14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello Guys, I know it's been a long time seen I've been in VJ, but i would not be where I am if it wasn't for all of your help.

Now i have good news and few questions. The good new is my wife is pegnant now and it's really exiting. and the questions are:

What do you think we can do to have someone from Haiti come and help us with the baby?what can we do?

any tip will be helpfull.

Do you know if they ask for DNA test, if a USC apply for a brother or a sister?

Does anyone know about a certain Nanny Visa or work visa that we can apply for someone from Haiti to come and help us?

Anything you can think of an suggest guys, will work.

and the reason is that my wife is the USC and now I am a legal permanent resident we live in Albany by ourselves and we really need help with the baby that we will have. the baby due date is September.

Guys again anything that can help us bring a family member in the US to help us will be great.

than you so much in advance guys VJ is the only ressource for help ithat i can think of.

Clarrou, can't wait to get your suggestion and answers.

Clarens, P-a-P Haiti - Geraldine, Albany NY

09/13/04 : ------------------- I-129F sent to VSC @ 3:49 PM

09/15/04 : ------------------- Reveiced at VSC @ 2:00 PM

09/22/04 : ------------------- NOA1

09/29/04 : ------------------- NOA2 on line

10/04/04 : ------------------- NOA2 in mail

10/09/04 : ------------------- Received mail from NVC with case#

11/08/04 : -------------------- Received packet 3 from consulate

11/15/04 : -------------------- Packet 3 sent back to Consulat

12/22/04 : -------------------- Interview Consulat, Visa in hands same day

12/23/04 : -------------------- Arrived in USA, JFK, EAD stamp issue

01/07/05 : -------------------- App. for SS card

01/14/05 : -------------------- SSC Arrived in the mail

01/26/05 : -------------------- first job

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Au Pair's have to go through authorized agencies, I doubt you could specify which country they come from, may well be discriminatory. And logic suggests that the number from Haiti would be very small.

A google should find one that works in your area.

There is no work visa for a nanny.

I have never employed domestic help, I would start asking around friends and family if they can recommend anyone. I get the impression that most people who do this sort of work are here illegally.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sak pase

Your best bet if your parents are around, Both of you can make a tourist visa request, but even with that it's not guarantee and also should leave out she's coming down to take care of the baby, mostly sentimental stuff, coming to see you, visiting different places in the us. Good luck bro

Gone but not Forgotten!

Congratulations on the baby..(or coming baby)..

I cant answer you..but just read another post with some links that might be able to help...They are for Dominican Rep. (I know it's not the same) but there may be some there that will have knowledge that can help.

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com

http://forums.dominicanstotheusa.com

Timeline

I looked at a couple of threads on that site, if that is the standard of knowledge, dangerous, very dangerous.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I looked at a couple of threads on that site, if that is the standard of knowledge, dangerous, very dangerous.

Oh..that's not good... OP(Clarrou) you might want to disregard then..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF Y'ALL

I can't really answer you regarding the Nany thing cause I'm still in the process myself. But one thing I know for sure I'll definetly be there in September.... Congrats once more. :thumbs:

Giowizzy.

K1 process

1-25-07 :I-129F package sent

1-29-07 : I-129F package received

2-02-07 : NOA1 received in snailmail

2-16-07 : NOA2 Approved (online)

2-19-07 : touched

2-23-07 : NOA2 received in snailmail

3-1-07 : NVC Case number given in snailmail

4-19-07 : Received packet 3 from consulate

4-26-07 : Packet 3 sent back to consulate

5-16-07 : Medical appointment done

5-30-07 : Received packet 4 from consulate

7-18-07 : Medical exam to be re-done (was incomplete)

8-29-07 : Interview Appointment = Co-Support requested :'(

9-04-07 : Co-Support sent to Haiti

9-10-07 : wrong form was sent (consulate admited their mistake)

9-11-07 : sent correct form

9-13-07 : Visa approved

9-20-07 : pick-up visa with passport - Visa received

9-24-07 : Arrived to New York City

10-01-07: Apply for Social Security

10-09-07: Received SSN in snailmail

AOS process

11-02-07: Got Marriage licence

11-12-07: Got married

12-08-07: I-485, EAD (renewal) sent

12-17-07: NOA1 for both

12-31-07: RFE (forgot to send my W2 only)

1-05-08 : Biometric appointment

1-30-08 : AOS Interview setup for March in snailmail

1-31-08 : AOS Interview canceled in snailmail

2-19-08 : EAD (renewal) card in hand

4-23-08 : RFE sent

5-18-08 : RESIDENCE CARD ARRIVED w/o an interview

I-751 process

2-09-10 : Package sent

3-08-10 : They have extended Green Card for an extra year in snailmail

3-23-10 : Biometric appointment

4-29-10 : New RESIDENCE CARD ARRIVED (valid 10 years) w/o interview

Timeline

Just exactly what was implied by this remark???

You are an expert in Dominican immigration because???? Oh I see you brought someone from a first world country. That must mean you are an expert on third world country immigration.

I don't believe you read anything over there or you might know we are the ONLY source of reliable information for immigration in that region. Reading off-topic does not count either.

The process in the DR is unlike any other process in the world. There is currently a waiting list for interviews with 28,000 cases on it and the wait is 18-24 months. We have plenty of time to research these things.

To the OP, if you want to come over and ask your question, someone my indeed be able to help you.

I have no knowledge of Dominican Immigration, I have a bit about US Immigration.

I can not be bothered to go back and look but there was a two page thread about Visitors Visa, and no understanding that a 10 Year Visa did not mean you can stay here for 10 years.

For example.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Clarrou

Always remit yourself to the official source on immigration affairs for your country which is the US Embassy in Port Au Prince.

http://portauprince.usembassy.gov/visa_services.html

About a nanny visa, I seriously doubt that is possible to get. About the petition for a USC brother/sister, by the time that would be granted (if requirements fulfilled) your baby would have age to go to school.

If the parents are willing to help, they would have more chances to get a tourist visa, again, if requirements (in this case, financial as to support themselves while here) fulfilled. As far as I know, to get a tourist visa you dont use an Affidavit of support from american citizens (maybe thats how it worked long time ago, not anymore). This last information was provided to some relatives when they applied for a tourist visa 2 months ago. Again, read the requirements for your own country in the above link.

If what you want is to have a connational watching your baby, you can contact Haitian Associations in your area. Why not contacting the Haitian Student Association in Albany (to say one) http://www.albany.edu/~hsa/ , I bet there you can find a student who wants to get some extra money to pay the bills. Just thinking aloud, thats what I would do if no relatives could be around me and I was in your case.

About dominicanstotheusa.com it is a young group with a common nationality for the immigrants. As I read them daily, I can tell you they are well intentioned. As the young group they are, they are still learning trough their own experiences. I bet when VJ was starting the knowledge we are proud of now was not available yet. Give them time.

Clarrou, congratulations for being "pregnant" and best luck!

Jess

Entered US in Dec 20th 2006, K1 visa

Feb 24th 2007, Married

Conditional Resident since May 30th 2007

ROC 2009

Apr 10th, package sent to CSC

Apr 13th, package received (Day 3)

Apr 13th, NOA1 date (Day 3)

Apr 21st, Chech cashed (Day 11)

Apr 24th, NOA1 received in mail (Day 14)

May 15th, First Biometrics letter in mail (Day 35)

May 16th, Requested reschedule (Day 36)

Jun 5th, Second Biometrics letter in mail (Day 56)

Jun 15th, Biometrics (Day 66)

Jun 24th, Decision of Removal of Conditions: Approved!! (Day 75)

Jun 27th, Notice of Removal of Conditions and card production ordered via not so snail mail !YAY! (Day 78)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Please help!!! My father is 80 years old and now in China alone. I am waiting for my case number in NVC - It was sent by USCIS ten days ago. I am trying to find out if I should get him the B-2 visa to come here then we will file I-485 AOS or just continue dealing with NVC and the overseas consulate processing later. Our problem is that he just came home from congestive heart failure after 3-weeks of hospital stay. He is also a long term diabetic with hypertension and walks with a walker. Will the Consulate reject his visa due to his health condition? My tax returns shows 65k to 7ok income. Any advice on this is greately appreciated. Susan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Your father can not come to the US to live until you are a citizen.... as your staus says you have adjustment pending you are looking at about 4 years or more until you could file for him to come here to live....

Kez

Hi: Thanks for reply. I have been a citizen since 81. I put AOS there because my father could do AOS to become a PR if he comes here with B-2. I would rather he gets GC as soon as he comes here because of his health. Can the Consulate reject my father's visa due to the fact he has to walk with a walker and having heart disease and have diabedis. None of my siblings in Taiwan is financially able to take care of him so he lives alone. It is very sad. I want him here so I can take care of him. At least I can make sure that he eats properly and takes proper medications everyday. Can anyone give me some information here regarding to the rejection of Immi. Visa based on elderly's health?

Timeline
Your father can not come to the US to live until you are a citizen.... as your staus says you have adjustment pending you are looking at about 4 years or more until you could file for him to come here to live....

Kez

Hi: Thanks for reply. I have been a citizen since 81. I put AOS there because my father could do AOS to become a PR if he comes here with B-2. I would rather he gets GC as soon as he comes here because of his health. Can the Consulate reject my father's visa due to the fact he has to walk with a walker and having heart disease and have diabedis. None of my siblings in Taiwan is financially able to take care of him so he lives alone. It is very sad. I want him here so I can take care of him. At least I can make sure that he eats properly and takes proper medications everyday. Can anyone give me some information here regarding to the rejection of Immi. Visa based on elderly's health?

If you are thinking he can access Medicare with a GC you would be wrong.

Unless you are extremely wealthy, how would you deal with the Medical bills a 80 year old will incur, especially one in bad health?

The B2 question has been answered, I have no knowledge of the medical services he can access in Taiwan but it seems unlikely they will be worse than the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.