Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am so relieved. I honestly refreshed that little app this morning thibking bet it isn't done yet and we're GREEN!

I just want to call him but it's 2:30am in Nebraska so don't want to wake him and the little one up!

About to go to work where I have a feeling I may cry as soon as I see another human being.

NOA1 July 7th

NOA2 Sept 8th

Even though their own website states they process applications as they are received, they don't, so anyone could be anyday. 2months and 1 day wait for us so fingers crossed for everyone else. Now comes my nagging of NVC next week! And a massive push on getting my house sold!

Congrats Kath! I am happy you finally got yours?. Hoping more of these come though!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Safe travels to all visiting their love ones and others this week. I will be heading to Virginia to visit my fiancée's family for four days as they are hosting me. Just FYI for all observing the timelines, I called the NVC today (maybe should have called later tonight) and was told our case just arrived there and is pending a case number allotment (so average 10-11 days considering the Labor Day holiday). So I am hoping we will have it late today or by Monday. I plan to be in Ethiopia in 6 weeks and hopefully my fiancée can attend her interview around that time. I read on the US embassy's website while I was in Ethiopia in March of last year that they only allow US citizens in with appointments unless there is an emergency (example "the loss of a limb"). Does anyone have such experience with the US embassies elsewhere because I think this might be country-specific? I have seen people comment here on VJ that they attended the interviews but was not allowed to speak. Maybe they have changed their policy on allowing us in. Either ways, we plan to be there another 5-6 weeks after she gets a visa? so she can conclude her national service and the process of getting her license and other paperwork from the government and travel back together. This will be my third time this year and hope we can look back and smile on these moments. We all need to be happy in the end. I wish a very good luck to everyone waiting for NOA2 and have a great weekend y'all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Safe travels to all visiting their love ones and others this week. I will be heading to Virginia to visit my fiancée's family for four days as they are hosting me. Just FYI for all observing the timelines, I called the NVC today (maybe should have called later tonight) and was told our case just arrived there and is pending a case number allotment (so average 10-11 days considering the Labor Day holiday). So I am hoping we will have it late today or by Monday. I plan to be in Ethiopia in 6 weeks and hopefully my fiancée can attend her interview around that time. I read on the US embassy's website while I was in Ethiopia in March of last year that they only allow US citizens in with appointments unless there is an emergency (example "the loss of a limb"). Does anyone have such experience with the US embassies elsewhere because I think this might be country-specific? I have seen people comment here on VJ that they attended the interviews but was not allowed to speak. Maybe they have changed their policy on allowing us in. Either ways, we plan to be there another 5-6 weeks after she gets a visa? so she can conclude her national service and the process of getting her license and other paperwork from the government and travel back together. This will be my third time this year and hope we can look back and smile on these moments. We all need to be happy in the end. I wish a very good luck to everyone waiting for NOA2 and have a great weekend y'all.

Hi Habesha Love, When I was in India the rules online DID state that I would not be allowed into the consulate with my fiance for the interview. I went anyway since previous people online said they were allowed in. They allowed all the fiances in that day. I am sure every country is different and I would try to find a blog or people online who have been to the embassy/consulate where you are going and see what the experience was.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC

NVC got our petition today on 9/9

Timeline

7/5 Sent k1

7/6 received to Lewisville

7/8 NOA1

8/24 NOA2

9/9 received at NVC

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Ok guys my fiancé and I are officially paid the visa today whoa next week can schedule for his medical appointment and get over this...

Good luck to all of you....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just got NOA2 via text and app update!

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline

Congratulations to all moving forward! Happines and a fast union with your beloved!

Here, we are last days of July, hoping it comes the approval very soon, praying together. I hope we will get it tonight.

I even don't know what to write, I am very happy for all you who got the approval and scheduling the interview and all, very happy! Yet also sad missing my fiance. Love you all

Tasha

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow, How many times you check your app daily?

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Timeline

Wow, How many times you check your app daily?

lol, clicking all the time, not counting

and USCIS is kicking out periodically with no reason at all, they like to make you to reset the password and also it's the the web designers says don't bother so much, lol

Timeline

I saw couple 27th July just got approved..Have not see yours yet?

I need August 8th approval..I will be pack up and ready to fly if I get approve tonight

I need August 8th approval..I will be pack up and ready to fly if I get approve tonight

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

Looks like, USCIS speed pretty quick, August filer Igor list reach almost 5%...yeeeeey

Hopes the speed up gets everyone approve

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

Yes, USCIS is working hard and fast, I hope we have the NOA2 approved tonight and me too, once I see NOA2 approval, I get in the plane and go to see my love

Tasha

btw we are still many July filers from 27, 28 waiting, our days just started this week as well as August

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We are approved !!!

July 7th NOA1 - Sep 9 NOA2. I can't even explain how excited I am. I guess I just sit and wait for the NVC number? I have all my support documents and I-134 ready to go. Future bride has back ground check done and is just waiting for NVC to schedule medical. Thats it? I am missing something?

Timeline

Congrats!!!!

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.