onofre

Question on I-134 Affadavit of Support #7

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Question number 7 regarding how much annual income a person makes.

I've read that the person needs to make 125% more than the poverty level. (about $24,000-25,000) I've only had a part-time job and this past year I made almost $19,000. :blink: But I've been going to school full-time since 2003 and just graduated :thumbs: .

Will that affect me since I didnt make the standards that the want or can I put a supporting income from other family members that live in the same household?

Any suggestions? I have not send the I-129F petition due to gathering information.

12913.gif

ONOFRE

15262.gif

MARIA

----------------------------

3/26/07 I-129F Mailed to Nebraska Service Center

3/30/07 I-129F Fowared and recived in California SC.

4/03/07 First NOA mailed...(good start)

4/04/07 $170.00 check cashed :-(

4/05/07 Touched

6/21/07 DAMIT, TOUCH ME, SLAP ME, DO SOMETHING (DAY 82!)

6/27/07 Approved!!!!!!! (email of NOA2) Not even a touch?? Who cares now!

6/29/07 "Touched" hmmm...

7/15/07 Fiancee packet arrives (gathering documents for the trip)

10/16/07 Flight to El Paso, TX and on to Juarez for interview!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/07 VISA IN HAND!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!

01/13/08 Point of entry for my fiancee

02/02/08 Married at City Hall

02/09/09 AOS package send Express Mail

02/10/09 AOS package received and signed.

02/17/09 NOA reciepts

02/23/09 NOA about March 3, 2009 Biometrics

02/28/09 FRE!!!! :(

03/06/09 Biometrics completed

03/30/09 Responded to RFE next day air to Lee's Summit, MO.

04/25/09 AP and EAD card arrives

07/10/09 Interview letter arrives for 8/19/09

08/09/09 AP letter used to re-enter the U.S.

08/19/09 Interview completed. Results in two weeks. ( I think we got it)

08/24/09 Letter in the mail stating Interview Approved. Welcome to the United States!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You can find a sponsor to fill out that form who meets the criteria. You don't necessary, yourself, have to fill it out since you don't qualify as a sponsor. You may submit more than one I-134 if you like. However, all they need is one.

You will be mailed I-134 later during the process. Do not worry about it for now.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/AffSuppAFM062706.pdf

Try this site, it makes for a good read.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Get that I-129F in the mail! The I-134 come MUCH later in the process. So long as you are sure you can find a co-sponsor if one is needed, there is no use in holding up your process for something that isn't even required right now.

There is good information there - but bear in mind the I-864 and I-134 are NOT the same form! (Just so the OP doesn't get confused).

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yup, I realized I sent the wrong one . Sorry OP, disregard.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

125% of poverty line is 16,500 for a single person sponsoring 1 immigrant 18,975 in Hawaii, and 20,625 in Alaska.

The income amount you indicate is enough if you live in the lower 48.

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

The I-134 is needed at the Visa interview, much later in the process.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
Get that I-129F in the mail! The I-134 come MUCH later in the process. So long as you are sure you can find a co-sponsor if one is needed, there is no use in holding up your process for something that isn't even required right now.

There is good information there - but bear in mind the I-864 and I-134 are NOT the same form! (Just so the OP doesn't get confused).

So what IS the difference between the I-134 & I-864? I can't quite figure it out.

We're filing a K-1 in Jordan and the embassy there said to bring the affidavit of support to the interview and that all forms are on it's website. The website had a link for the I-864, so that's the one I filled out and sent to my fiance in Amman. I thought that the proper form would be sent to me when the time came, but my fiance never received 'packet 3' either. Our interview is on May 2nd. Do I need to send him the other form?

Filed: Other Timeline

Firstly.....let me say I don't think it's bad AT ALL that the OP has delayed sending his I129F out until he had a grip on what's ahead of him further down the road.

That being said - financial evidence for sponsorship ISN'T required as this phase of the process. If you are comfortable you will be able to meet that criteria, you can file now and start gathering your financial evidence while the petition is in process.

You will need to meet certain criteria as your SO's sponsor at their interview state. Most consulates use the I134. There is no specific form DOS asks them to use. It is strictly up to each consulate. One or two don't even use it. Sooooooo......read up on what is required for your consulate.

A basic working knowledge of the I134 is in order. THERE IS NO MENTION IN THE I134 OF THE US POVERTY GUIDELINES, AND CERTAINLY NO MENTION OF MEETING 125% OF THAT GUIDELINE. Most consulates will use 100% of the guideline. THERE IS ALSO NO DEFINITION OF HOUSEHOLD SIZE IN THE I134.

HOWEVER.....

Later on, once your SO is here and you have married, you will need to file form I864 as part of their Adjustment of Status. Form I864 is more stringent - family size is clearly spelled out and so is the stipulation of evidence of income equal to or greater than 125% of the US Poverty Guidelines.

So...most VJ members will advise it is best to analyze your finances now. Prepare for the visa interview with form I134 AS IF it were your AOS filing (form I864).

*disclaimer added - this is a very basic whitewashed description of the uses of the two forms. Your mileage may vary depending on your consulate and your circumstances*

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
So what IS the difference between the I-134 & I-864? I can't quite figure it out.

We're filing a K-1 in Jordan and the embassy there said to bring the affidavit of support to the interview and that all forms are on it's website. The website had a link for the I-864, so that's the one I filled out and sent to my fiance in Amman. I thought that the proper form would be sent to me when the time came, but my fiance never received 'packet 3' either. Our interview is on May 2nd. Do I need to send him the other form?

The I-134 is only used at the consulate for Non-Immigrant visas like K-1 and K-3.

The I-864 is used for sponsoring an immigrant getting a Green-Card, the consulate will use the I-864 only with visas that automatically generate a Green-Card after entry into the USA, such as CR-1, or IR-1 immigrant visas.

The I-864 is used by an K-1, K-3 visa holder when they adjust status in the USA.

So I-864 is used for Green-Card sponsor, and I-134 is used for Non-Immigrant visas.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

The I-134 is only used at the consulate for Non-Immigrant visas like K-1 and K-3.

The I-864 is used for sponsoring an immigrant getting a Green-Card, the consulate will use the I-864 only with visas that automatically generate a Green-Card after entry into the USA, such as CR-1, or IR-1 immigrant visas.

The I-864 is used by an K-1, K-3 visa holder when they adjust status in the USA.

So I-864 is used for Green-Card sponsor, and I-134 is used for Non-Immigrant visas.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. Ok, so I was starting to fill out I-134 and noticed that the expiration date is 4/30/07. Does that mean it just has to be filled out, signed and notarized before that date? Or presented at interview by then? Will a new version of the form be available soon enough for me to get it to my fiance by the time of his interview at 9a on May 2?

Edited by lorettelee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Why does everyone always say that it's only necessary to file one I-134? From this page it says:

"The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

I just sent my I-134 documents to my fiance, and I had a cosponsor and we each did one. But I'm just wondering why does everyone say there's only one required document of this even if you get a cosponsor?

Not trying to say anyone is wrong, cause I don't know, I just get mixed messages.

Edited by serendipitous

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Why does everyone always say that it's only necessary to file one I-134? From this page it says:
"The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

I just sent my I-134 documents to my fiance, and I had a cosponsor and we each did one. But I'm just wondering why does everyone say there's only one required document of this even if you get a cosponsor?

Not trying to say anyone is wrong, cause I don't know, I just get mixed messages.

The answer is a couple posts above. For K visas the I-134 is used to obtain the visa and later the I-864 is used during the process of adjusting status. (getting the green card)

One document for getting the visa.

One document for adjusting status.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Firstly.....let me say I don't think it's bad AT ALL that the OP has delayed sending his I129F out until he had a grip on what's ahead of him further down the road.

I absolutely agree. I've tried to give OP and others messages of encouragement to read about what they are actually involved in. When they jump from thread to thread just posting questions and waiting for anyone to answer them. It makes it too easy and people really aren't doing them a favor. With these people taking shortcuts, they are doing a big inservice to themselves and their foreign fiancee/spouses.

As my signature says...

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.