BigCatCougar

Has anyone called to confirm their interview date for Vietnam in August?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Smartwater!!! I finally got an interview for August 8, 2016. Roughly 60 days is the average wait now to schedule an interview. I asked them the reason and they told me the sheer volume of applicants exceeds their workload capabilities. Especially for Vietnam. Will you attend the interview with your wife? If you do, you will see how many people are there in one day. I see why it takes so long. BUT. The process should be revised. They are scheduling around the K-1 visas. K visas can schedule whenever they get their package. And the NVC schedules our cases. Im guessing the consulate picks out some dates to reserve just for CR/IR cases and maybe some extra. They should allow us to schedule our own appointments that way it will be fair. Then it will truly be first come first serve. Judging by your CC it your wife will have an October interview. But we can all hope for sooner. Good luck! You will be scheduled at the end of August. But lets hope for sooner. Like August!

Have you gotten the interview letter yet? I called in yesterday (June 29th) and was told that my mom's interview is scheduled August 4th. THe case was completed April 14. A month ago May 25th, I called in and was told the interview was scheduled on July 28 at 9 am and i was waiting for the interview letter. However no letter came and after a week, out of patience I called to ask what was going on and they told me no interview has been scheduled . What a frustration and confusion. Now, I am not sure if the schedule this time is official because of no official interview letter yet. However the thread says the letter comes day of scheduling? Anyone has received the letter or has an idea how long it will take for the letter to come in the email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you gotten the interview letter yet? I called in yesterday (June 29th) and was told that my mom's interview is scheduled August 4th. THe case was completed April 14. A month ago May 25th, I called in and was told the interview was scheduled on July 28 at 9 am and i was waiting for the interview letter. However no letter came and after a week, out of patience I called to ask what was going on and they told me no interview has been scheduled . What a frustration and confusion. Now, I am not sure if the schedule this time is official because of no official interview letter yet. However the thread says the letter comes day of scheduling? Anyone has received the letter or has an idea how long it will take for the letter to come in the email?

It comes in about a weeks time. So next week I will post when I get it. I called twice and two people told me the same date. They probably misinformed you like they did with contruable. Contruable, Tyler Truc, and PDNK all got theirs P4 letter a week after their interview was scheduled (June 1st) on May 25th. Who knows. The NVC is notorious for misinforming people. It makes sense that your date is real now since your CC is very close to mine. They scheduled way past my expectations. I think things will pick back up soon and the wait won't be as long. I'm sure others will experience the same as what you did, not leaving anyone immune(including myself). Around next week we will get ours. Just wait and see. :) Just like it took a week for the CC email. They have to customize each email to inform everyone what they need to bring to the interview. Some will be easy and some will be more difficult. For other countries the workload is not as much so they get theirs right away,

Edited by BigCatCougar

It comes in about a weeks time. So next week I will post when I get it. I called twice and two people told me the same date. They probably misinformed you like they did with contruable. Contruable, Tyler Truc, and PDNK all got theirs P4 letter a week after their interview was scheduled (June 1st) on May 25th. Who knows. The NVC is notorious for misinforming people. It makes sense that your date is real now since your CC is very close to mine. They scheduled way past my expectations. I think things will pick back up soon and the wait won't be as long. I'm sure others will experience the same as what you did, not leaving anyone immune(including myself). Around next week we will get ours. Just wait and see. :) Just like it took a week for the CC email. They have to customize each email to inform everyone what they need to bring to the interview. Some will be easy and some will be more difficult. For other countries the workload is not as much so they get theirs right away,

Thank you for your reply, which really put me on relief. I thought I could not trust NVC rep. I think this time it is real based on other's complete date and interview schedules. This time I did call twice to double check. Yes, next week. Yes, the scheduling was way slower than i hoped. Looks like no one is the lucky one for Vietnam, all had to wait very long. Please post here when you get the letter. Will do the same.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply, which really put me on relief. I thought I could not trust NVC rep. I think this time it is real based on other's complete date and interview schedules. This time I did call twice to double check. Yes, next week. Yes, the scheduling was way slower than i hoped. Looks like no one is the lucky one for Vietnam, all had to wait very long. Please post here when you get the letter. Will do the same.

No problem, you're welcome!! And yes, we can't completely trust them until we hold a p4 letter. We will get them soon. A week will pass like nothing. And yes it truly is a "journey" when someone petitions for someone in Vietnam. It takes forever. And yes I will post here as soon as I get my P4 letter!! Thank you ^^

No problem, you're welcome!! And yes, we can't completely trust them until we hold a p4 letter. We will get them soon. A week will pass like nothing. And yes it truly is a "journey" when someone petitions for someone in Vietnam. It takes forever. And yes I will post here as soon as I get my P4 letter!! Thank you ^^

I just got the letter this evening. Did you get yours yet?

Timeline

I just got the letter this evening. Did you get yours yet?

Yes I got it at 16:00!! I am at work so I couldn't reply right away!! Congratulations! Way before I expected it. I guess they are trying to do as much as they can before the holiday. Haha!!

Yes I got it at 16:00!! I am at work so I couldn't reply right away!! Congratulations! Way before I expected it. I guess they are trying to do as much as they can before the holiday. Haha!!

Congratulations. Yeh, I guess so. I am so happy. I have a question, they require my mom to bring the updated tax return to the interview ( I submitted the 2014 one to NVC). I will mail the 2015 copy to my mom, do I need to sign on the copy?

I got it at 16:10 pm.

Congratulations. Yeh, I guess so. I am so happy. I have a question, they require my mom to bring the updated tax return to the interview ( I submitted the 2014 one to NVC). I will mail the 2015 copy to my mom, do I need to sign on the copy?

Also, on the DS-260, for question: Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the US, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I answered NO (it was too at night when I did it for her, so my mind didn't work well-my mistake). The form was done by me. However, 6 years ago, she was refused a visitor's visa to visit me for the first interview ( She was granted 2 weeks later for the 2nd trial). Should she bring this up right away when she meets the officer at the beginning of the interview and says it was my wrong typing (selecting) error, or should she say I (the form preparer) forgot that she was refused the 1st time when I filled the form? Which explanation will be better you think?

Timeline

Also, on the DS-260, for question: Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the US, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I answered NO (it was too at night when I did it for her, so my mind didn't work well-my mistake). The form was done by me. However, 6 years ago, she was refused a visitor's visa to visit me for the first interview ( She was granted 2 weeks later for the 2nd trial). Should she bring this up right away when she meets the officer at the beginning of the interview and says it was my wrong typing (selecting) error, or should she say I (the form preparer) forgot that she was refused the 1st time when I filled the form? Which explanation will be better you think?

Yes you will need to submit this years tax and sign. Also I am not sure about being refused. I would think a visitor visa and a immigrant visa have nothing to do with each other since they are separate visa category. I would ask a vj lawyer or someone one who's more qualified than I ;) hehe. But I'm sure about the taxes because I had to do them ASAP to submit to the NVC. They want from the most recent to three years back and that's enough.

Timeline

Yeah, I got NVC email this morning. My interview will be in 25th August, 7:30 am.

Oh, so happy when get this information.

Thanks God.

Congrats!! Now we all need to do the medical and vacs and we are pretty much set for our beneficiaries to pass with flying colors. Good luck to you!!

Timeline

Congrats!! Now we all need to do the medical and vacs and we are pretty much set for our beneficiaries to pass with flying colors. Good luck to you!!

Yup, I am going to make appointment to do the medical exams, not yet vaccines.

Keep fighting. Hihi

Edited by Tien Tran

Yes you will need to submit this years tax and sign. Also I am not sure about being refused. I would think a visitor visa and a immigrant visa have nothing to do with each other since they are separate visa category. I would ask a vj lawyer or someone one who's more qualified than I ;) hehe. But I'm sure about the taxes because I had to do them ASAP to submit to the NVC. They want from the most recent to three years back and that's enough.

I submitted to NVC the IRS transcript 2014, 2013, 2012 back in March 2016. I now have a copy of the tax return 2015 (I had it done after I submitted the documents to NVC-I filed the tax return extension in April and had it done it May). Now they want my mom to bring the most updated tax return. What I have is a copy. Do I need to sign the copy version which I will give it to my mom?( I thought I only need to sign the official one that I mailed to IRS)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.