Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Good haha Black and white is even better. I look like a prisoner on photos like that and the Walgreens woman really peeved me off too. Didn't help.

I think I did mine in a random ASDA grocery story in the UK on the way back from picking up my approved K1 documentation packet from the courier (they did US sizes). Given that I was in ASDA, I looked quite dishevelled :P

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Hey Everyone

Can some one tell me if you surrender your AP/EAD card when you go for the AOS interview, assuming you pass it?

I'm expecting the combo card withing the next 10 days. I have the AOS interview scheduled on for the 22nd of September. I want to take my wife to Europe in October and we are applying for a Schengen visa for her. They want some proof that she basically is allowed back in the country. The problem is that if they take the AP card and we don't have the official Green Card yet, we have no "official" document to show them at the embassy.

I also read in some posts that you can ask the officer to stamp the passport with a I-551, which should suffice until the Green Card arrives. Is that something you have to request?

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats Jannina! It seems like a long time ago for the K1 visa interviews, so much has changed. We filed a bit later than you, but we're patiently waiting now.

Thanks!!!

I just got two more notifications EAD and AP both approved!!! I feel so happy I could dance!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

My Hubby and I are going out to celebrate!! :energy:

I assume that this is your approval notice letting you know that the case has been approved but that your card will follow "shortly". The approval notice itself isn't any use for employment or getting back into the country but the card

Itself will follow :) the card, when it arrives, should fit within your purse! There are visual examples of the EAD combo card around on the forums and elsewhere on the wider web that can be found with a good search term.

Tra-la-la... no delivery notification for the EAD yet (I'm on the other side of the country right now) but hopefully today or tomorrow.

I'm also waiting for a call back from a Tier 2 agent as to whether there has been an movement on my background check that I mentioned two weeks ago. I presume not and I'll update if I'm incorrect.

As for two day delivery, I think the marketing for the USPS product suggests that the two day delivery is a best attempt and not a guarantee (you have to pay more for guaranteed two day deliver). I did some searching and found USPS wording to that effect which basically absolves them of responsibility.

Simon

EAD card wasn't delivered on Monday 29th August despite it being "out for delivery" as per the USPS tracker, having finally made it from Corbin KY where it left on Thursday 25th August to where we live on the East Coast. The enveloped containing the EAD went out for delivery around 8.30am, and then at 10.30pm the same day we received a message "Delivery status not updated". It turns out that message is automated when a package that was "out for delivery" hasn't been delivered within 14 hours. It certainly wasn't delivered so I guess I'll see if there is better luck on Tuesday 30th August.

Remember, my EAD was approved on Friday 19th August so I'm only mentioning this to set expectations about timeframes :) It'd been about 11 days now since the EAD was approved which I still think is reasonable timeframe to receive the card (although looking at USPS status tracker makes me think that the delay on receiving it could be avoided haha; I can only imagine that other sorts of post are also delayed, many of which are probably significantly more important than an EAD/AP card).

As an aside, I spoke to a Tier 2 agent today... they informed me than my I-485 is still awaiting the results of the FBI namecheck. I'm on Day 86 or 87 (tirrrrred as a late night hereeeee) and still on 'Fingerprint Fee Received'. Hopefully some movement on that soon too! Fingers and toes crossing!

Simon

Edited by simonschus

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

EAD card wasn't delivered on Monday 29th August despite it being "out for delivery" as per the USPS tracker, having finally made it from Corbin KY where it left on Thursday 25th August to where we live on the East Coast. The enveloped containing the EAD went out for delivery around 8.30am, and then at 10.30pm the same day we received a message "Delivery status not updated". It turns out that message is automated when a package that was "out for delivery" hasn't been delivered within 14 hours. It certainly wasn't delivered so I guess I'll see if there is better luck on Tuesday 30th August.

Remember, my EAD was approved on Friday 19th August so I'm only mentioning this to set expectations about timeframes :) It'd been about 11 days now since the EAD was approved which I still think is reasonable timeframe to receive the card (although looking at USPS status tracker makes me think that the delay on receiving it could be avoided haha; I can only imagine that other sorts of post are also delayed, many of which are probably significantly more important than an EAD/AP card).

As an aside, I spoke to a Tier 2 agent today... they informed me than my I-485 is still awaiting the results of the FBI namecheck. I'm on Day 86 or 87 (tirrrrred as a late night hereeeee) and still on 'Fingerprint Fee Received'. Hopefully some movement on that soon too! Fingers and toes crossing!

Simon

Simon what are you adjusting from? Background check won't stop your I-485 from processing but it can delay the EAD.. I've been there multiple times with a teir 2... if your adjusting from a k1 perhaps your in he same boat as me? Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Everyone

Can some one tell me if you surrender your AP/EAD card when you go for the AOS interview, assuming you pass it?

I'm expecting the combo card withing the next 10 days. I have the AOS interview scheduled on for the 22nd of September. I want to take my wife to Europe in October and we are applying for a Schengen visa for her. They want some proof that she basically is allowed back in the country. The problem is that if they take the AP card and we don't have the official Green Card yet, we have no "official" document to show them at the embassy.

I also read in some posts that you can ask the officer to stamp the passport with a I-551, which should suffice until the Green Card arrives. Is that something you have to request?

No, you don't. However make sure you bring it to the interview cause the officer might just make a copy of it.

Day 0 - 6/10/2016 sent package (I130, I485, I864, I693,I130, I765)

Day 1 - 6/13/2016 package received PD 6/14/2016

Day 9 - 6-22/2016 Checks cleared

Day 10 - 6/23/2016 NOA Received by text end email

Day 14 - 6/27/2016 Received NOA by mail

Day 26 - 7/09/2016 Received Biometric appointment notice schedule 7/20/2016

Day 32 - 7/15/2016 Biometrics done Walked-in

Day 100 - 9/21/2016 I765 and I130 approved

Day 107 -9/2/-2016 Received EAD combo card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey Everyone

If your approved on the spot you can request they stamp your passport which is a temporary green card it's valid for a year... All the stamp means is hey I have a green card I just don't have the physical card in card... It serves the same purpose as the physical green card... If you got that stamp then you have zero need for the combo card

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Good Morning everyone! Praying and hoping to have another wave of good responses this week! Staying positive #day74fromreceipt #positive #hopeful

Edited by Kenia~N~Jeury

No, you don't. However make sure you bring it to the interview cause the officer might just make a copy of it.

If your approved on the spot you can request they stamp your passport which is a temporary green card it's valid for a year... All the stamp means is hey I have a green card I just don't have the physical card in card... It serves the same purpose as the physical green card... If you got that stamp then you have zero need for the combo card

Thanks so much for your responses. That makes me feel much better about going to the embassy without the physical Green Card in hand. Then all we have to worry about is them approving and then processing it withing 2 weeks, which I've read is well withing their normal processing time.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Simon

Hang in there, Simon! Let's hope your card will be delivered today and the FBI namecheck will come through soon. That's taking them quite a long time!

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Happy to see and hear about all of your updates. This gives me hope for my case!

I've just hit day 90 and still haven't heard anything, so I guess it's time to place another service request.

'Another' SR? So you did one already? Did you get a confirmation email or something? I remember reading people getting approved shortly after the SR, but nothing on my end. I'm still on 'fingerprint fee received' ...so frustrating ?

AOS from K-1

06/06/2016 - Married

06/12/2016 - AOS filed

06/13/2016 - received at Chicago Lockbox [day 0]

06/21/2016 - NOA1 date [day 8]

06/27/2016 - NOA1 hard copy in mail [day 14]

07/01/2016 - Biometrics letter received [day 18]

07/13/2016 - Biometrics appointment [day 30]

08/29/2016 - SR online [day 77] (assigned to officer, response to inquiry sent, and completed all on the same day) => no confirmation email received

09/02/2016 - EAD & AP approval notices in mail (both dated 08/29/2016) [day 81]

All 3 cases online still on 'Case Was Received'
09/29/2016 - 2nd SR online for card to be mailed [day 108]
10/21/2016 - SR (finally) assigned and completed [day 130]
10/24/2016 - new card is being produced [day 133]

10/28/2016 - Infopass appointment [day 137]

10/28/2016 - GC approved - new card is being produced [day 137]

No interview!!

Simon what are you adjusting from? Background check won't stop your I-485 from processing but it can delay the EAD.. I've been there multiple times with a teir 2... if your adjusting from a k1 perhaps your in he same boat as me?

I'm adjusting from a K1.

I have already had my EAD produced so it doesn't seem to have affected that. I was sure that the namecheck affected the processing of the I485 insofar that the case wouldn't even get looked at or transferred to a local office until the namecheck was returned? Or am I entirely wrong?

Hang in there, Simon! Let's hope your card will be delivered today and the FBI namecheck will come through soon. That's taking them quite a long time!

haha yeah, I hope so too :) others are waiting much longer! The annoying thing is that I might actually have to travel next week now so I hope the card comes today haha! Edited by simonschus

Are SRs a case inquiry submission? I've read some people doing this But do u do it thru USCIS website in the inquiry about my case and just do the first choice that indicates that we believe case is outside processing time?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning everyone! Praying and hoping to have another wave of good responses this week! Staying positive #day74fromreceipt #positive #hopeful

I hope so too.

I was reviewing 100 cases before mine, cases received on 6/14/2016 most of them got stuck on case was received, ... only 12 cases are ready to schedule Interview.

Day 0 - 6/10/2016 sent package (I130, I485, I864, I693,I130, I765)

Day 1 - 6/13/2016 package received PD 6/14/2016

Day 9 - 6-22/2016 Checks cleared

Day 10 - 6/23/2016 NOA Received by text end email

Day 14 - 6/27/2016 Received NOA by mail

Day 26 - 7/09/2016 Received Biometric appointment notice schedule 7/20/2016

Day 32 - 7/15/2016 Biometrics done Walked-in

Day 100 - 9/21/2016 I765 and I130 approved

Day 107 -9/2/-2016 Received EAD combo card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

'Another' SR? So you did one already? Did you get a confirmation email or something? I remember reading people getting approved shortly after the SR, but nothing on my end. I'm still on 'fingerprint fee received' ...so frustrating ?

Yes, I filed a SR after 75 days and received an email confirmation the same day. I think I received a response two days later, but it was something generic like "your case is being processed." I submitted another SR (day 90) yesterday and received a response this morning that says my case is being expedited and I should receive a response shortly.

AOS Timeline

04/05/2016 - Wedding
05/27/2016 - AOS/EAD/AP sent
05/31/2016 - Received at Chicago Lock Box [Day 1]
06/04/2016 - NOA1 date (never received e-notification) [Day 4]
06/09/2016 - NOA hard copy received by mail [Day 9]
06/11/2016 - Biometrics letter received. Appointment scheduled for 06/30/2016. [Day 11]
06/20/2016 - Did walk-in for Biometrics instead
06/30/2016 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 30]
07/21/2016 - Online case status update for AOS. Interview to be scheduled. [Day 51]

07/25/2016 - Online case status update for EAD/AP. [Day 55]

08/15/2016 - Placed a SR (service request) for EAD [Day 76]

08/18/2016 - SR response: Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly. [Day 79]

08/29/2016 - Placed 2nd SR for EAD [Day 90]

08/30/2016 - SR response: We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly. [Day 91]

09/02/2016 - Online case status update and e-notification that EAD card was picked up by USPS. [Day 94]

09/06/2016 - Received EAD/AP card. [Day 98]

10/31/2016 - Request for interview received. Interview scheduled for 12/08/16 [Day 153]

12/08/2016 - Interview at USCIS office in Seattle, WA. Online case status updated to 'approved' on the same day. [Day 191]

12/11/2016 - Hard copy of 'approval notice' NOA received by mail [Day 195]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.