Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

May I please ask to explain service request & who are eligible to place service request for EAD?

Thanks

The following links will be much better than any of us will be for explaining, so I suggest that you look here too. The first two are probably the links that you want in this instance and are what everybody else is referring to in the above posts

USCIS Webpage on Service Requests for EAD"s Approaching Regulatory Timeframes

VisaJourney post on Service Requests for EAD"s Approaching Regulatory Timeframes

However, these final two links are there if you need to expedite due to a job offer but that isn't what people are referring in the above posts:

VisaJourney post on Expedite Requests relating to a job offer

USCIS Webpage on Expedite Requests

If you have any questions then it might be useful to post something in the main forum rather than in this thread - you'll possibly get more responses there including from those who have already been through the process.

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Service request is when you submit a request for them to look into your case as to why it's not been approved yet... With the EAD a service request can be submitted at day 75... Aslong as your beyond 75days your able to submit a service request... For AOS a service request can't be submitted until your outside normal processing times

Thank you x

The following links will be much better than any of us will be for explaining, so I suggest that you look here too. The first two are probably the links that you want in this instance and are what everybody else is referring to in the above posts

VisaJourney post on Service Requests for EAD"s Approaching Regulatory Timeframes

However, these final two links are there if you need to expedite due to a job offer but that isn't what people are referring in the above posts:

If you have any questions then it might be useful to post something in the main forum rather than in this thread - you'll possibly get more responses there including from those who have already been through the process.

Simon.

Thank you sir !

I'm OK for now. All this waiting and no changes just gets frustrating sometimes.

I hope we'll get a turn real soon too.

I know the feeling. Same here. Same timeline as yours and no updates!!!!!! Waiting is a nightmare!!!!

Simon.

Hello Simon

75 days is from PD or from when USCIS receive the I765 form?

thank you

2016-06-06 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox
2016-06-08 Package received
2016-06-13 check cashed
2016-06-14 NOA1 email messages received
2016-06-17 received 3 NOA1 hard copies
2016-06-28 Biometrics, completed, walk-in
2016-07-05 Only EAD receipt showing up online

2016-07-26 All 3 receipts showing up online

2016-08-25 SR filed for EAD

2016-08-26 SR was assigned to an officer

2016-08-27 EAD-New card is being produced

2016-09-03 EAD received!!

2016-12-13 Interview Scheduled

2016-12-15 Approved!!

2016-12-19 Approval Notice received in the mail

2016-12-22 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello Simon

75 days is from PD or from when USCIS receive the I765 form?

thank you

Day they recieved the form

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Thank you Moslund!

2016-06-06 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox
2016-06-08 Package received
2016-06-13 check cashed
2016-06-14 NOA1 email messages received
2016-06-17 received 3 NOA1 hard copies
2016-06-28 Biometrics, completed, walk-in
2016-07-05 Only EAD receipt showing up online

2016-07-26 All 3 receipts showing up online

2016-08-25 SR filed for EAD

2016-08-26 SR was assigned to an officer

2016-08-27 EAD-New card is being produced

2016-09-03 EAD received!!

2016-12-13 Interview Scheduled

2016-12-15 Approved!!

2016-12-19 Approval Notice received in the mail

2016-12-22 Green Card received

So I checked our mailbox today and we had interview notice in a mail already. Mind you we got on-line update about scheduling our interview today early morning - it was stuck on Fingerprint fee received since 16June and there was no update whatsoever until today. Interview scheduled and I-797C (apprently they mailed it on the 11th) already in mail.

I spent all day calling USCIS because my husband won't be able to attend that day. He has 3 weeks of training which is crucial prior to his deployment which is also "behind the corner". So it seems like I will be forced to go alone. No one was helpful on either USCIS lines (military line + regular). All I was told that my husband not being present will negatively impact our case. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do unless they will have a date available where my husband can come. I am literally stressed out because there is nothing we can do. either way he will be in the training or deployed already. I also thought military was excused from interview if they were deployed etc. Any experince with this? Thank you

Edited by Miki28

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

So I checked our mailbox today and we had interview notice in a mail already. Mind you we got on-line update about scheduling our interview today early morning - it was stuck on Fingerprint fee received since 16June and there was no update whatsoever until today. Interview scheduled and I-797C (apprently they mailed it on the 11th) already in mail.

I spent all day calling USCIS because my husband won't be able to attend that day. He has 3 weeks of training which is crucial prior to his deployment which is also "behind the corner". So it seems like I will be forced to go alone. No one was helpful on either USCIS lines (military line + regular). All I was told that my husband not being present will negatively impact our case. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do unless they will have a date available where my husband can come. I am literally stressed out because there is nothing we can do. either way he will be in the training or deployed already. I also thought military was excused from interview if they were deployed etc. Any experince with this? Thank you

That was quite fast. Did you request some kind of expedite due to his deployment? I don't know anything about military, I believe vj has a forum dedicated to people in the military, I think you should post in there to get better answers. I'm sorry I can't be of any help, just sending you positive thoughts, I'm sure they've been through this before and you'll have no problems going further.

Good luck

Edit: old thread but that can help you start http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/217796-aos-interview-while-husband-is-deployed/

Edited by p-ana

That was quite fast. Did you request some kind of expedite due to his deployment? I don't know anything about military, I believe vj has a forum dedicated to people in the military, I think you should post in there to get better answers. I'm sorry I can't be of any help, just sending you positive thoughts, I'm sure they've been through this before and you'll have no problems going further.

Good luck

We asked about Expedite and we received response from USCIS that as soon as we receive his orders (he hasn't gotten them yet, but it can happen anytime at this point) we need to fax it to them. I called them over a month ago asking what needs to be done if my husband can't attend interview due to deployment and the guy I talked to said he will put request and mention that we don't have his orders yet.

I wasn't expecting to be Scheduled this fast. But now it's pain in the butt to figure out what we need to do. I don't want to get in trouble for not having my husband to come with me. He won't be even here but out of state. He feels bad because with this training there is nothing he can do. We can provide documents to them supporting that tho. I just mailed overnight letter to ask them to advise us as of what to do. Reschedule or have me come alone. I will try to find answer on military forum or ask if I can't find anything.

Thank you tho! I appreciate that

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions 

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

N-400

We asked about Expedite and we received response from USCIS that as soon as we receive his orders (he hasn't gotten them yet, but it can happen anytime at this point) we need to fax it to them. I called them over a month ago asking what needs to be done if my husband can't attend interview due to deployment and the guy I talked to said he will put request and mention that we don't have his orders yet.

I wasn't expecting to be Scheduled this fast. But now it's pain in the butt to figure out what we need to do. I don't want to get in trouble for not having my husband to come with me. He won't be even here but out of state. He feels bad because with this training there is nothing he can do. We can provide documents to them supporting that tho. I just mailed overnight letter to ask them to advise us as of what to do. Reschedule or have me come alone. I will try to find answer on military forum or ask if I can't find anything.

Thank you tho! I appreciate that

I edited my post with a link of a thread that may be helpful. I think worst case scenario is you going alone carrying his orders, they'll have to understand Edited by p-ana

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I use the USCIS case tracker app,I see a lot of cases after me getting RFEs,a couple having interviews and some stuff in 'Fee was received'.I'm currently trying to decide if this is good or bad

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I did a quick search and came up with about the same kind of responses as P-ana linked. Though I did read one thread from a few years back where the foreign spouse took her husband's orders to interview and they rescheduled saying they needed him present. If you don't hear anything back from USCIS in time I'd personally get copies of his TDY and deployment papers and attend the interview with maybe a friend or relative in tow.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

When I use the USCIS case tracker app,I see a lot of cases after me getting RFEs,a couple having interviews and some stuff in 'Fee was received'.I'm currently trying to decide if this is good or bad

I think it just depends on how busy the field offices are right now. Those above and below you could be at totally different places operating at different speeds. Ours is just the same, but there's nothing to worry about, honestly :) They'll get to you in time.

event.png

I did a quick search and came up with about the same kind of responses as P-ana linked. Though I did read one thread from a few years back where the foreign spouse took her husband's orders to interview and they rescheduled saying they needed him present. If you don't hear anything back from USCIS in time I'd personally get copies of his TDY and deployment papers and attend the interview with maybe a friend or relative in tow.

Even on their website they say they will interview spouse if her/his spouse if deployed as long as he/she provides deployment orders. I will see what they respond. His sister lives close by us. That's only relative, everyone else is in Hawaii. I might make an infopass as well just to be safe.

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions 

N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to ask since I can't find anything just yet but what happens in the interview

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.