Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Timeline

Kat and Jon,

Don't you have to get everything done in four months because the petition will expire?

Kat and Jon,

Don't you have to get everything done in four months because the petition will expire?

4 month expiration is only if you don't do anything, if you schedule your interview, it's extended automatically until it's done and you can reschedule your interview 2 or 3 times (not sure) which also extends the expiration

Tasha

Timeline

Congrats on the other approvals. I am sorry to hear about more RFE's being sent :(

Tasha I keep praying that you hear soon! You are our month's cheerleader and I think you need it soon!

I don't plan to call the NVC until the first week of October, just to give it plenty of time to get there. Plus Jon and I need to delay things a bit but I hope the rest of you guys can get them over by Christmas! That is my hope anyway!

Thank you Kat! We all need our approval and yes, I need too, kinda desperate for to have it and go to see my fiance, he is already planning to rent aplace for us in the city where embassy is and I will stay there until we get our visa and maybe we travel home together if the flight tickets are available this way

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hopefully we'll have our fiancé by Christmas or New Year. Singing Mariah All I want for Christmas right now.???

Edited by gbp22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

In regards to calling the NVC for the case number:

At that stage, I'm guessing it will depend on the embassy you'll be working with. For instance, if we call the NVC for a case number 2 weeks after receiving our NOA2, and we're able to get that case number, then my fiance can call to schedule his medical exam. Once he has the medical exam scheduled, he can fill out the forms online (DS-160 I believe), pay the K1 Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

Potentially we could have the interview scheduled only 6 weeks out from the date we receive our NOA2, according to the Timelines filtered for UK folks only. Other embassies may have a longer wait in general, so it's a good idea to research the time frames and Embassy information to get an idea. If we were to wait until the NVC sends our application to the embassy and then for the embassy to send us Packet 3 before he scheduled his medical and interview, it may be 8 to 9 weeks out from our NOA2 date.

Cutting out 2 to 3 weeks may not sound like a lot to some people, but to us it will be great Now if we can only receive our NOA2. :clock:

Firstly, Congratulations guys !

Furthermore, we called after 5 days of receiving NOA2 and nothing, i would wait 10 days to call NVC, i called twice and one of those times were just before 12 midnight EST, i went straight through to a representative, the second time was around 8 pm EST on a Friday night and only waited 5 minutes, be careful as to what times you call them as i have read that there are long waits in busy times.

I am not sure about your fee's but we pay ours at the embassy in Sydney Australia at the time of interview , don't take my word as gospel though. our file was in the nvc for about 7 days and is in Transit to Australia right now, they say it will take 2 to 3 weeks to land and then the packet 3 gets sent out to us here in Australia.

I have some steps and documentation/check lists that you'll need so just PM Me and i will send through if you like. you'll also need your Case number and also invoice number which you can get when you call the NVC.

Good Luck !!!

Jeff

Timeline

Firstly, Congratulations guys !

Furthermore, we called after 5 days of receiving NOA2 and nothing, i would wait 10 days to call NVC, i called twice and one of those times were just before 12 midnight EST, i went straight through to a representative, the second time was around 8 pm EST on a Friday night and only waited 5 minutes, be careful as to what times you call them as i have read that there are long waits in busy times.

I am not sure about your fee's but we pay ours at the embassy in Sydney Australia at the time of interview , don't take my word as gospel though. our file was in the nvc for about 7 days and is in Transit to Australia right now, they say it will take 2 to 3 weeks to land and then the packet 3 gets sent out to us here in Australia.

I have some steps and documentation/check lists that you'll need so just PM Me and i will send through if you like. you'll also need your Case number and also invoice number which you can get when you call the NVC.

Good Luck !!!

Jeff

Hi Guys,

Here is the checklist that a lady recently sent me , her fiance has just gone through the interview stage. It seems it is Australian Embassy specific by the looks of things , but i thought it would help, especially the other Aussies on this page.

STEP-2-K1-Checklist.docStep-2-Required-Documents American consulate.pdf

Edited by jaffandliz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone and congratulations to everyone who was already approved.

We have sent petition on 07\20 and it was approved 09\12. Pretty fast. :wow:

I have a question. How bad do we need the hard copy of NOA-2? What do we need it for?

My boyfriend moved out and the letter was probably sent to his old address and it will be tough to get it from old address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

July filer here & now today our case is at the embassy & we were emailed what steps to do to schedule the interview. Yay !!!

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Go, Nigeria, go!!! A am very happy for you, happy for everybody approved and going forward. :dance:

Sad about me, we are still waiting :cry:

Tasha

Hang in there Tasha, I believe this week will be a good week for you.

Timeline

No NOA2s today? only one of us got an RFE? that's it??????? I am really getting frustrated. I sent my RFE reply in two weeks ago!! I know they say they received it Monday but I didn't think it took this long for them to reply.. I sent it back as soon as they issued it to me on Aug 29th.. The longer this is taking the more crazy I am getting.... and what's with the no activity today at all!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh

Hang in there. I wish you an approval this week.

Timeline

July filer here & now today our case is at the embassy & we were emailed what steps to do to schedule the interview. Yay !!!

Congrats! Wish everyone waiting the best. Ours arrived the embassy yesterday. We hope to pay this week and hopefully schedule an interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hang in there. I wish you an approval this week.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Here is the checklist that a lady recently sent me , her fiance has just gone through the interview stage. It seems it is Australian Embassy specific by the looks of things , but i thought it would help, especially the other Aussies on this page.

STEP-2-K1-Checklist.doc Step-2-Required-Documents American consulate.pdf

Our packet is also on the way to the embassy in Sydney. Do we pay for the MRV after packet 3 arrives? Or before so we can schedule an appointment? I'm a little confused about the next few steps since so many country specific things have been thrown around, haha. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another week for us who are still waiting for noa2 :) I'm an early july filer and I haven't heard anything since july 12. Just enjoying my time with my family and friends while waiting. Congrats to everyone who already have their noa2 :D ?

Timeline

Hey guys, I wish everyone good luck this week on their NOA2s and NVC processes. We finally scheduled my fiancee's appointment for almost 6 weeks ahead. Enough time for me to travel there with the extra documents needed. Good luck to y'all. Hope this week brings y'all happiness.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.