Uzume

February 07 NOA 1ers - CSC Centre

34 posts in this topic

About the touches...

Your online case status will show a touch from when your petition was received and your details were entered on the system (or whatever else it is they do) and your NOA1 was sent out. The reason why nobody gets any touches for weeks & weeks after that is because your file is then sitting in the queue waiting to be dealt with! CSC takes around 60 - 90 days to approve I-129Fs, and they are *not* working on your case for that whole time - that is why you're not seeing any touches! I keep seeing people saying 'We had a touch when we got our NOA1 and nothing since! Oh my god! What's happening?!?!'.... but NOTHING is happening, that's the whole point! When they actually get to your file and start looking at it, you may or may not see a touch then, and in a lot of cases, the approval (or an RFE, depending on how complete the application was!) comes very shortly after that...

As lots of people have said on here before, touches don't necessarily mean anything, but with CSC, I think you can be pretty sure that the reason you're getting no touches before the 60 day mark (at least) is that your file is waiting its turn to be dealt with. It's the same for everyone. It won't be touched, because there are a ton of files to get to before it's your file's turn... so be patient! This bit is the worst in terms of feeling that nothing is happening... but it won't seem so bad once you've (finally!) got your NOA2! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
My NOA1 was from 2/20 and no touches since :protest: I pay plenty in taxes, does CSC have 1 person working there???

I'm waiting (not like I have a choice) but it is very frustrating.

Nathan

It is frustrating for sure. But we all have a long wait ahead of us. It looks like they are working on December's applications just now. You've probably got another month or two of no activity. :angry:

Good luck!

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

Lack of touches was stressing me out, too. I had one, 7 days after my NOA1. Then nothing until the day of NOA2.

I think its quite common.

SA4userbar.jpg

My NOA1 was from 2/20 and no touches since :protest: I pay plenty in taxes, does CSC have 1 person working there???

I'm waiting (not like I have a choice) but it is very frustrating.

Nathan

From what I can see from reading the various lists, there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the selection of who goes to VSC and who goes to CSC. :ranting:

But from my experience of working with the government (as a contractor) I am sure there is some highly technical and thoroughly arcane method of selection :secret: that is known only by someone who retired 6 months ago :cry:

We now return to our regularly scheduled program... :clock:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

There is a rhyme nor reason to it. If you look at the instructions on the I 129f, you are told where to send your petition based upon the state you live in.

If your state falls under the jurisdiction of TSC or NSC, those petitions will then be forwarded to CSC. People who live in states under VSC's jurisdiction will be processed there, as is the same for people in CSC's jurisdiction.

Surely you sent in your petition by the same rules, yes?

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

There is a rhyme nor reason to it. If you look at the instructions on the I 129f, you are told where to send your petition based upon the state you live in.

If your state falls under the jurisdiction of TSC or NSC, those petitions will then be forwarded to CSC. People who live in states under VSC's jurisdiction will be processed there, as is the same for people in CSC's jurisdiction.

Surely you sent in your petition by the same rules, yes?

I recall being told to send it to NSC...only to find out after the fact they do not process K1's anymore :bonk::ranting::protest:

One would think that there would be a more equitable distribution between VSC and CSC...but I have seen people who live to the east of me who got forwarded to CSC... :pop:

Since VSC is faster than CSC for whatever reason they should be performing some kind of load balancing to equalize the processing times between them :idea:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

I think I see your point now. And it's exactly what I've been wondering for a while - why not have VSC work on some of CSC's backlog?

Or, have NSC and VSC people be processed at VSC, and TSC and CSC people be processed at CSC?

Seems like a more equitable distribution of the work to me (than VSC alone and CSC handling TSC/NSC and CSC).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
I think I see your point now. And it's exactly what I've been wondering for a while - why not have VSC work on some of CSC's backlog?

Or, have NSC and VSC people be processed at VSC, and TSC and CSC people be processed at CSC?

Seems like a more equitable distribution of the work to me (than VSC alone and CSC handling TSC/NSC and CSC).

That would make too much sense for this never ending beaurocracy called our government. :help:

Nathan

Nathan and Danaik

3/28/08 AOS Paperwork Mailed

4/07/08 Check Cashed

4/09/08 NOA1

4/29/08 Biometrics Done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

That would make too much sense for this never ending beaurocracy called our government. :help:

Nathan

One Vermont Feb filer just wrote they got their approval. 33 days from start to approval. This is just disheartening.

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

One Vermont Feb filer just wrote they got their approval. 33 days from start to approval. This is just disheartening.

Guys - trust me when I say - don't do this to yourselves. Looking at VSC approvals is NOT healthy for your state of mind, esp. if you've just had your NOA1 a few weeks ago. You will kill yourselves with stress and frustration if you so much as go in those threads - just don't do it.

VSC is an anomoly, and people who go through there generally have no concept of what CSCers go through, nor do they really care as they fly through and we sit and rot. Personally, I wish we had a subforum for each service center so we didn't even have to see those threads, but that idea was sort of shot down (see site discussions forum), mostly as un-doable.

For your mental health - really - just don't look at the threads nor open VSCers timelines. Turn off signatures so you don't have to see their dates there, either. I wish I had.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So true, TracyTN !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi....

We had the NOA1 on 5th Feb and our file has only been touched once (8th Feb) - anyone else had more luck than us??? It would be great to hear from Feb NOA1 CSC folk.

Good luck to everyone, it's good to hear about how you're all getting on.

JD & WCH

x :-) :luv:

We all have a long wait ahead ... it's only March, m'friend.

CSC: The "K-1 petitions stacked in some pile in some room down some corridor on the left" Service Center

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

^^ :lol:

Remember the final scene in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' - where they are storing the ark in this huge room? I always picture CSC as that! :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Guys - trust me when I say - don't do this to yourselves. Looking at VSC approvals is NOT healthy for your state of mind, esp. if you've just had your NOA1 a few weeks ago. You will kill yourselves with stress and frustration if you so much as go in those threads - just don't do it.

VSC is an anomoly, and people who go through there generally have no concept of what CSCers go through, nor do they really care as they fly through and we sit and rot. Personally, I wish we had a subforum for each service center so we didn't even have to see those threads, but that idea was sort of shot down (see site discussions forum), mostly as un-doable.

For your mental health - really - just don't look at the threads nor open VSCers timelines. Turn off signatures so you don't have to see their dates there, either. I wish I had.

I agree but... :whistle:

I also remember the catch phrase from the movie "Network"

:ph34r:

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it!" :protest:

If more people complained perhaps something would get done to equalize the processing times a bit... :ranting:

Alternately, I resign myself to the fact this is going to take time, life isn't fair, and how can I get my K1 transfered to VSC??? :cry:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

Hey, if I thought complaining would get us anywhere, I'd for sure do it. But how do you even begin to complain with a huge govt entity like that?

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.