Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

With my experience. After calling and calling and going to USCIS local office with info pass. I was told I won’t receive my GC while my IV still with me. So i had to go to closet airport to me as POE. Which is DTW.  To submit my IV packet after i took a reference sheet from the USCIS office. Then I received my GC. One month later 

6 hours ago, prowler101 said:

I'm on the 140 day since entering and paying fee and still no green card. After sumbitting a request I also got the response "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case." 
After reading your comment now I think that maybe the delay because of Immigrant Visa Packet??? At the airport the officer opened it, checked it and then just returned it to me! He did not keep the packet... just said that everything ok... So I still have this packet with me... Do I need to to give this packet to USCIS??? 

As what happened to me and what the USCIS officer told me.  That I won’t never get my GC if I have my IV packet with me. Its not belong to me and must to be handover to CBP at the airport to stamp it on the visa summary page and to be processed to USCIS through them. This is the correct path to issue the GC. One month later i got my GC. I think you need to request an info pass and see what is the wrong  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is my timeline!

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: Jan 29, 2022

Date of Entry: Feb 4, 2022

Port of Entry: Chicago (ORD)

Received SSN: Mid Feb

I went through customs while in Canada. I didn't have any Visa packet with me nor was I instructed to have any packet with me. They just needed my passport, stamped it, and that was it. Still says "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" online. It's been almost 2 months - hoping I hear soon!

What is the Immigrant Visa Packet that people are referring to? I wasn't provided anything like this after my interview; just got my passport. Did everyone get a packet except me? Please advise!

Also, is the account to view the status of your GC the same account created on https://myaccount.uscis.gov/? I'm having difficulties finding information when I login oddly. My case isn't there. Thanks!

Edited by Kiki031320

8 hours ago, prowler101 said:

DO you still have your Immigrand Visa packet? Or you left this packet at the point of entry??

4 minutes ago, Kiki031320 said:

What is the Immigrant Visa Packet that people are referring to? I wasn't provided anything like this after my interview; just got my passport. Did everyone get a packet except me? Please advise!

Most consulates do not have physical IV packets anymore, that immigrant visa holders have to pass on to CBP at POE.  Some are given a physical copy of their medical records, but those are for their personal records, not for CBP.  IV case files are now transferred electronically in most cases.  If your immigrant visa has the annotation "IV DOCS IN CCD", that means your case files are digital, and there's no physical IV packet for you.

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Most consulates do not have physical IV packets anymore, that immigrant visa holders have to pass on to CBP at POE.  Some are given a physical copy of their medical records, but those are for their personal records, not for CBP.  IV case files are now transferred electronically in most cases.  If your immigrant visa has the annotation "IV DOCS IN CCD", that means your case files are digital, and there's no physical IV packet for you.

This what happened to me. And my GC was not producing and sent to me until I submit my IV packet.  It could be only required for certain IV types or if a IV packet physically has been issued,  the packet must be submitted. This what happened to me. It might be different to others. 

12 minutes ago, MikyMike1983 said:

It could be only required for certain IV types or if a IV packet physically has been issued,  the packet must be submitted. This what happened to me. It might be different to others. 

Correct.  If a physical packet was issued by the consulate, then it should definitely be submitted to CBP.

Most consulates, however, no longer issue a physical packet with the immigrant visa.  So other readers who are wondering about the IV packet do not need to worry if they did not get one from their consulate.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:50 PM, M from 852 said:

Thank you everyone providing their insights 

For my case,

Nov 8, 2021 Fee paid
Nov 19, 2021 POE: JFK

Case status online still stuck at Immigration Fee Received.

Submitted inquiries twice, waiting for the second response.

Extremely frustrating, it's almost 4 days before it hits 120 days since POE.

Hi all, an update

After inquiries made by a congressman's rep, USCIS has resolved an electronic transmission error of my IV packet.
Yes, my visa packet is an electronic one. 

Card was being produced and within a few days, as of today, I have received my green card!!!

Thank you all.

1 hour ago, M from 852 said:

After inquiries made by a congressman's rep, USCIS has resolved an electronic transmission error of my IV packet.
Yes, my visa packet is an electronic one. 

Card was being produced and within a few days, as of today, I have received my green card!!!

Thanks for the update and congrats on finally getting your plastic GC!

My POE is just a couple of days after yours.  I suspect that there was also a transmission error with my electronic records.  I checked my USCIS account recently and saw that my I-551 info lists extra letters in my name! 😡  I'll wait a bit more, then if there's still no progress, I'll also ask for help from my congressman.

15 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Thanks for the update and congrats on finally getting your plastic GC!

My POE is just a couple of days after yours.  I suspect that there was also a transmission error with my electronic records.  I checked my USCIS account recently and saw that my I-551 info lists extra letters in my name! 😡  I'll wait a bit more, then if there's still no progress, I'll also ask for help from my congressman.

Thanks!

Does the extra words happen to be NMN?

Hopefully, your GC will arrive soon!

NMN means "no middle name".
for my case, it appears between my first and last name.

Like (FIRST NAME) NMN (LAST NAME).

Don't worry about it, it's normal if you do not have a middle name. It is actually correct to have NMN in between. 
This will ensure you have correct first and last name in your GC!

33 minutes ago, M from 852 said:

NMN means "no middle name".
for my case, it appears between my first and last name.

Like (FIRST NAME) NMN (LAST NAME).

Don't worry about it, it's normal if you do not have a middle name. It is actually correct to have NMN in between. 
This will ensure you have correct first and last name in your GC!

Wow too much useful infos! Thanks everyone and congratulations to M from 852;

here is my experience so far;

day 87 from payment 

day 84 from entrance 

POE: Los Angeles 

we got vise with “ IV Docs…” meaning transmitted electronically written on visa!!
we also received physical packet … once we offered to police in airport he said no need for that everything is electronically now! So after 2 months keeping at home I opened it and just saw few pages of “ medical records “!!!! No notice, nothing else…I think combination of all above said is correct… they didn’t require in our case but they might have it necessary in other airports!!! Obviously they are not in the same page!

I am planning to make inquiries on our day 90 based on entry ( there is only 3 days after our payment) to remove any excuse for that 3 days!!

about the log on log out, I had same problems… please note logging in from “ iPhone app “ case tracker” looks a little different from logging in on line directly to website but material are the same!

I will appreciate any input about all of above and opinion how I am doing so far!

thanks

AG

32 minutes ago, M from 852 said:

Unfortunately, NMN is listed even though I actually have a middle name, which is clearly labeled on my passport bio page and petition documents.  But on the I-551 info on my USCIS profile, my name is listed as "(FIRST NAME) (MIDDLE NAME) NMN (LAST NAME)" 😒

16 minutes ago, Chancy said:

But on the I-551 info

To correct I-551 , do an I-90 based on pg 2 reason being DHS error, no filling fee required. Attach copies of birth/passport/marriage if any / DMV lic ..and though it takes long , it gets done. 

I was truly puzzled when I met my first FNU ..( first name unknown)

4 minutes ago, Family said:

To correct I-551 , do an I-90 based on pg 2 reason being DHS error, no filling fee required. Attach copies of birth/passport/marriage if any / DMV lic ..and though it takes long , it gets done. 

I don't have my plastic GC yet.  Normally can't file I-90 without a card unless it was lost or stolen.  The error is on my USCIS online profile, so I logged a ticket for USCIS typo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.