Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Agolbaghi said:

That is exactly my question!! I mean, I heard they progress technically as they can recognize from iris! But I don’t know if this is true… I don’t even know if they really need to fingerprint in airport anymore! Just trying to compare with others here! But that might be one thing that potentially goes wrong! 

For me It was the same , I  did my fingerprints during the interview in US embassy when they gave me immigrant visa for entering the USA.
At the airport the officer just checked all the documents from embassy and then he made a photo of me on his camera and that's all... I do not think we need to make another fingerprints.

Pls. Advice

14 hours ago, prowler101 said:

I used this link (outside normal processing time) - https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init

and after that I have such message...
image.thumb.png.28bbdb48d848e854899fc8a6f86eb5ec.png

This is weird. I used the same link and was able to get through. My inquiry date was after 90 days of payment but less than 90 days (82 to be exact) of entry to the US. I sent the e-request on Feb 2, got an update on my account Feb 5 (GC for production) and then Feb 8, my GC was mailed. So now I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

37 minutes ago, linya27 said:

This is weird. I used the same link and was able to get through. My inquiry date was after 90 days of payment but less than 90 days (82 to be exact) of entry to the US. I sent the e-request on Feb 2, got an update on my account Feb 5 (GC for production) and then Feb 8, my GC was mailed. So now I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Please tell what date of "Submitting" do you have on your uscis account / case page?
I mean this info in your account:
Submitted on Month 00, 2021Receipt # IOEXXXXXXX

2 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

For me It was the same , I  did my fingerprints during the interview in US embassy when they gave me immigrant visa for entering the USA.
At the airport the officer just checked all the documents from embassy and then he made a photo of me on his camera and that's all... I do not think we need to make another fingerprints.

Pls. Advice

Thanks yehia… for me the same plus they didn’t check the documents from embassy either  because all documents was electronically already sent to them!!! Basically they just took a picture of my father and welcomed him!! I really don’t know the reason for delay for printing the plastic green card… maybe they are working half staff because of corona?!!!let me know what you think please 

8 hours ago, Agolbaghi said:

Thanks yehia… for me the same plus they didn’t check the documents from embassy either  because all documents was electronically already sent to them!!! Basically they just took a picture of my father and welcomed him!! I really don’t know the reason for delay for printing the plastic green card… maybe they are working half staff because of corona?!!!let me know what you think please 

Please keep calling them(USCIS). As i have the same situation. I had my visa packet with me in POE. And I want it to had over but they said no need as all information in the system. I found out later that i must submit the visa packet in order for my card to be produced. Im still waiting for appointment from them to submit the visa packet in the local USCIS office. If you do have the visa packet then you might require to submit it. 

20 minutes ago, prowler101 said:

Really wierd... I have the exact same date in my account... but I am not able to submit e-request as it still poping up the message that 'case within normal process time'... I guess it's a glitch on their website, and I'm so "lucky" to have it on my case..

The date I put in my request was the date I paid for my greencard. Try that and see if it works.

8 hours ago, prowler101 said:

Really wierd... I have the exact same date in my account... but I am not able to submit e-request as it still poping up the message that 'case within normal process time'... I guess it's a glitch on their website, and I'm so "lucky" to have it on my case..

You may be submitting the wrong request.  Your case is not "outside of normal processing time".  Instead, you "did not receive card by mail".  You need to file the e-request for "Non-Delivery of Card" found here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

2 hours ago, top_secret said:

You may be submitting the wrong request.  Your case is not "outside of normal processing time".  Instead, you "did not receive card by mail".  You need to file the e-request for "Non-Delivery of Card" found here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init

I can definitely try that but... I'm not sure because I thought that "non-delivery of card" is when they mail card to you and this card is lost during the mailing process.
My card is not even in the production process and of course they not even mailed it to me, because the card is not even exist at the moment:) So I'm not sure if this is a correct request... Did you make such type of request when you were still waiting for your card?

11 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

My wife was asked to come in for biometrics even though her case status online it said "Card being produced". After her biometrics appointment, her case changed to "Cased Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS". Wonder why this is happening. Any ideas?

Hmm. That is weird.

How did you get notified?

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

On 2/9/2022 at 9:05 PM, yehia mohamed said:

Pls. Advice

My mother in-law got cross the POE for the first time in Oct 2021. At POE they took her biometrics again even though her case was electronic.
As of today, her Social Security card arrived about 2 weeks after she crossed.  No GC as of today.
Then in Dec 2021, my father in-law crossed for the first time. This time around they did not take his biometrics. My wife asked the officer about it and he said no longer necessary.  His Social Security also arrived about 2 weeks later. As of today no GC in sight.

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

On 2/10/2022 at 10:18 PM, Fr3edom21 said:

My mother in-law got cross the POE for the first time in Oct 2021. At POE they took her biometrics again even though her case was electronic.
As of today, her Social Security card arrived about 2 weeks after she crossed.  No GC as of today.
Then in Dec 2021, my father in-law crossed for the first time. This time around they did not take his biometrics. My wife asked the officer about it and he said no longer necessary.  His Social Security also arrived about 2 weeks later. As of today no GC in sight.

We arrived early January… no biometric on airport… not asking for sealed package either… for ss card I actively made an appointment in local office to apply by their help… we got ss card few days later…. But no plastic GC…. We are less than 50 days from arrival and /or payment…any hope to get it before 90 days?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.