able to do that. And by the way, without the letter from the embassy (sort of the packet 3 with instructions for the interview), they say no one can be allowed in. We observed almost every beneficiary of K1 visa in the last 2 months from Ethiopia received that letter 6 weeks from their NOA2, so it behooved us to schedule it 5 weeks away which will allow the letter to arrive approximately 2 weeks before our interview. You can visit the Nicaraguan portal here on visa journey to seek more help, or wait for the letter since it sort of implied that you must wait for the letter to proceed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Our packet is also on the way to the embassy in Sydney. Do we pay for the MRV after packet 3 arrives? Or before so we can schedule an appointment? I'm a little confused about the next few steps since so many country specific things have been thrown around, haha. Thanks!

i have responded to your question in June filers but, i am fairly sure you pay on the day of the interview which is $371 AUD.

Timeline

Every country is different, but from my understanding the medical wants to make sure you have the NVC number.

You can print the NVC ceac page that says your case is 'ready' and it should be suffice if you haven't received the letter yet.

I would contact the place your medical is taking place at and ask if that would be enough. London has been very responsive to us, I hope yours is just as well!

All is country specific at this point. In fact, in Ethiopia, they want to see you have a visa appointment before you can do the medical. I guess it's sort of a way of being fair to those who are scrambling to get the medical done before a fast approaching interview date. So no proof of visa interview date? No medical. As for police clearance, they don't care if you have an appointment. Good luck to you in your quest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.