Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Well, someone tried to bully her! Someone even tried to bully her in private. As far as I know, she hasn't said anything wrong or made any false speculations. So if you are the bully, may be you should apologize to her because bullying is unacceptable and she definitely doesn't deserve it especially because she always mean good and is supportive.

Timeline

Thank you, guys, love you all. I was very depressed, still I am for other reasons and I am very sensitive these days, which also my fault, it's the forum with different people and different opinion and reactions.

1 good thing I was researching and I got already from my navy Federal but I guess all banks offer it. Get this card, I guess visa place sells it too.

https://www.navyfederal.org/goprepaidcard/

I was researching and it says it's good for travels abroad as you reload it online as much as you need and don't risk all your credit limit, you spend and reload it again. Also, I was told, some people give it to the foreign fiance(e) and also it's good, we are helping but not up to the limit and troubles and he / she can use this visa card for ATM, you reload it as it needed.

It's also great to give to your fiance(e) even not physical card, just the all numbers and pin by email or on the phone, with this card the fiance(e) can pay visa fees online and we don't need to travel to pay for it

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I won't post in this forum anymore, sorry. I was trying to help explaining how it works elections and fiscal year and somebody from here started to laugh at me, when I answered here explaining how it work elections and end of fiscal year, in private message I was accused being impolite. It was never my intention to offend anybody, I was just trying to help but it's OK, I better stop posting.

Wish you all very fast approval, visa and all happiness

Tasha

Timeline

I won't post in this forum anymore, sorry. I was trying to help explaining how it works elections and fiscal year and somebody from here started to laugh at me, when I answered here explaining how it work elections and end of fiscal year, in private message I was accused being impolite. It was never my intention to offend anybody, I was just trying to help but it's OK, I better stop posting.

Wish you all very fast approval, visa and all happiness

Tasha

Don't worry about them, I agree with you that things get sped up coming into an election, home loans get approved quicker,visas and so on. It's like the worlds going to stop lol

Don't let someone else's opinion get in the way of your good thing plus many people in here want you to stay.

In Australia we say "it's like water on a ducks back"

Hoping you'll get your NOA2 very soon !

Timeline

Thank you, guys, love you all. I was very depressed, still I am for other reasons and I am very sensitive these days, which also my fault, it's the forum with different people and different opinion and reactions.

1 good thing I was researching and I got already from my navy Federal but I guess all banks offer it. Get this card, I guess visa place sells it too.

https://www.navyfederal.org/goprepaidcard/

I was researching and it says it's good for travels abroad as you reload it online as much as you need and don't risk all your credit limit, you spend and reload it again. Also, I was told, some people give it to the foreign fiance(e) and also it's good, we are helping but not up to the limit and troubles and he / she can use this visa card for ATM, you reload it as it needed.

It's also great to give to your fiance(e) even not physical card, just the all numbers and pin by email or on the phone, with this card the fiance(e) can pay visa fees online and we don't need to travel to pay for it

Tasha

Hey guys,

I wanted to share this piece of information with y'all that I found on VJ in case you hadn't seen it. Regarding credit ratings for your foreign partner.

This is what i got from a lady on a forum about setting up her foreign spouses credit rating;

I thought I'd share our success story, maybe it will help some couples to begin their new life in the US together.

I am a USC, my husband just moved 2 weeks ago on CR1, still waiting for SSN. Here is what I did to get his financial health started:

I am a member on a local credit union where I do most of my banking. Even before we were married, I added my husband as an authorized user to my credit card. I was told his name will be there, but they can't report it to the credit agencies until he has SSN, but when they do report, it will appear as he is a customer since the day I added him, NOT since the day he got SSN.

Later I was able to do the same with a major US bank just using his passport number.

When he moved, Credit Union told us he can't open an account without SSN with them, but a major bank may be able to help him. I recall I was able to open an account back when I was just a visitor on B1 visa, but we didn't want to complicate things right away.

Also we needed a second car ASAP, so again I went to the credit union, I wanted both of our names on the loan. Customer service said it wasn't possible at first, but then changed their mind since my husband already applied for SSN (DHS verification, 8 weeks to wait, blah-blah-blah generic response from SSA), he had his CR1 visa and passport. I think having a receipt from SSA was a big deal, it proved our intention to get his SSN.

When we went to get pre-approval for a loan,, they took his A-number as a SSN and passport number as ID. They also checked his visa. They were fine with him being unemployed at the moment. Again, we were told it will be reported to credit agencies once we add his SSN to the file.

Much to my surprise, when we finalized the loan, they gave us TWO credit reports with scores - one for me, one for my new immigrant husband! And his score was in high 700s! Not bad for 2 weeks in the country and no bank account! He signed car loan documents as a co-applicant with me being primary.

However, we couldn't register the car under both names because DMV required a DL, but we'll add him later. He is also now on my car insurance as a second "non-licensed" driver for the same reason, but a car dealership was OK with it and he is allowed to drive for 60 days in VA.

Funny thing: DMV only wanted his foreign DL, his visa, passport and proof of residence for DL, not SSN. I guess we'll get on that as soon as he's ready for a test.

Thanks for reading! I hope it was useful to some.

Timeline

I'm glad it could ease a few nerves!

I also sent my file on July 15. They received it July 18.

Our packets sound pretty similar! I had 2 months worth of FaceTime logs (only 3 pages).

Hopefully you will be hearing soon!

I checked last night at 9:38 and it was approved.. I received a text at 10:04 that said that there was an update on my case (but I already knew that hehe)

We sent ours in on the 13 or 14 Th July - got an NOA1 19th - NOA2 on August 26. We also sent just the required amounts nothing more nothing less.

If someone asked me about doing a K1 in the future is say just send in what you need to send and do not over do it

Edited by jaffandliz

Timeline

Hey guys,

I wanted to share this piece of information with y'all that I found on VJ in case you hadn't seen it. Regarding credit ratings for your foreign partner.

This is what i got from a lady on a forum about setting up her foreign spouses credit rating;

I thought I'd share our success story, maybe it will help some couples to begin their new life in the US together.

I am a USC, my husband just moved 2 weeks ago on CR1, still waiting for SSN. Here is what I did to get his financial health started:

I am a member on a local credit union where I do most of my banking. Even before we were married, I added my husband as an authorized user to my credit card. I was told his name will be there, but they can't report it to the credit agencies until he has SSN, but when they do report, it will appear as he is a customer since the day I added him, NOT since the day he got SSN.

Later I was able to do the same with a major US bank just using his passport number.

When he moved, Credit Union told us he can't open an account without SSN with them, but a major bank may be able to help him. I recall I was able to open an account back when I was just a visitor on B1 visa, but we didn't want to complicate things right away.

Also we needed a second car ASAP, so again I went to the credit union, I wanted both of our names on the loan. Customer service said it wasn't possible at first, but then changed their mind since my husband already applied for SSN (DHS verification, 8 weeks to wait, blah-blah-blah generic response from SSA), he had his CR1 visa and passport. I think having a receipt from SSA was a big deal, it proved our intention to get his SSN.

When we went to get pre-approval for a loan,, they took his A-number as a SSN and passport number as ID. They also checked his visa. They were fine with him being unemployed at the moment. Again, we were told it will be reported to credit agencies once we add his SSN to the file.

Much to my surprise, when we finalized the loan, they gave us TWO credit reports with scores - one for me, one for my new immigrant husband! And his score was in high 700s! Not bad for 2 weeks in the country and no bank account! He signed car loan documents as a co-applicant with me being primary.

However, we couldn't register the car under both names because DMV required a DL, but we'll add him later. He is also now on my car insurance as a second "non-licensed" driver for the same reason, but a car dealership was OK with it and he is allowed to drive for 60 days in VA.

Funny thing: DMV only wanted his foreign DL, his visa, passport and proof of residence for DL, not SSN. I guess we'll get on that as soon as he's ready for a test.

This is a great information!!! Thank you, Jaffandliz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since alot of us just got our NOA 2 approval... has anyone called the NVC to find out if their case has been received yet?

Heres the number for K1 just in case.... 603-334-0888 and for immigrant visa its 603-334-0700. Our k1 NOA 2 date was a week ago 8/24 but its still not at the NVC just yet

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

Since alot of us just got our NOA 2 approval... has anyone called the NVC to find out if their case has been received yet?

Heres the number for K1 just in case.... 603-334-0888 and for immigrant visa its 603-334-0700. Our k1 NOA 2 date was a week ago 8/24 but its still not at the NVC just yet

We haven't called yet as I believe that a lot of people get told to wait 2 weeks before calling.

That said, we did email them and at least it saves a long wait on the phone at nighttime for us.

Our NOA2 was on the 26th of August so we will wait till the 10th of September to call. I'd be interested to hear others responses if they call in earlier with similar dates to ours.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What email did you use and can you give me an idea what you put in the subject line and email? Should I try to email them and send them my NOA 2 date, my fiances name, dob, my name dob, our WAC #?

We haven't called yet as I believe that a lot of people get told to wait 2 weeks before calling.

That said, we did email them and at least it saves a long wait on the phone at nighttime for us.

Our NOA2 was on the 26th of August so we will wait till the 10th of September to call. I'd be interested to hear others responses if they call in earlier with similar dates to ours.

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

Hey guys,

This is something I've been trying to figure out! What if you have bad credit? Would that have brought his score down?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.