Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Fadymaher said:

Did your husband do his biometrics at the POE?

No, but he did at the interview which was just two weeks before POE. I assumed they could use those biometrics for the GC. I’ve never heard of that being an issue. How long between your interview and POE? Perhaps they couldn’t if it was a longer period of time. 

edit to add:

I am still awaiting a response from USCIS. The agent said I should hear within two weeks. Were you given that information immediately or did they contact you afterward? 

Edited by Reagan & Vish

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

23 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

No, but he did at the interview which was just two weeks before POE. I assumed they could use those biometrics for the GC. I’ve never heard of that being an issue. How long between your interview and POE? Perhaps they couldn’t if it was a longer period of time. 

edit to add:

I am still awaiting a response from USCIS. The agent said I should hear within two weeks. Were you given that information immediately or did they contact you afterward? 

She gave this info immediately 

And it was 4 months between interview and POE

On 6/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, Reagan & Vish said:

Update:

Today marks day 90 and still no case status updates or green card issuance. I contacted USCIS live support, who submitted a referral and issued a reference number. I hope it will not be much longer as we are traveling soon, and I’d hate for the card to arrive and no one be home for a couple weeks. 

I’ve noticed a fairly consistent pattern in this thread that people who pay the fee before POE get their SSN relatively soon, but wait longer for their green card. And vice versa. I surely thought it would be the other way around. Is there any reason for this?

Another update:

I spoke to USCIS again and they said that the processing time is no longer 90 days, but has been bumped to 120. Therefore, no inquiries can be submitted and nothing can be done until after 120 days. I guess we will do this all again in a few more weeks… 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

5 hours ago, Reagan & Vish said:

Another update:

I spoke to USCIS again and they said that the processing time is no longer 90 days, but has been bumped to 120. Therefore, no inquiries can be submitted and nothing can be done until after 120 days. I guess we will do this all again in a few more weeks… 

It seems that every agent has a different reply , I was informed to mail ASC once and another time to wait for 90 days !!!!

Paid immigrant fee : March 16, 2021

POE: JFK New York

Date of entry: April 1, 2021

SSN: not received yet

GC: not received yet.

I’m getting really frustrated because I’d like to be added to my husband’s insurance but I need an SSN for that. Does anyone have tips? 

Also with the GC, it still says payment received on the tracker. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Yennie mc said:

I’m getting really frustrated because I’d like to be added to my husband’s insurance but I need an SSN for that. Does anyone have tips? 

For GC: you have to wait for 120 days. 

I got mine after exact 120 days back in 2019. 

You should have received SSN by now as usually every one receives within 1-2 weeks of arrival. 

Don't worry much, just contact SSN office near by or call them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, M@K12 said:

For GC: you have to wait for 120 days. 

I got mine after exact 120 days back in 2019. 

You should have received SSN by now as usually every one receives within 1-2 weeks of arrival. 

Don't worry much, just contact SSN office near by or call them. 

Hi. Did you get a tracking number for your ssn separately before you received in your mail? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Hi. Did you get a tracking number for your ssn separately before you received in your mail? 

Yes, I got email with tracking number and I received my GC within 2 working days.

1 hour ago, SIRE said:

I did not get any type of tracking or communication before the SSN arrived in the mail; it just turned up one day. I still have not received the green card. 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

Timeline
9 hours ago, M@K12 said:

Yes, I got email with tracking number and I received my GC within 2 working days.

Thanks for your response. Can I ask, if you received a tracking number, was it for GC & SSN or were there two separate tracking numbers?

8 hours ago, Reagan & Vish said:

I did not get any type of tracking or communication before the SSN arrived in the mail; it just turned up one day. I still have not received the green card. 

Thanks for the info. That's a bit strange to not know when it's coming. How long did it take to arrive from the day of POE? 

3 hours ago, SIRE said:

Thanks for your response. Can I ask, if you received a tracking number, was it for GC & SSN or were there two separate tracking numbers?

Thanks for the info. That's a bit strange to not know when it's coming. How long did it take to arrive from the day of POE? 

From memory, I believe it was sometime between 8-10 days. 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 2:42 AM, Yennie mc said:

Per the following below website you can contract SS office if you don't receive until 3 weeks. I am approaching the 3 weeks timeline and haven't rec'd anything so far. I suppose I need SSN to open bank account, get the insurance and apply for driver's license.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/questions.htm?tl=0%2C1%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, new here myself. 

On 6/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, Reagan & Vish said:

Another update:

June 28, 2021: Card being produced.... finally!!! Hopefully not much longer, as we will be traveling for the next few weeks as of next Monday. How long does it typically take to have the card in hand after this notification? 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.