Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

I did all the immigrant visa process for my relative this is the timeline: 

Port of Entry Harvey Louisiana May 8th, 2021

Paid Immigrant Visa May 10th 2021  $220 fee

Social Security Card Arrived May 17th 2021 

Form OS155A approved. Card is being produce May 28th 2021 Should received first week of June. 

20 days after arrival super fast for everything. 

Edited by FeDaniela

4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

I did all the immigrant visa process for my relative this is the timeline: 

Form OS155A approved. Card is being produce May 28th 2021 Should received first week of June. 

20 days after arrival super fast for everything. 

Woow amazing congrats!!

My POE was on April 23rd. Got my SSN but still waiting for GC (status still payment received).

I am just wondering what is Form OS155A? I did not fill such a form on POE!

1 minute ago, MichaelZas said:

Woow amazing congrats!!

My POE was on April 23rd. Got my SSN but still waiting for GC (status still payment received).

I am just wondering what is Form OS155A? I did not fill such a form on POE!

That's the name USCIS Gives (OS155A) to the Immigrant Payment process we do online. This form name appears after the receipt IOE is approved and card is sent to production. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Everyone, I see that most of the cases here are for folks who paid their VISA fee AFTER arrival... I am curious to know of the folks who arrived to the US recently, as in this year 2021, and paid their fees PRIOR (our case) to arrival because I do not know a way to track green card production unless you paid for it upon arrival. Also, I do not know if the SSC is arriving after choosing the option on the DS-260. Thanks in advance for any experience you can share....

1 hour ago, eltemp said:

Hello Everyone, I see that most of the cases here are for folks who paid their VISA fee AFTER arrival... I am curious to know of the folks who arrived to the US recently, as in this year 2021, and paid their fees PRIOR (our case) to arrival because I do not know a way to track green card production unless you paid for it upon arrival. Also, I do not know if the SSC is arriving after choosing the option on the DS-260. Thanks in advance for any experience you can share....

My husband entered on March 24 and his fee was paid March 16. I track the production using the case ID number that was included in the USCIS confirmation email. However, there have been no updates since I paid the fee (status is still “Payment Received”), so I feel perhaps it would have been better if it was paid after arrival.... it seems like it’s produced quicker in those cases. 

His SSC arrived automatically just over a week after his entry. He did check the box on the DS-260 to receive it. Our SSC production was very quick, but still waiting on the green card 73 days after payment ~ 65 days after arrival. 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my husband paid the fee on April 13th, 2021.

I crossed the border at peace bridge from Canada on April 20th.

I got my SSN weeks ago (don't remember what day), but I'm still waiting for my physical green card. Haven't heard anything and keep checking to see if it's been mailed but no luck.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:37 PM, Reagan & Vish said:

CR1 Visa:

VISA ISSUED: March 15, 2021

FEE PAID: March 16, 2021

POE: March 24, 2021 in Atlanta 

CURRENT STATUS: “Payment Received” (as of March 16)

By the looks of it, hopefully not much longer! Congrats everyone on your approvals! 

Update:

Today marks day 90 and still no case status updates or green card issuance. I contacted USCIS live support, who submitted a referral and issued a reference number. I hope it will not be much longer as we are traveling soon, and I’d hate for the card to arrive and no one be home for a couple weeks. 

I’ve noticed a fairly consistent pattern in this thread that people who pay the fee before POE get their SSN relatively soon, but wait longer for their green card. And vice versa. I surely thought it would be the other way around. Is there any reason for this?

event.png

ROC Timeline:

6 hours ago, Reagan & Vish said:

Update:

Today marks day 90 and still no case status updates or green card issuance. I contacted USCIS live support, who submitted a referral and issued a reference number. I hope it will not be much longer as we are traveling soon, and I’d hate for the card to arrive and no one be home for a couple weeks. 

I’ve noticed a fairly consistent pattern in this thread that people who pay the fee before POE get their SSN relatively soon, but wait longer for their green card. And vice versa. I surely thought it would be the other way around. Is there any reason for this?

How did you contact live support , my wife is nearly reaching the 90days mark 

1 hour ago, Fadymaher said:

How did you contact live support , my wife is nearly reaching the 90days mark 

I went on the website and spoke to “Emma,” their virtual automated chat support. There, I asked her to, “speak to live agent,” and she connected me.

The first representative was not helpful, she simply instructed me to call their 1-800 number. It is impossible to speak to a real person on that line, I tried multiple times and the automated system even said, “sorry, I cannot help you,” and hung up lol. So do not even bother with that, and if they suggest it, go back on chat and speak to someone else. 

I went back on and spoke to another very helpful agent, who submitted the inquiry for me and issued an ID number. They said I should receive an email within 14 days. 

Out of curiosity, what was your POE? My husband’s was Atlanta. I wonder if that affects the issuance time, because those from others seem to get their GC much quicker. 

Oh, and when you speak to live support, be sure to space out your numbers otherwise it will be censored and the agent won’t be able to help. Like this: 1 2 3 4 5….. I had this issue with the first agent. Perhaps it is why they couldn’t help. 

Best of luck! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

1 hour ago, Reagan & Vish said:

I went on the website and spoke to “Emma,” their virtual automated chat support. There, I asked her to, “speak to live agent,” and she connected me.

The first representative was not helpful, she simply instructed me to call their 1-800 number. It is impossible to speak to a real person on that line, I tried multiple times and the automated system even said, “sorry, I cannot help you,” and hung up lol. So do not even bother with that, and if they suggest it, go back on chat and speak to someone else. 

I went back on and spoke to another very helpful agent, who submitted the inquiry for me and issued an ID number. They said I should receive an email within 14 days. 

Out of curiosity, what was your POE? My husband’s was Atlanta. I wonder if that affects the issuance time, because those from others seem to get their GC much quicker. 

Oh, and when you speak to live support, be sure to space out your numbers otherwise it will be censored and the agent won’t be able to help. Like this: 1 2 3 4 5….. I had this issue with the first agent. Perhaps it is why they couldn’t help. 

Best of luck! 

Thanks a lot 

her POE was Miami on 24-March .

I received my 2 kids green card 3 weeks ago 

my wife is still showing payment received 

Update:

Card is being produce May 28th 2021 Form OS155A approved.

Green Card on hand June 7, 2021 

29 days from entry 

after nearly 90 days I chatted with Emma (live chat and got the below response ) 
It appears they are needing to take bio-metrics for you to create a green card and are waiting for an open availability within your local ASC office. I'm sorry, it appears that a bio-metrics appointment is not scheduled as of yet

Please continue to wait for an ASC Appointment Notice or you may receive Form I - 7 9 7, Notice of Action from USCIS indicating that your previously collected biometrics may be reused. Please note, we do not have access to their scheduling systems to have an approximate date of when an appointment will be scheduled, for they are a separate department from us. We also cannot expedite cases until bio-metrics are taken from their end. If you would like to inquire of an appointment, I can provide their mailing address for you to write a letter to their main scheduling unit. They do not have an email or phone number unfortunately.

any advise 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.