Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Agolbaghi said:

We arrived early January… no biometric on airport… not asking for sealed package either… for ss card I actively made an appointment in local office to apply by their help… we got ss card few days later…. But no plastic GC…. We are less than 50 days from arrival and /or payment…any hope to get it before 90 days?!

Hi , what is the airport for POE ? what is the status shown in the online Tracking / USCIS Account ? what is the state of your address?

Regards

19 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Los Angeles…. Payment was received…. Nevada! Thanks Mohamed 

Ok , my POE was JAN. 04  , Received SSN on Jan 16 Automatically  (without appointment), the status still "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" , No fingerprints NOR package in the airport , STATE / Michigan

Edited by yehia mohamed

On 2/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, linya27 said:

Hi!! I just filed an e-request online to follow up for my gc. I used the 'outside normal processing time' option.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init

Here is my timeline:

Paid Immigrant Fee: October 29, 2021
POE: LAX November 12, 2021
SS Card Arrived: November 22, 2021 
Green Card: For Production Feb 5, 2022

I only got movement on my online status a few days after I did an e-request. Hope that helps.

Hi , what  did you use for "Form Number &  Form Sub Type " in (Outside Normal Processing Time form) , Regards

Edited by yehia mohamed

6 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi , what  did you use for "Form Number &  Form Sub Type " in (Outside Normal Processing Time form) , Regards

I used OS155A on the form number. I don't think it has a sub type. 

Is it correct that you entered the US just on Jan 4? That might be too early to query your case then. These days it takes 90 days from your date of entry to be outside normal processing times.

9 hours ago, linya27 said:

I used OS155A on the form number. I don't think it has a sub type. 

Is it correct that you entered the US just on Jan 4? That might be too early to query your case then. These days it takes 90 days from your date of entry to be outside normal processing times.

Thanks , I did not submitte the form yet , I will wait till 02 April and then I will send the claims (outside normal processing times &  Non Delivary of card) if i do not get the GC till that date.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:56 AM, Agolbaghi said:

We arrived early January… no biometric on airport… not asking for sealed package either… for ss card I actively made an appointment in local office to apply by their help… we got ss card few days later…. But no plastic GC…. We are less than 50 days from arrival and /or payment…any hope to get it before 90 days?!

That's interesting. 
My father in-law came to the USA for the first time on December 20th. 2021 (he was unable to travel with my mother in-law when she came in for the first time).
They did not take his biometrics like they did with my mother in-law back in Oct 2021.
My wife (their petitioner) when she asked the agent about not taking his biometrics, the office said no longer needed on electronic cases.
Same as you.

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

9 minutes ago, Fr3edom21 said:

That's interesting. 
My father in-law came to the USA for the first time on December 20th. 2021 (he was unable to travel with my mother in-law when she came in for the first time).
They did not take his biometrics like they did with my mother in-law back in Oct 2021.
My wife (their petitioner) when she asked the agent about not taking his biometrics, the office said no longer needed on electronic cases.
Same as you.

Hi , did you submit the claim for your mother in-law (POE 10/09/2021) as more than 90 days passed from her entering date, or she already received her GC ?

6 minutes ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi , did you submit the claim for your mother in-law (POE 10/09/2021) as more than 90 days passed from her entering date, or she already received her GC ?

Yes, we submitted an inquiry to USCIS for her GC being "outside processing time", curiously we recieved a reply yesterday 2/12 @ 3:35am with the following:

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case.  A search of USCIS records indicate the USCIS Immigrant Fee has been received. USCIS processes applications in the order in which they were received. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of entering the United States, or within 90 days after we receive the USCIS Immigrant Fee payment, whichever occurs later.

What You Can Do:  If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

-------------------

They claim all GC are processes in the order they are received, which is a bunch of BS because I follow some Facebook groups about this subject and some people that live in California have received their GC even though they enter the USA at a much later date than my mother in-law.

So the letter does not offer any solutions. To me it looks like a boilerplate letter.

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

1 hour ago, Fr3edom21 said:

That's interesting. 
Same as you.

Thanks for sharing…. I guess sometime like November 2021 they switched to electronic sending then…. I wish we could share more about plastic green card receiving so we could come to solid conclusion about that one as well…. But it seems no one exactly knows what’s going on…. I hope it won’t take like 6 months after the 90 days!!!!

33 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Thanks for sharing…. I guess sometime like November 2021 they switched to electronic sending then…. I wish we could share more about plastic green card receiving so we could come to solid conclusion about that one as well…. But it seems no one exactly knows what’s going on…. I hope it won’t take like 6 months after the 90 days!!!!

Greetings, it seems that there are no roles for duration of the mailing the GC, However I will update the group by any incoming change for my case, I hope the others do the same

Green card fee paid 10/21/21

Poe Jfk 11/16/21

Social security applied  02/10/22

Green card mailed 02/14/22

Green card received 02/16/22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.