Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Chancy said:

so I logged a ticket for USCIS

Hoping you log a smile..I love our “

plastic “ with all its challenges “ ..

AGUSTO NIZ-CHAVEZ, PETITIONER v. MERRICK B. GARLAND, ATTORNEY GENERAL
ON WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SIXTH CIRCUIT
[April 29, 2021]
JUSTICE GORSUCH delivered the opinion of the Court.
Anyone who has applied for a passport, filed for Social Security benefits, or sought a license understands the gov- ernment’s affinity for forms. Make a mistake or skip a page? Go back and try again, sometimes with a penalty for the trouble. But it turns out the federal government finds some of its forms frustrating too

14 hours ago, Chancy said:

Most consulates do not have physical IV packets anymore, that immigrant visa holders have to pass on to CBP at POE.  Some are given a physical copy of their medical records, but those are for their personal records, not for CBP.  IV case files are now transferred electronically in most cases.  If your immigrant visa has the annotation "IV DOCS IN CCD", that means your case files are digital, and there's no physical IV packet for you.

I see only 1 annotation - it's "212(g)(2)(B)"... I don't see any "IV DOCS IN CCD" annotations on my visa and visa documents... Now I guess it was a mistake of officer at the POE that he returned the packet to me instead of collecting it😢 

18 hours ago, MikyMike1983 said:

With my experience. After calling and calling and going to USCIS local office with info pass. I was told I won’t receive my GC while my IV still with me. So i had to go to closet airport to me as POE. Which is DTW.  To submit my IV packet after i took a reference sheet from the USCIS office. Then I received my GC. One month later 

How did you get this info pass for appointment in USCIS local office?? 
According to the https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2 there is no ability to schedule the appointment with this info pass anymore... How to make an appointment to them to give this IV packet?

Edited by prowler101

4 minutes ago, prowler101 said:

How did you get this info pass for appointment in USCIS local office?? 
According to the https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2 there is no ability to schedule the appointment with this info pass anymore... How to make an appointment to them to give this IV packet?

I hope I don’t end up to info pass …. How long have you been waiting for GC if I may?!Didnt you open package yet?! I bet it is only medical report copy!!!

18 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

I hope I don’t end up to info pass …. How long have you been waiting for GC if I may?!Didnt you open package yet?! I bet it is only medical report copy!!!

I've been waiting for 140 days already! And no updates since then. just "immigrant visa fee received"...
The officer opened the package and checked all that, and then after checking he returned the package to me. There are not only medical report copy, there are also other copies of all documents and also my photos!!... I still wonder why he did not collect all of that at airport? Now I think this is the problem of the delay! But the response of the USCIS after request is only 'We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case, please wait 90 more days since that response"... Very strange! If they don't have the IV package they could have told me about that during this 140 days! They just answered on my request without any information :( very dissapointing..

Edited by prowler101

1 minute ago, prowler101 said:

I've been waiting for 140 days already! And no updates since then. just "immigrant visa fee received"...
The officer opened the package and checked all that, and then after checking he returned the package to me. There are not only medical report copy, there are also other copies of all documents and also my photos!!... I still wonder why he did not collect all of that at airport?

Yup, I just went back to your older posts and remember you were the 140 day person! So sorry about that! I am on day 88 and still glimmer of hope after my first inquiry hopefully it generates a positive response!🤞🏻🤞🏼About the package, we are in same boat, I think “chancy” is right, if they need it , they would have keep it … especially after opening as you see there is nothing secret , only some copies that we would have it anyway up on our request!! That couldn’t be the reason for delay! But I think going to local office to make sure of everything especially on day 150 or so , makes a complete sense!! Please keep us updated since I guess some of us will follow your foot step unfortunately! ( I hope not for no one) I certainly wish you to get your GC very soon … I don’t think I can survive 140 days!!!

sincere

AG

9 hours ago, Agolbaghi said:

Yup, I just went back to your older posts and remember you were the 140 day person! So sorry about that! I am on day 88 and still glimmer of hope after my first inquiry hopefully it generates a positive response!🤞🏻🤞🏼About the package, we are in same boat, I think “chancy” is right, if they need it , they would have keep it … especially after opening as you see there is nothing secret , only some copies that we would have it anyway up on our request!! That couldn’t be the reason for delay! But I think going to local office to make sure of everything especially on day 150 or so , makes a complete sense!! Please keep us updated since I guess some of us will follow your foot step unfortunately! ( I hope not for no one) I certainly wish you to get your GC very soon … I don’t think I can survive 140 days!!!

sincere

AG

Yes! Yes! I just got notification:

” card is being produced “

payment date: 12/ 28/ 2021

entrance date: 01/01/2022

day 88!

today 03/26/ 2022: card is being produced 

as you see keeping the package was not a case for us since we offered to police and they said it is not necessary! But Mikey is right each case is different.

we had “ docs send electronically “ similar notification on our visa… 

for SSN card we applied in local office and we got that one after about 8weeks of entering…

now for tracking if anyone can guide me how to track it I appreciate it, I do have tracking app for usps , ups, FedEx…

thanks to everyone… I hope my sharing can help others to make right decisions…

immigration doesn’t even let me to do my first inquiry as I planned to do in next few days!☺️
special thanks to yehia, chancy , prowler, Mikey,…

good luck to everyone!!

AG

1 minute ago, Agolbaghi said:

Yes! Yes! I just got notification:

” card is being produced “

payment date: 12/ 28/ 2021

entrance date: 01/01/2022

day 88!

today 03/26/ 2022: card is being produced 

as you see keeping the package was not a case for us since we offered to police and they said it is not necessary! But Mikey is right each case is different.

we had “ docs send electronically “ similar notification on our visa… 

for SSN card we applied in local office and we got that one after about 8weeks of entering…

now for tracking if anyone can guide me how to track it I appreciate it, I do have tracking app for usps , ups, FedEx…

immigration doesn’t even let me to do my first inquiry as I planned to do in next few days!☺️

good luck to everyone!!

AG

Just to add: we did not do additional finger print in airport, just took picture, no fingerprints after that on local office either, no info pass in local office either… POE: Los Angeles!!!

6 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

good luck to everyone!!

AG

Hey, congrats!

For tracking your GC, on the case status
After "Card is being produced" > "Card is mailed to me" > "Card is picked up by USPS"

"Card is picked up by USPS"
There would be a tracking number provided on this case status and USCIS will use Priority Mail

Use the tracking number for your app :)

Cheers

Edited by M from 852

8 minutes ago, M from 852 said:

Hey, congrats!

For tracking your GC, on the case status
After "Card is being produced" > "Card is mailed to me" > "Card is picked up by USPS"

"Card is picked up by USPS"
There would be a tracking number provided on this case status and USCIS will use Priority Mail

Use the tracking number for your app :)

Cheers

Thanks M from 852… so basically just wait till status changes then pick up the tracking number?! And track it on app?!

I see it approximately take 5 days?!

2 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Thanks M from 852… so basically just wait till status changes then pick up the tracking number?! And track it on app?!

I see it approximately take 5 days?!

Yes, wait till the case status changes to "Card is picked up by USPS", there will be a tracking number provided.

You may track it via USPS website and select email and/or SMS notification. You may also use your app with the tracking number provided if it is what you prefer.

For my case, it takes 4 days to change from "Card is being produced" to "Card is mailed to me" then the day after, it becomes, "Card is picked up by USPS"

So check your case status throughout the day. 

11 hours ago, prowler101 said:

I see only 1 annotation - it's "212(g)(2)(B)"... I don't see any "IV DOCS IN CCD" annotations on my visa and visa documents... Now I guess it was a mistake of officer at the POE that he returned the packet to me instead of collecting it😢 

11 hours ago, prowler101 said:

There are not only medical report copy, there are also other copies of all documents and also my photos!!... I still wonder why he did not collect all of that at airport?

That definitely sounds like you were issued a physical IV packet by the consulate.  The right place to surrender the packet now is to the CBP deferred inspection site nearest you.  Check here for how to contact them to make an appointment -- https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites

Edited by Chancy
typo

On 3/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, Chancy said:

Still no change to case status after the 120-day mark.  The system still won't let me log a ticket for Out of Normal Processing, saying my case is within normal processing time.  Sigh.

Card being produced at day 123!  It may be a coincidence, but my case finally progressed after I corrected some errors with the I-551 info on my USCIS online profile.  First, my physical address was blank, although my mailing address was exactly as listed on my DS-260.  I was able to update the address online.  Second, my name had extra letters "NMN" even though I actually have a middle name.  It was listed as "(FIRST NAME) (MIDDLE NAME) NMN (LAST NAME)".  The full name field was not editable, so I logged a ticket for USCIS typo error.  Hoping my GC will not be printed with the error.

POE (at DFW):  11/21/2021

Fee Paid:  11/22/2021

SSN Received:  11/29/2021

SR Filed (for Non-Delivery of Card):  02/23/2022

SR Response Received:  03/09/2022  (email said: "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case." 🙄)

SR Filed (for USCIS Typo Error) :  03/22/2022

Card Being Produced:  03/25/2022

Edited by Chancy

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Card being produced at day 123!  It may be a coincidence, but my case finally progressed after I corrected some errors with the I-551 info on my USCIS online profile.  First, my physical address was blank, although my mailing address was exactly as listed on my DS-260.  I was able to update the address online.  Second, my name had extra letters "NMN" even though I actually have a middle name.  It was listed as "(FIRST NAME) (MIDDLE NAME) NMN (LAST NAME)".  The full name field was not editable, so I logged a ticket for USCIS typo error.  Hoping my GC will not be printed with the error.

POE (at DFW):  11/21/2021

Fee Paid:  11/22/2021

SSN Received:  11/29/2021

SR Filed (for Non-Delivery of Card):  02/23/2022

SR Response Received:  03/09/2022  (email said: "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case." 🙄)

SR Filed (for USCIS Typo Error) :  03/22/2022

Card Being Produced:  03/25/2022

Congratulations 🎉 

Mr./Ms. Ma

16 hours ago, prowler101 said:

The officer opened the package and checked all that, and then after checking he returned the package to me. There are not only medical report copy, there are also other copies of all documents and also my photos!!... I still wonder why he did not collect all of that at airport? Now I think this is the problem of the delay! But the response of the USCIS after request is only 'We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case, please wait 90 more days since that response"... Very strange! If they don't have the IV package they could have told me about that during this 140 days! They just answered on my request without any information :( very dissapointing..

I recommend to call USCIS and ask them to make for you Info pass in the most closer USCIS field office and they will tell you what is the problem. I did that and they told me your IV visa packet that i had must be  submitting to closer POE.  My case is old and an IV packet was issued and because the officer did not take my IV packet, my card production was delayed for months 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.