LaL

i got right screwed

43 posts in this topic

sooo I bought this home 7 years ago. I have always been diligent about pest control and termite inspections due to it being a frame home. Every year I would make a point to call early to ensure renewal of my termite inspection. This year my company started acting wacky... seemed to sell to a larger company, then backed out, solicited for a pest control contract (i do per diem) ...then called me 2 months early for my renewal (i declined, requested at renewal time only). my renewal came around (1st week of March) and I called them... phone disconnected, website down. well that answers the questions i had!

sooooo onto finding a new company. Today i find out i DO have live termites upon inspection. i am pissed. I payed the feckers for 7 years. Each inspection came back - whaddayaknow - all clear!

discounted rate at $994.00 for treatment.

/end rant.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
sooo I bought this home 7 years ago. I have always been diligent about pest control and termite inspections due to it being a frame home. Every year I would make a point to call early to ensure renewal of my termite inspection. This year my company started acting wacky... seemed to sell to a larger company, then backed out, solicited for a pest control contract (i do per diem) ...then called me 2 months early for my renewal (i declined, requested at renewal time only). my renewal came around (1st week of March) and I called them... phone disconnected, website down. well that answers the questions i had!

sooooo onto finding a new company. Today i find out i DO have live termites upon inspection. i am pissed. I payed the feckers for 7 years. Each inspection came back - whaddayaknow - all clear!

discounted rate at $994.00 for treatment.

/end rant.

sounds like you got a possible lawsuit.

i have termite bait stations around the house, you can get them at home depot and so on. runs about $60 for 20 of them, they are good up to 9 months.

next question - do you have subterranean or formosa?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
subterranean. how could I have a lawsuit against a company that has disappeared?

at least they are not formosa. those are some bad buggers

the company may have disappeared, but the owners are still around, maybe the chamber of commerce can tell you who owned the company.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
subterranean. how could I have a lawsuit against a company that has disappeared?

I will start off by saying that I am not a lawyer!! I suggest you contact an actual attorney for advice.

Your would likely file your complaint in small claims court and it is probably not worth the expense of actually hiring an attorney. The company may have had insurance. That would be one way to get a recovery. You would start out by checking with the local department of commerce to find the actual name of the company and who the registered agent is. You sue the company, but serve the summons on the registered agent for the company. If they had insurnace, the insurance would likely pay for any judgment you get.

I don't know what the actual laws are where you live - that's why I suggest you contact an attorney for some advice.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In our area (thru the tv news station) there is a show In Your Corner, takes care of things like this for people, builders that skip out, jewelry stores closing haveing people rings, photographers never getting the pictures to the people after a weding, etc etc., report and check thru the Better Business there. They may have just taken another name.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline

I dunno what you can do about the co, cos at the end of the day, unless you had a termite bond, I don't think the co can be held responsible cos how can u prove when the termites got there?

re: the new company...enquire about bond prices. they will then treat for free should any more infestation occur. i'm oversimplifying here cos there are diff bonds avail, but check them out.

good luck

In our area (thru the tv news station) there is a show In Your Corner, takes care of things like this for people, builders that skip out, jewelry stores closing haveing people rings, photographers never getting the pictures to the people after a weding, etc etc., report and check thru the Better Business there. They may have just taken another name.

hehe yeah we have 8 on your side - thanks for the suggestion!

I dunno what you can do about the co, cos at the end of the day, unless you had a termite bond, I don't think the co can be held responsible cos how can u prove when the termites got there?

re: the new company...enquire about bond prices. they will then treat for free should any more infestation occur. i'm oversimplifying here cos there are diff bonds avail, but check them out.

good luck

what happens if this occurred within the renewal dates? i mean i renewed with them EVERY year for 7 years! what in 7 inspections they didnt find anything? so even that aside i am still in the renewal period... so hopefully there is hope for me. i did locate an obscure number on one of the contracts (out of my area) and called - they DID identify themselves as my company soooo thats good news!

i did read over my contract and i dont see any provisions that i violated to make it null. so again - here's hoping.

i was REALLY hoping to begin demolition on our master bath this May while hubby is back in Cairo. If we cannot get this resolved that would eat 1K out of the budget. would be a no-go, but this is so much more important to take care of.

You know those idiots didn't do a proper inspection all along. That's why I change my own oil in my car.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

You know those idiots didn't do a proper inspection all along. That's why I change my own oil in my car.

absolutely and I even had thought about bringing in a second company just to be sure and to check their work. too bad i wasn't proactive enough.

Filed: Timeline

good luck

what happens if this occurred within the renewal dates? i mean i renewed with them EVERY year for 7 years! what in 7 inspections they didnt find anything? so even that aside i am still in the renewal period... so hopefully there is hope for me. i did locate an obscure number on one of the contracts (out of my area) and called - they DID identify themselves as my company soooo thats good news!

i did read over my contract and i dont see any provisions that i violated to make it null. so again - here's hoping.

i was REALLY hoping to begin demolition on our master bath this May while hubby is back in Cairo. If we cannot get this resolved that would eat 1K out of the budget. would be a no-go, but this is so much more important to take care of.

did you have a treatment bond with your original company or did you just get treated every year?

did you have a treatment bond with your original company or did you just get treated every year?

if a tx bond is the guarantee they will repair any subsequent damage while in the year during a policy, then yes. i don't see specific verbiage stating tx bond though.

i am glad it was caught before we had a real mess, it looks like these are semi-beginning infestation. maybe i should thank them for going out of business. :P