AUBGER

Topic reposted

9 posts in this topic

Ok guys. Here is the situation. I'm going through VCS and I have my case pending since Feb. 13th. It was last touched on Feb. 22nd. I don't know if I will be asked for an RFE or not but I applied for the case to be processed at the Bulgarian Consulate in Sofia. I'm an International Student here and a graduating senior, therefore I have an expiration date of my visa as being May 30th 2007. Now I really don't know what to do. If it's going to take forever to get an NOA2, should I change to the Romanian Consulate (it's the closest one to Moldova). Or maybe I should just wait and still hope for Bulgaria. Or should I wait 'till it gets to Bulgaria and have them transfer the information to Romania? and if i do, how do I provide the new consulate with a new adress and phone number and all that?

I want to cry. Seriously sad.gif

Removal of conditions...

Ok guys. Here is the situation. I'm going through VCS and I have my case pending since Feb. 13th. It was last touched on Feb. 22nd. I don't know if I will be asked for an RFE or not but I applied for the case to be processed at the Bulgarian Consulate in Sofia. I'm an International Student here and a graduating senior, therefore I have an expiration date of my visa as being May 30th 2007. Now I really don't know what to do. If it's going to take forever to get an NOA2, should I change to the Romanian Consulate (it's the closest one to Moldova). Or maybe I should just wait and still hope for Bulgaria. Or should I wait 'till it gets to Bulgaria and have them transfer the information to Romania? and if i do, how do I provide the new consulate with a new adress and phone number and all that?

Just a quick thought, did you know him before you came in as a student? If not and you didn't come here with the intention to marry, I think you could if you wanted get married right here before your Visa expires and stay in the U.S.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Elena! Relax! Take a deep breath! Exhale! I'm sure there is a solution to the what you're asking. Where are you going to after May 30th? I believe at the USCIS website, you make the change of address through their website. I'm looking now about if changing consulates is done the same way. It can't be difficult. I'll look a little more. Hopefully, someone will come along and provide more information for you. Don't freak out on us! ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Just a quick thought, did you know him before you came in as a student? If not and you didn't come here with the intention to marry, I think you could if you wanted get married right here before your Visa expires and stay in the U.S.

Mmmm...I think i wasnt too clear. I'm not in the US right now. I'm in Bulgaria finishing college and the Bulgarian visa is the one that's expiring and the consulate i applied for to process the visa is in Bulgaria :(

Removal of conditions...

Hi Elena! Relax! Take a deep breath! Exhale! I'm sure there is a solution to the what you're asking. Where are you going to after May 30th? I believe at the USCIS website, you make the change of address through their website. I'm looking now about if changing consulates is done the same way. It can't be difficult. I'll look a little more. Hopefully, someone will come along and provide more information for you. Don't freak out on us! ;)

Thank you Joe!!!

I think what i'm gonna do is wait 'till friday and see if I hear anything or not and then ask Mikey to call our lawyer and talk to him about this problem. From what I know he mentioned to mikey before that u can somehow change consulates...I'm just no too sure how. He probably knows :)

Thank you for the support though :) If this is gonna continue like this I'm gonna proclain u and Vita my VJ heroes ;)

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you Joe!!!

I think what i'm gonna do is wait 'till friday and see if I hear anything or not and then ask Mikey to call our lawyer and talk to him about this problem. From what I know he mentioned to mikey before that u can somehow change consulates...I'm just no too sure how. He probably knows :)

Thank you for the support though :) If this is gonna continue like this I'm gonna proclain u and Vita my VJ heroes ;)

Just relax a bit, pleeeease? :)

Sofia will not accept your case if they follow the guidelines of other Consulates. They will require that you have evidence of permission to remain in Bulgaria for 6+ moonths forward. You do not have that.

Your petition will default to your home country; you can make this correction when your case is headed toward the NVC--they are the ones in charge of sending the case to the Embassy.

As you are working with a lawyer, be sure to call this to her attention and ask her to take the appropriate steps.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thank you Joe!!!

Just relax a bit, pleeeease? :)

Sofia will not accept your case if they follow the guidelines of other Consulates. They will require that you have evidence of permission to remain in Bulgaria for 6+ moonths forward. You do not have that.

Your petition will default to your home country; you can make this correction when your case is headed toward the NVC--they are the ones in charge of sending the case to the Embassy.

As you are working with a lawyer, be sure to call this to her attention and ask her to take the appropriate steps.

:))))))))))) Yeah I guess I have that freaking out ability. Thank you for calming me down. Phewwwww...You have no idea how relieved i feel right now. So if my home country does not issue fiance visas but forward it to Romanian i will just have to deal with the Romanian consulate. If i'm in Bulgaria for 2 more months can I have the romanian consulate send packages to me in Bulgaria or it HAS to be my home country? (Moldova). And if they can is there a problem for me to change the adress by contacting the consulate since i'm gonna move sometimes in May?

Thank you so so so so much!!!!

Elena

Removal of conditions...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
this post has been moved from the K-1 discussion group

What on earth are you posting?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.