Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Onuoa said:

Yes, ,the “IOE”number and there is a message confirming the payment on status update date.”On May 25,2022 we received your USCIS immigrant fee payment for your permanent card related to your immigrant visa.”

Now. You should call USCIS and make an appointment at your nearest office. Wish you the best 👌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shaksaat said:

Now. You should call USCIS and make an appointment at your nearest office. Wish you the best 👌

Thanks.I will do that by next week as this is already weekend.

Timeline
On 8/19/2022 at 11:24 AM, Shaksaat said:

Getting to speak to USCIS representative to book an appointment  is hard, I made several attempts without success, the best I could get is the voice prompt which kept  telling me that my permanent resident card will be processed in 120days after payment and this, ironically, defers from the information on status update which is 90days.

Please, what else can I do other than to wait for 120 days to elapse?And what could be the possible cause of this delay in processing my card?

Edited by Onuoa

3 minutes ago, Onuoa said:

Getting to speak to USCIS representative to book an appointment  is hard, I made several attempts without success, the best I could get is the voice prompt which kept  telling me that my permanent resident card will be processed in 120days after payment and this, ironically, defers from the information on status update which is 90days.

Please, what else can I do other than to wait for 120 days to elapse?And what could be the possible cause of this delay in processing my card?

You may call USCIS and keep on asking for personal support. It works sometimes.  Otherwise,  Sorry. You will have to wait 120 days, which is not much longer in your case.Best of Luck !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, Shaksaat said:

You may call USCIS and keep on asking for personal support. It works sometimes.  Otherwise,  Sorry. You will have to wait 120 days, which is not much longer in your case.Best of Luck !

Please,I want to know if the change of address I did online a day before my card was approved for production will be effective or if they will send the card to my old address.Thanks.

3 hours ago, Onuoa said:

Please,I want to know if the change of address I did online a day before my card was approved for production will be effective or if they will send the card to my old address.Thanks.

I m not fully sure. You may keep on checking the updates from Post Office also. For this you MUST subscribe to "USPS Informed delivery ". Visit USPS site for more details. Best of luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shaksaat said:

I m not fully sure. You may keep on checking the updates from Post Office also. For this you MUST subscribe to "USPS Informed delivery ". Visit USPS site for more details. Best of luck.

Thanks,I appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

joining the thread... 

09/09/22: Paid the green card fee

09/11/22: Entered the US through Houston

09/19/22: Social Security Card received in the mail.

One thing I've noticed when checking. my case status online is that it shows the payment date as the 10th, and it also says submitted on the 13th... Does anybody know what it means?

I'm doing consular processing in London with interview set for end of November. Does anyone have any up-to-date knowledge on how long it should take to receive the green card? I assume it's triggered by entry date into the US and of course over Christmas it'll be slow. I've seen the vague timescale of 1-3 months but things seem to be speeding up and changing fast. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

we have EB2NIW approved case and have done an interview @ US embassy
we landed in the USA as a new immigrant on august 27 2022 with my family and after two weeks I got a notification for green card approval for all my family (till now card has not been received ) but for me no change.

one week later I got an appointment for biometrics(code 2 on Sep 26, 2022) (however it is done before @ the embassy )and now three weeks after the appointment status still (we are actively reviewing your form os155a, immigrant visa, and alien registration, and receipt number our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. we will let you know if we need anything from you.) no one in my family got his card.

Hi everyone! 
I applied for my husband (I-130) and his interview is on 2nd Nov 2022. We’re planning on entering USA on 15th Nov 2022, but the catch is he has to leave within 2 months back to Dubai as he has wind up his business; he’ll be back within 6 months. Any idea if this can be done? And how long will it take for his physical green card to arrive? 

On 10/1/2022 at 12:43 AM, Clare and Claire said:

I'm doing consular processing in London with interview set for end of November. Does anyone have any up-to-date knowledge on how long it should take to receive the green card? I assume it's triggered by entry date into the US and of course over Christmas it'll be slow. I've seen the vague timescale of 1-3 months but things seem to be speeding up and changing fast. 

Same question. I will also be entering USA around mid November 

8 minutes ago, mscooby said:

Hi everyone! 
I applied for my husband (I-130) and his interview is on 2nd Nov 2022. We’re planning on entering USA on 15th Nov 2022, but the catch is he has to leave within 2 months back to Dubai as he has wind up his business; he’ll be back within 6 months. Any idea if this can be done? And how long will it take for his physical green card to arrive? 

Upon entering US his passport will be stamped for a 1 year valid as a Green Card stamp. He will be able to travel back into USA on that stamp. Physical GC arrives within 6-8 weeks of entry into USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.