Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, og78 said:

Our status got updated today. The text is still the same but it has today's date instead of December 11, 2019. Hopefully it means they really started processing the card now.

image.png.fba5b415128f1fb2ea855e029cb31558.png

Hey i remember u said ur case got updated with only date change...for me samething happened today on uscis account but if i go and check the case status page on uscis website...the status is updated there

For urs, do check it over there too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Girl-S said:

Hey i remember u said ur case got updated with only date change...for me samething happened today on uscis account but if i go and check the case status page on uscis website...the status is updated there

For urs, do check it over there too

My status is still the same on both pages: Feb 12 accepted on myaccount.uscis and fee payment received as of Oct 28 on uscis. Waiting. @Girl-S what is your port of entry?

23 minutes ago, og78 said:

My status is still the same on both pages: Feb 12 accepted on myaccount.uscis and fee payment received as of Oct 28 on uscis. Waiting. @Girl-S what is your port of entry?

POE is dallas and whats urs?

my status on egov.uscis.gov is as below

Card Is Being Produced

We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, 

and my status on my.uscis is as below

March 2, 2020

In Process

USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing.

though i thought my.uscis is updated with status....lets see...hope it doesnt get stuck here now

1 hour ago, og78 said:

Mine is NYC, JFK. 

image.png.304bb91950855f2c06ed15634dd53884.png

image.png.d942236cc00d915d2737923102a0f067.png

ok so we can just not say how do they process or start the application....just that I have sent message a couple of times in last two weeks from my uscis account to them asking for update and reason for delay and once they replied me they have raised an inquiry for my case too...so not sure if following or pushing them a lot is helpful but u can try that too....drop them a message from ur uscis account and ask them the cause for delay...may b it can speed up things...

I have to wait n see if my status updates in a week or so or is it stuck....fingers crossed !

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Girl-S said:

ok so we can just not say how do they process or start the application....just that I have sent message a couple of times in last two weeks from my uscis account to them asking for update and reason for delay and once they replied me they have raised an inquiry for my case too...so not sure if following or pushing them a lot is helpful but u can try that too....drop them a message from ur uscis account and ask them the cause for delay...may b it can speed up things...

I have to wait n see if my status updates in a week or so or is it stuck....fingers crossed !

I already tried to contact USCIS on Dec 27 and I received a standard reply that "we should receive our green card within 120 days" and that we should contact them once 120 days have passed. I guess I'm going to give it another try since we are at 105 days already. @Girl-S thanks for your advice!

Edited by og78

I already tried to contact USCIS on Dec 27 and I received a standard reply that "we should receive our green card within 120 days" and that we should contact them once 120 days have passed. I guess I'm going to give it another try since we are at 105 days already. @Girl-S thanks for your advice!

^                           ^                       ^                               ^                                   ^                                    ^                                      ^                                 ^                                  ^                                ^                                      ^                                   ^

Well if you have 105 days already, you are very close to getting your Green Card. Because in these days most of the people are getting their Green Cards near about 120 days. I got mine on Friday after 125 days of POE. Once you are near to 120 days, you will notice the date change once or twice. And then the top message will change from Fee received to  USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing, to Card is being produced and then Card was mailed to you. Once they start working on your file, with in 10 days Card will be in your hands. I saw update on Feb 19, 20 and then the Messages started to change every other day and they mailed my card on Feb 25th  and i received it on the 28th. I think  we have to wait long time for our Green Cards because of backlog. I know It is very frustrating. But try to be positive and gain strength, and confidence  by other peoples experience. Congratulation to all of you who already got their Green Cards and Best of luck to every one who is waiting for their Green Cards!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Et voila.  I hold my green card in my hand.  I feel like the king of the world .  
time to buy the champagne .

Interview at brussels 01/02/2020
passport back 01/07/2020

entry at LAX 01/28/2020
ss card. One week later 
card production 02/21/2020
card mailed 02/25/2020
card arrived 03/02/2020

We are stiiiilll waiting. Our status says "In Process".  POE 12/27/2019 at Miami Intl Airport.  We are still a ways off from their deadline, which is towards April. Man this is so frustrating!

45 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

Hey guys

In the page my uscis.gov, it jus says "in process". Is there some other place that we can go look at to check the status? 

I havent even received my SS yet, I entered on the 19th of Feb. Should I be doing something about it?

u can check here too - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus..in my case on this page it shows card is in production whereas on my uscis it shows in process...

Timeline
On 3/2/2020 at 3:29 PM, og78 said:

I already tried to contact USCIS on Dec 27 and I received a standard reply that "we should receive our green card within 120 days" and that we should contact them once 120 days have passed. I guess I'm going to give it another try since we are at 105 days already. @Girl-S thanks for your advice!

I contacted USCIS 2 days ago and just got the same response:

"You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 120 days of your entry into the United States or within 120 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee is received (whichever occurred later). If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within this time-frame, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center."

The status on my.uscis.gov and at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do is still the same. I guess we'll keep waiting, 2 more weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.