Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, Southernboy123 said:

Visa Fee paid  08/12/21

POE Newark 11/21/21

SSN Received 11/25/21

GC 139 Days and still waiting.

So my Case status has changed to ‘Card is being produced’ after 147 days. Likely timeframe until card in hand? 
TIA

On 4/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, Southernboy123 said:

So my Case status has changed to ‘Card is being produced’ after 147 days. Likely timeframe until card in hand? 

For me, it took around 2 weeks.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Agolbaghi said:

Just be patient… most of us got it before day 90!

Thanks everyone. Got my GC today, 75 days after POE !

My timeline :

VISA fee : Feb 07,2022

POE : SFO Feb 15, 2022

Card being produced : April 24, 2022

Card Picked by USPS : April 28,2022

Card Delivered : April 29, 2022 

Me and my wife POE together but her GC arrived 35 days earlier ? Her came from Lee's Summit, Missouri and mine came from Corbin Facility KY.

Edited by Shaksaat

Hello, i need advice. I visited the US last year on December. On April this year, I received an envelope from USCIS that they need my IV packet which should have been submitted by POE. I gave them my IV packet at POE but they returned it to me and said they don't need it, everything is electronic. Now i have to come to one of their offices in person, bring IV packet, they have to take my fingerprints etc. The problem is that while I was waiting for the card, I had to go to my country for family reasons and I realize that I should not have done it..my visa i551 stamp in passport is no longer valid, what should i do now ? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Andrej232 said:

Hello, i need advice. I visited the US last year on December. On April this year, I received an envelope from USCIS that they need my IV packet which should have been submitted by POE. I gave them my IV packet at POE but they returned it to me and said they don't need it, everything is electronic. Now i have to come to one of their offices in person, bring IV packet, they have to take my fingerprints etc. The problem is that while I was waiting for the card, I had to go to my country for family reasons and I realize that I should not have done it..my visa i551 stamp in passport is no longer valid, what should i do now ? Thank you

I am confused by your statement  “ I visited the US “ .. did you enter the US at that time using your immigrant visa ? The stamped visa in your passport is valid as evidence of your Permanent Resident status for 12 months from date of entry using your visa. If it had not been valid you would not have been  granted entry when you presented it .. you would have been sent to secondary inspection and kept there until they confirmed your status through USCIS .. not a 5 minute process.. Am i correct that this didn't happen ? 
Unfortunately you are not going to receive the GC until they have the packet in hand .. and confirmed your identity with biometrics. A huge inconvenience for you when it was their error.. but no other options unfortunately   

Edited by Lil bear

12 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

I am confused by your statement  “ I visited the US “ .. did you enter the US at that time using your immigrant visa ? The stamped visa in your passport is valid as evidence of your Permanent Resident status for 12 months from date of entry using your visa. If it had not been valid you would not have been  granted entry when you presented it .. you would have been sent to secondary inspection and kept there until they confirmed your status through USCIS .. not a 5 minute process.. Am i correct that this didn't happen ? 
Unfortunately you are not going to receive the GC until they have the packet in hand .. and confirmed your identity with biometrics. A huge inconvenience for you when it was their error.. but no other options unfortunately   

Yes I entered the USA to get a immigrant visas. I was granted a visa on July 30, 2021, and it says that it serves as a temporary residence for one year, but there is also an expiration date of January 2, 2022. And you say those visas are valid for a year from the date I entered the United States ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Andrej232 said:

Yes I entered the USA to get a immigrant visas. I was granted a visa on July 30, 2021, and it says that it serves as a temporary residence for one year, but there is also an expiration date of January 2, 2022. And you say those visas are valid for a year from the date I entered the United States ?

No your visa must be used by its expiry date .. Jan 2 2022.. which you did when you entered in Dec 2021. When you enter using the visa, the CBP officer stamps the visa and this “stamped visa” is now called a temporary I 551.. evidence  of your  permanent resident status .  As a permanent resident, you now enter the US using the I551…. USC and permanent residents do not use visas to enter the US.. they use evidence of their status.. USC uses their US passport, Permanent residents use their I551. When you get your Green card.. this becomes your I551. The “stamped visa” .. temporary I551.. is valid for 12 months from entry as the GC takes weeks to months to be printed and received even under ideal situations. 

I think the line at the bottom of your visa foil actually says 

“ upon endorsement serves as temporary I 551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year”.
The endorsement only happens at entry.  So that starts the 1 year period for the temporary I 551 

Edited by Lil bear

On 5/9/2022 at 1:57 PM, Bat man said:

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: May 6, 2022

Date of Entry: May 8, 2022

Port of Entry: Austin (AUS)

Currently: Waiting for SSN and GC 🥰

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: May 6, 2022

Date of Entry: May 8, 2022

Port of Entry: Austin (AUS)
SSN: May 17, 2022
Currently: Waiting for GC 🥰

On 5/16/2022 at 10:46 PM, Lil bear said:

No your visa must be used by its expiry date .. Jan 2 2022.. which you did when you entered in Dec 2021. When you enter using the visa, the CBP officer stamps the visa and this “stamped visa” is now called a temporary I 551.. evidence  of your  permanent resident status .  As a permanent resident, you now enter the US using the I551…. USC and permanent residents do not use visas to enter the US.. they use evidence of their status.. USC uses their US passport, Permanent residents use their I551. When you get your Green card.. this becomes your I551. The “stamped visa” .. temporary I551.. is valid for 12 months from entry as the GC takes weeks to months to be printed and received even under ideal situations. 

I think the line at the bottom of your visa foil actually says 

“ upon endorsement serves as temporary I 551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year”.
The endorsement only happens at entry.  So that starts the 1 year period for the temporary I 551 

Just to make it clear for me because it is confusing. As long as the stamp is not past the expiration date on the CBP admission stamp on my visa, am I free to travel ?  If not, I know that there are also international offices (Mexico etc.), is it possible to make an appointment there ? Any experience ? Thank you for your patience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.