Tien Tran

I am worry about my case, but i can't do it better. Are there any one same mine and appoved at first interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All.

I am a Vietnamese. My husband is living in US. He is Vietmanese too.

We knew each other by my uncle and his Mom wanted that.

After 1 year and 7 months chatting via skype, he got married last year.

Our wedding happened as traditional wedding VN. He still have many related people living in VN, especially his Grandma, over 80 years.

So we got married at his visit VN after 20 left here (at he was 9 years old).

After married, we made process, and my case was completed in May 13rd 2016. I am waiting interview date.

The things i am worry are:

- Before married, we only chatted by skype, only chatting.

- we got married at first meet.

- His Mom is the one gave the proposal of married to me, becuase he was shy.

- he couldnt return again after married and maybe wont return, his job and his burget dont allow him. He is saving for all my fees. He is not rich, but enough to sponsore me.

- My evidences there are not much.

Are there any one same my case but got throught your interview at first time?

We are real relationship, of couse.

So, please share or help me if you know.

Have a nice day, all

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Vietnam regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

We did K1 instead. So Im not familiar w/ IR1 but my wife and I got engaged during after a few days after first meeting (physically)

She came 6 mos later and we got married 2 days later.

I think the Skype evidence of tenure (1y 7mos) will be of more value than typically then that you had a long communication channel.

Do you have money transfers and other things aside from Skype for physical evidence?

As long as you are prompt and have answers think interview should be ok if you guys are legit. the IOs are pretty good at sorting it out.

Unfortunately from the limited info you provided, its not hard for people scamming to do have provide what you have.

A single trip, ceremony...etc. I get it going to VN is not easy / cheap / fast....but after 2 yrs is there more than just Skype and how have you documented the skype converstaions?

Money transfers?

Receipts for jewelry ceremony?

pictures?

Timeline

Yep, the list of evideces i have few per kind, not a lot. We have all what you listed.

But i dont have any creenshots every time two family talked about our wedding and Tet holiday. I was so stress to pay attention to do that.

We didnt call phone, becuase both of us use internet well, available all time. Is it good?

Money transfer between us, just three time from begin up to now, just at three special reasons like Tet..., not monthly. Becuase i can live well here.

His Mom had sent me all bills that she bought all jewelries, rings for me here.

Some picture he lived at my home almost days he stayed. And his 28 birthday was hold at my home. It is just a warm small at my family, my nieces. They were very fun.

We stayed three days at a hotel, but we didnt take any picture at that hotel, just a bill. And we went around that and took pictures like visitting the zoo, walking, coffee shop. Is it ok?

I get trouble that my husband dont talk much all thing around his life. And even i ask, he dont know, so i cant know too. Example he dont say about his friends, his family members, his related people.

Sometime i was upset with him about that.

He didnt make a timeline to apply to USCIS or NVC, is it a problem?

So is it good if i will answer the questions interview that " i dont know becuase my husband dont know too"?

Thank for any help.

Have a nice day all.

Timeline

We chat a lot so skype evidence i coppy and past into word, there are about 350 A4 page just before married.

After married, we use messenger to chat, i save as pdf file to keep all sticker during chat. There are you round over 1000 page.

It is trouble to show all them right? Any idea to show that document effectively. Please help me.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

There are definitely some red flags, but 2 years of Skype logs will help. I would suggest that you and your husband get to know each other much better. If they have a doubt then they may grille you on him and especially everything he submitted. He should also attend the interview and they may interview him too, which can help you get approved, if you both know each other very well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did you have a traditional engagement ceremony before the wedding? The US embassy in Vietnam seems big on that.

Ultimately, there is nothing you can do now to improve your chances, other than him visiting again.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well arranged marriages not so uncommon so I doubt it will surprise the embassy staff.

Do you both speak Vietnamese and English together? My wife overheard some train wreck interviews when she was waiting on her interview.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Timeline

Yup, we had engage before wedding party.

My husband just don't mind much other things around him, just that problems.

We use English to chat from begin to now.

We weren't gotten married by arrange or any other aims.

Any way, I will try my best, because that is real fact i have to face.

Pray God, and thanks all' s idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You could be in for a difficult interview. We did the K-1 and I (US citizen) went to the interview in HCMC. Our interview was intense, but fair. They asked a lot of questions concerning how well we knew each other, where we have traveled, what we are going to do in the USA, etc? They asked my fiancee a lot of questions about me - where I work, family, etc. I don't think they even looked at our extensive Skype, chat, phone, and email logs. They looked at our photos and asked a lot of questions about them (who is in the photo? Where was this photo taken? When? etc.). You need to know a lot about your husband, his family, interests, where he lives, etc.

I am very familiar with Vietnam and Vietnamese customs. Contrary to what some people say on this site, the U.S. Consulate officers are not sympathetic to the Vietnamese way of doing things. It is U.S. law and policy that is enforced, according to U.S. immigration standards. And Vietnam is a high-fraud country. The bar is set high and I don't know if you'll clear it or not. Good luck!

Timeline

After reading all reply, I realized that I was worry to much about that.

All about question you list above, I knew them before married already.

I think the truth with be fair. And let see then. Nothing wrong here to let someone thought about my case as a business. Pls don't down my case.

Everything can happen, just we are able to see or not.

I think my topic can be stopped now. I know what I will do now.

Thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.