Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,158 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Today marks 121 days since my husband entered the US. Guess it's time to call USCIS...

:( seriously its so frustrating..all they have to do is print and send the green card...i wonder how much effort and time that takes !!!

I have plans to travel kept on hold just bec green card is not in my hand...

I am also waiting and its been more than 60days...POE is 12Dec2019

Pls keep us posted about ur GC status 

2 hours ago, brendaaa said:

Anyone received their SSN lately? how long did it take? my 2 friends received theirs in 5 days but not me...

for SS its better to go to their office and get the application done...once u do that it takes 4-5days to receive....if u dont do that and keep waiting it takes longer...and then not sure when will u receive...i waited for 20days after i arrived and then one of my friend advised me to go to office and get it done...i went office and applied and got it within 3days..

53 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Today marks 121 days since my husband entered the US. Guess it's time to call USCIS...

just realised...for u...its been 121 days u should call them and raise a complaint

Edited by Girl-S
wrong quoted

Timeline
5 hours ago, Girl-S said:

for SS its better to go to their office and get the application done...once u do that it takes 4-5days to receive....if u dont do that and keep waiting it takes longer...and then not sure when will u receive...i waited for 20days after i arrived and then one of my friend advised me to go to office and get it done...i went office and applied and got it within 3days..

My husband's social security card arrived in about 10 business days after his arrival. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Girl-S said:

just realised...for u...its been 121 days u should call them and raise a complaint

My husband called USCIS today. Turns out they NEVER PROCESSED his AR-11 that he did right after moving here (Oct 30th) stating our new address. However, that should mean the card was sent to the previously listed address (my parents' house), but no it just hasn't been sent yet. They told him within 30 days we will know when he's getting his green card. Hopefully they will just mail it to us within 30 days or I'm contacting my Senator. 

Edited by gonzolux

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, gonzolux said:

My husband's social security card arrived in about 10 business days after his arrival. 

In our case we went to SSA a couple of days after arrival. They told us to wait 10 business days before applying at the office, otherwise 2 different SSNs may be issued. We waited 2 months before we came back and applied at the office. We got the SSN card in under a week.

9 hours ago, og78 said:

In our case we went to SSA a couple of days after arrival. They told us to wait 10 business days before applying at the office, otherwise 2 different SSNs may be issued. We waited 2 months before we came back and applied at the office. We got the SSN card in under a week.

Ur wifes POE was 19nov if i m not wrong...any update on GC?

On 2/24/2020 at 5:15 PM, og78 said:

I guess we both are going to wait till the 120 mark for anything to happen. 

I just sent them a message since it's already been 100+ days. So hopefully that will trigger some movement. I have since moved, and changed the address using the AR-11 and the profile on myUSCIS. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.