Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MikyMike1983 said:

Mr./Ms. Ma

I recommend to call USCIS and ask them to make for you Info pass in the most closer USCIS field office and they will tell you what is the problem. I did that and they told me your IV visa packet that i had must be  submitting to closer POE.  My case is old and an IV packet was issued and because the officer did not take my IV packet, my card production was delayed for months 

By what phone number did you call them? I call to 800-375-5283 but it seems like it is impossible to speak with some live representative by that number... only auto responder with the recognition of my questions and all answers from it are absolutely useless, like "you can check your case status online in your account"... etc... It keeps disconecting me as soon as I ask for speaking with some live person.
Did someone managed to reach for some live representative by that number??

34 minutes ago, prowler101 said:

By what phone number did you call them? I call to 800-375-5283 but it seems like it is impossible to speak with some live representative by that number... only auto responder with the recognition of my questions and all answers from it are absolutely useless, like "you can check your case status online in your account"... etc... It keeps disconecting me as soon as I ask for speaking with some live person.

When you call you should say : INFOPASS" then it will transfer you to real agent. 

11 hours ago, prowler101 said:

It might be faster to just call CBP directly to make an appointment to surrender your IV packet.  Select the CBP deferred inspection site nearest you and call their number listed here -- https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites

11 hours ago, Chancy said:

It might be faster to just call CBP directly to make an appointment to surrender your IV packet.  Select the CBP deferred inspection site nearest you and call their number listed here -- https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites

that is a good idea. but in my case when i went to the USCIS office, they gave me a referral sheet with USCIS logo on it to request service from the CBP, which made it more easier for them to accept it.  

Small update on my case.
So, the problem indeed was with missing IV packet! Yesterday morning I got a letter from the USCIS in my mailbox. They wrote me that they haven't received my IV packet and I need to schedule an appointment to the nearest USCIS Field Office.
After that I reached out to representative and asked for an appointment to submit IV visa packet. He added me to the 'regular' appointment queue...
In this queue now I need to wait until another USCIS representative(maybe from my local Field USCIS office) call me on the phone with further information about appointment. The representative must call me... within 30 days. 
As a summary, I'm on 141 day now, and I don't know how soon they will call me and finally schedule this appointment for me... I hope not later than April...
Well, I guess my case will be the longest one when I will receive GC 😅

5 hours ago, prowler101 said:

Small update on my case.
So, the problem indeed was with missing IV packet! Yesterday morning I got a letter from the USCIS in my mailbox. They wrote me that they haven't received my IV packet and I need to schedule an appointment to the nearest USCIS Field Office.
After that I reached out to representative and asked for an appointment to submit IV visa packet. He added me to the 'regular' appointment queue...
In this queue now I need to wait until another USCIS representative(maybe from my local Field USCIS office) call me on the phone with further information about appointment. The representative must call me... within 30 days. 
As a summary, I'm on 141 day now, and I don't know how soon they will call me and finally schedule this appointment for me... I hope not later than April...

Good news. Now you will be on the right track, i think you will get your GC, in about one month from submitting your IV packet , same as what happen with me. but you seems in the right path. 

14 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

HI, finally my case already changed to “Card Is Being Produced" after 83 days of entry.

Congratulation. You would get it within one week. 

2 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Hi everyone, status just changed to” GC mailed to me” !!! 🎉🎉🍾but I can’t see any usps tracking number yet! Maybe looking for it in wrong place?! Any advice appreciated… thanks 

AG

CONGRATS!!!
Next case status would be "Card is being picked up by USPS"
Then you will have the USPS tracking number. 

12 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Thank you M from 852, 

by any chance do you remember how long was between being mailed and picked up in your case please?!

In 1 day's time :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, prowler101 said:

Small update on my case.

This happened to my kids GC, still waiting on one, but I now have SSN for both.  Been waiting since April 2021

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

20 hours ago, M from 852 said:

In 1 day's time :)

Thank you M from 852! You were right , it just changed to “picked up by usps”!

the good thing is they put usps tracking “key” right inside the uscis “app” and you don’t need to do extras!! Just a quick update for whoever still waiting!!like piece of mind!☺️

AG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.