Jafifa1978

k1 denied under 221(g) - no relationship with you and petitioner, advise please!

85 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

I might be wrong but I believe in Malaysia, if a non-muslim were to marry a Muslim, it is obligatory for him/ her to convert to Islam.

Yes, you might be right if she Muslim. Someone asked her if she is and I dont know if she replied to it or not. I have not read it if she did. This might be an issue

Edited by pch1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

These are the only red flags i see..

1. Sending ring before meeting
  2. Admitting sending support money
If filing a K1 Fiance visa, NEVER mention the US citizen is sending support money, that is a big no no!
According to what source? In my Vietnam interview, the CO used my consistent US-Vietnam money transfers as proof that I was helping my fiancee. It was a good thing, not a bad thing. Your advice doesn't hold true in high-fraud Vietnam.

I have to disagree with everyone on "didn't spend enough time together?", I have seen a lot of Philippines K1 petitions approved even the couple only started relationship less than 2 months prior to applying and only met once for 5 days or 1 week. They do realize most US citizens have jobs and only allowed 1 week vacation per year!
Your comparison is bad. The Philippines and Malaysia is not even close. And most U.S. citizens with decent jobs get at least two weeks vacation - most can also take holidays, sick days, personal days, and other contributions. Your "one week" is wholly inaccurate. They need a lot more a few days or a week together. Two visits, with family members, travel, and lots of photos.
Maybe you got a CO on a bad day when he didn't have his donuts and coffee, or he has some prejudice on your case for whatever personal reason!?
One of the most immature, irrelevant and ignorant comments about CO's I've seen on this website. "Prejudice" - really? "Personal reasons" - really? It does no good to project your hatred and bias on this site. You apparently have a hatred for American consulate personnel. Sad, really.
Only provide minimum what is required, quality is always better than quantity, DO NOT send 5.5 inches of evidence because the CO will not have time to sort through all your extra garbage, the CO has a lot of other cases to interview! Organize your evidence into sections and put into tabbed labeled folder to make it easy for the CO to quickly read, this looks more professional and shows you are serious.
Great advice! I could not agree more. The whole business of "front-loading" is ridiculous.Waste of time and effort. I went to the interview and had a conversation with a CO about our package.
Next time, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you hire a professional visa processing company like RapidVisa! Sure most people process family visas themselves, but hiring a professional company to guide you through the process if you are not legal savvy
Bad advice! Do your own. Unless you have a learning or language issue, the process is not very difficult. Read and follow directions. Our friends are having a nightmare situation now, thanks to a "professional" visa service. If you do your own, you will become intimately involved in the process and learn a lot about your relationship and the rules. It does not take legal savvy - it just takes a little effort and visajourney.com.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well there must be other red flags. I met my fiancee (now wife) on on internet and we met only once and had no photo. We did though had thousands of texts and skype calls and she was with me when the interview happened. But unlike you, our religion is the same, age difference is only 2 years and we both were never married before, so we got approved right away.

You will have to file again after the case is sent back. Sadly, there is no appeal process in K1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, you might be right if she Muslim. Someone asked her if she is and I dont know if she replied to it or not. I have not read it if she did. This might be an issue

US has no such laws. From Pakistan I know some cases where non muslim men or women were fiancees of muslim men or women and there cases were approved, but with a lot of wait time. The CO looks and local customs and practices but if he sees a good case, he approves it.

Timeline

my fiance was suggesting that we should meet half way like in japan or something and get married over there, any advise?

Wow, I think religion or culture have something to do with you wanting to get married in another country.

I really like to hear what some of the experts on VJ how would they answer this interesting question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

well honestly yes we do have different religion and culture, i am a muslim and he is not, but the truth is, he just hates to fly that long, he never fly before in his whole life and the first time he ever get on the plane is when he came down here that one time, flight to malaysia is 16 hours and he was just wondering if meeting half way would be okay since the flight is much shorter, it has nothing to do we trying to run from the culture or anything like that

Timeline

well honestly yes we do have different religion and culture, i am a muslim and he is not, but the truth is, he just hates to fly that long, he never fly before in his whole life and the first time he ever get on the plane is when he came down here that one time, flight to malaysia is 16 hours and he was just wondering if meeting half way would be okay since the flight is much shorter, it has nothing to do we trying to run from the culture or anything like that

Hi Jafifa1978, my intention was really good and I did not mean to make this an issue. I was just wondering and you replies to my comment with an explanation, that is wonderful ..I wish you guys the best and hope you do meet and get married.

Edited by pch1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

no worries pch1, i understand if it makes you question the situation, most people would anyways

yes he did sent them a picture of me and him, and also a picture of him and my daugther, all 3 of us together, but nothing with the rest of family member like my dad or so though

Timeline

no worries pch1, i understand if it makes you question the situation, most people would anyways

yes he did sent them a picture of me and him, and also a picture of him and my daugther, all 3 of us together, but nothing with the rest of family member like my dad or so though

There are good people and very knowledgeable here on VJ. I hope they can help your or guide you with your question about getting married in another country and how does that work. Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

These are the only red flags i see..

1. Sending ring before meeting
  2. Admitting sending support money
If filing a K1 Fiance visa, NEVER mention the US citizen is sending support money, that is a big no no!
Being engaged before meeting is typical and not a problem!
"i remember the CO asked me that if i am sure that a week together is just enough for me to be married to him" this is irrelevant, actually once you get your K1 fiance visa you have 90 days to get married after you arrive in the US, not 1 week!
I have to disagree with everyone on "didn't spend enough time together?", I have seen a lot of Philippines K1 petitions approved even the couple only started relationship less than 2 months prior to applying and only met once for 5 days or 1 week. They do realize most US citizens have jobs and only allowed 1 week vacation per year! The consulate will accept even only a few days together and only meeting once, whats important is that YOU MET FACE TO FACE AT LEAST ONCE and have plenty of happy smiling loving pictures to prove it! It does help if you provide a pictures of your US fiance with your family and everyone smiling, but it is not required or frowned upon if you dont.
I personally know a couple who met online November 2015 then 1 month later December 2015 he went to visit her for 5 day in Hong Kong (Filipino overseas worker), then immediately when he returned to the US he filed the I-129F K1 petition December 2015, they only had 3 pictures together so they got an RFE which delayed them 2 weeks but were able to send other evidence to prove bonafied relationship, she had her interview (Late March?) and was approved, shes now already in the US, total processing start to finish was 11 weeks!
My opinion is most likely your fiance didn't frontload enough evidence in the K1 petition package sent to USCIS, and/or didn't organize the evidence in a clean semi-professional manner including a cover page listing all subsequent documents and evidence, and letters from both of you stating intent to marry within 90 days. The fact that you are different religions is irrelevant, I have seen plenty of couples approved even they are Christian and Muslim. Maybe you got a CO on a bad day when he didn't have his donuts and coffee, or he has some prejudice on your case for whatever personal reason!?
Since you already met once, you can either reapply for K1 (might need apply for a waiver since you can only apply k1 once every 2 years and only 2x in lifetime) and provide more evidence and better organized then hope for the best, or, plan a 2nd meeting and get married then file a CR1/K3 marriage visa in which case makes it difficult to deny because marriage is generally the best evidence of relationship.
Only provide minimum what is required, quality is always better than quantity, DO NOT send 5.5 inches of evidence because the CO will not have time to sort through all your extra garbage, the CO has a lot of other cases to interview! Organize your evidence into sections and put into tabbed labeled folder to make it easy for the CO to quickly read, this looks more professional and shows you are serious.
Next time, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you hire a professional visa processing company like RapidVisa! Sure most people process family visas themselves, but hiring a professional company to guide you through the process if you are not legal savvy

The OP was meaning that the CO did not think 1 week of face time was enough time together to know they wanted to get married. It had nothing at all to do with having 90 days to marry after entering with the actual K-1 visa. The CO makes the decision on whether or not they believe the K-1 applicant has a bona fide relationship with the USC petitioner, or just wanting the visa for immigration purposes alone.

Makes no difference how easy it is to get a K-1 in the Philippines. The OP is not going through Manila. On top that, each case is different and decided on a case by case basis, even those going through the same consulate.

And please do tell what RapidVisa could have done to convince the CO that they had a valid relationship? Will the marketing guy that came on VJ also go there to her interview and tell the CO they should change their mind?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Nobody in his/her right mind would object an interfaith marriage except religious freaks and well, unfortunately Malaysia's public policy.

Flying to Japan is another 12-14 hours from the states, not much shorter at all. . I don't even know if Japan would marry foreigners without residency. Besides, unless you speak Japanese, wouldn't language be another barrier?

my fiance was suggesting that we should meet half way like in japan or something and get married over there, any advise?

You absolutely can meet in a third country. The flights can be long so if you guys can meet in the middle for some vacation time together a few times then by all means do it. I do suggest though, if you get married this next visit, to have at least 1-3 more visits, at least before interview, preferably before the petition. Send samples of all of your communication together. Look at our guides to see relationship evidence you can send to help with your petition. But honestly, the very best thing, is spending time together.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

US has no such laws. From Pakistan I know some cases where non muslim men or women were fiancees of muslim men or women and there cases were approved, but with a lot of wait time. The CO looks and local customs and practices but if he sees a good case, he approves it.

Lets me assure you that I was not making this a religion issue. The United States does not does not discriminate when in regards to Sex, color or religion so lets make sure of that. The couple from my understanding have met all the requirements to to petition and it was approved, no problems there. Now on the other hand, the CO came to a conclusion for one reason or another to deny her the VISA. What and why that was the CO decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.