Sousuke

Cornyn / Feinstein in talks over compromise of Terror List

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Abbas says the number of innocent people on the list, like Mohamed, is probably extremely high because the Terrorist Screening Center, the agency responsible for determining who is on the Terrorist Watchlist, accepts 98.96 percent of all nominations to the list.

Abbas told MintPress he asked the TSC what made them reject 1.04 percent of the nominations from federal agencies, but the agency was unable to answer the question. According to the attorney, the TSC told him the electronic form agents fill out when nominating a person for inclusion on the list includes a text box where agents are required to give a reason for the rejection. But Abbas said he was told that the reason given in the text box may not actually be the real reason for a person’s exclusion from the list.

Of those included on the watch list, many are actually not suspected of being known terrorists, but are known as “non-investigative subjects.” In other words, the federal government is, as Abbas says, “literally putting people they decided not to investigate on the federal government watch list” — a matter Abbas said all American should find disconcerting because it’s proof that the “government is playing games with folks.”

http://www.mintpressnews.com/startling-number-of-americans-are-on-terrorist-watchlist/194356/

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

People have been put on the list from simple mistaken identity and the trouble they have had to get themselves off of it is ridiculous.. some have never gotten the matter resolved. http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/no-fly-mistakes-cat-stevens-ted-kennedy-john-lewis/

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are saying that they must appeal a list that has taken away a protected right....well you get where this is going right? Its a violation of the 6th amendment.

And yes, the fly list is not accurate. Were you alive during McCarthyism? In someways this list is similar because people HAVE been put on the list due to political views that endanger no one.

Its a violation of the 6th amendment:

How does it violate the 6th amendment? That is about your rights as a criminal defendant. We are not talking about crime or the allegations of crime.

Were you alive during McCarthyism?

Thank god no, do I look that old?

"McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism. "

Could the no fly list be an unfair investigative technique to stiffle folks voices? We I guess it might, but really do you see that happening? There are errors in the process of creating any list, but this list is not accusing you of a crime like treason. If due process is created around the specific list that is used to restrict access to a gun purchase, what further objection would one have?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have to admit Philosophy is not my strong suit. I'll try to wrap my head around it.

Philosophy is bad for your health. Sartre loved American cowboy movies and boxing. That says it all Edited by Jacque67

The list, to a large degree presumes that anyone that is on it is somehow an imminent threat to national security and society, and thus not allowed to enter. It might not say you are being accused of treason, but you may as well already be. So in a way it presumes guilt and gives little recourse for the accused to clear their name. You're going to have a hard time convincing people to trust their government enough to be reasonable in not abusing such a list.. and I suspect that's what the actual fear of some is. The fact is we don't really know why some people are on here in the first place. In a perfect world we'd like to think everyone on that list(s) are guilty and horrible persons and on there for a very good reason. In a perfect world reasonable people would say of course it's a no brainer any person like that should not have the ability to obtain a firearm. But we don't live in one.. The fact is most persons committing these acts aren't on such a list to begin with, may have been looked at by the FBI but found to be 'ok', or are flying completely under the radar.

The process in which we are putting people onto this list and the process by which a person can prove themselves innocent (and it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in court) needs to be addressed.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Timeline

OOh, the donald's spokesman is mad at him!

Former spokesman. There's a reason for that. Believe me.

If you are saying that they must appeal a list that has taken away a protected right....well you get where this is going right? Its a violation of the 6th amendment.

And yes, the fly list is not accurate. Were you alive during McCarthyism? In someways this list is similar because people HAVE been put on the list due to political views that endanger no one.

You will long for the days of McCarthyism when the days of Trumpism are finally here. Believe me.