Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, normally you need EAD or Green Card to get driver license. But I got it one month ago only with my NOA-1 and biometrics letter. I brought all papers to DMV (also don't forget about residency proof), clerk talked to the manager and they let me pass all tests and issued 2-year driver license. Good luck to everyone, just remember it is always better to go to DMV and talk to people in person.

Edited by Muresha

K1->AOS

05/26/2016 AOS filed (I-485, I-130, EAD/AP)

05/31/2016 AOS delivered (day 1)

06/08/2016 NOA x 4 issued (day 9)

06/13/2016 NOA x 4 in mail (day 14)

06/22/2016 Biometrics appointment letter in mail (day 23)

07/05/2016 Biometrics done (day 36)

07/26/2016 Case status started working on-line (day 57)

08/08/2016 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview (day 71)

08/15/2016 SR for EAD (day 77)

08/17/2016 EAD is being produced! :dancing: (day 79)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes but my British license expired in 2014

I have a British one that is good for a year in my state...

Did you take the theory and practical test? your time line says you just applied and they sent it to you.

K1 Visa Journey (I am the beneficiary) :dance: :dancing:

I-129F - Sent: September 16, 2015

I-129F - Received: September 17, 2015

NOA1 - E-Notification: September 22, 2015 NOA1 - Hard Copy: September 29, 2015

NOA2 - E-Notification: October 16, 2015 NOA2 - Hard Copy: October 24, 2015

NVC Received: November 3, 2015 NVC Case# Assigned; November 4, 2015

NVC Sent to Consulate: November 5, 2015

At Embassy-ready: November 9, 2015

Packet 3 received - November 20, 2015  Packet 3 sent - November 30, 2015

Medicals - December 4, 2015

Packet 4 receiver - December 17, 2015

Interview - January 20, 2016 -- Approved!!!

Visa received - January 29, 2016

POE - May 15, 2016

05/27/2016 - MARRIED!!!

AOS

05/31/2016 - AOS & EAD & AP applications mailed via USPS priority mail

06/01/2016 - Delivered to Chicago and signed for.

06/05/2016 - NOA1 Received (Electronic notices) all 3

06/06/2016 - Check of $1070 fee for AOS (I-485) was cashed

06/09/2016 - NOA1 Received (All 3 Hard copies date 06/03/2016)

06/17/2016 - Biometrics letter received (dated 06/11/2016 and appointment 06/28/2016)  06/20/2016 Biometrics done - Walked in.

07/14/2016 Case update online (RFIE i-485)

07/18/2016 RFIE Received Hard copy (Birth Certificate - Not an easy fix) PAUSED

07/21/2016 RFIE sent to NBC

07/22/2016 RFIE Received by NBC -signed

07/27/2016 RFIE Response Received

08/17/2016 Service request online...

11/30/2016 AOS Card Produced

12/05/2016 Approval Notice Received (Hard copies) Case Status for I-485 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

12/08/2016 Green Card Received

ROC - i-751

08/31/2018 - ROC i-751 applications mailed via USPS priority mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I have a British one that is good for a year in my state...

Did you take the theory and practical test? your time line says you just applied and they sent it to you.

I applied for learners permit so just done the theory... In Virginia you need to pass the theory before they issue even a learners permit.. My UK license expired 2 years ago I've been the US for 6years now

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Where are you in NC. Iam in durham and I talked to some lady and she said I'd have to provide proof that my aos has been aproved. Like I don't have that arrival yet..... And i need to drive soooo bad!!

What city are you in and what necessary documents did you provide

We're in Cary, NC. Made 2 attemps at the DMV office on Maynard road, never got a chance to actually TALK to someone in person.

I briefly looked under the NC requirement cause I see your from NC... for non citizens and it says 1-797 NOA can be used as proof of residency/legal status so just use your NOA for your I-485 which is your I-797

That's what I had planned on using.

I just thought that when you call them they should be able to give you real information. It's bad enough that you have to wait for hours just to gt to talk to someone, just to find out that the officer in charge might decide that the supporting information is not enough.

This will be my 3rd attempt at the DMV; the first time they told everyone who was still inline that they are not going to process anyone else that day, because they are too busy ( "come back another time...")

the 2nd time we were told that the DMV computer systems are down and they can't process anyone. They told everyone to try again another day.

Needless to say that my level of confidence in getting anything done at the DMV is not very high.

3rd attempt today :)

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

In Montana (Great falls) they did not allow me to do the test for driving license when I had one month left in my I-94. I was told I need to have 3 months left.

I was allowed to take the test in Florida. Even though my I 94 was about to expire. Then they first told me they could give me only a few weeks but I insisted they'd ask a supervisor as I was in the country legally adjusting status. they sorted it out with a supervisor and I got a temporary drivers license for a year. Apparently it's enough to have applied for AOS .

I did have to bring in my marriage certificate and my husband had to be present with his passport and I had to have my passport.

Edited by Soley

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Can't delete a double post?

Edited by Soley

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Hi all,

I'm on about Day 69 since my filing/received date.

I phoned the USCIS Customer Service Centre today to enquire as my I-485 because it is still on "Fingerprint fee received" where it has been stuck since early June, just after my filing date. The Tier 2 agent said that my case looks "very good" (he repeated it twice which I thought was encouraging). He mentioned that the case is still at the NBC and that they received my biometrics back in early July. However, he said that they hadn't received my background check yet.

Any thoughts? I'm not really sure what to say apart from "rubbish" and "I'll just have to wait this out".

I'm aware that background checks are an essential part of the process and also familiar with the process from here and here, and a few recent posts written in the threads for AOS filing months surrounding ours. I am aware of the difference between the biometrics check and the namecheck. I have a *very* uncommon surname both before and after marriage, plus I have absolutely *no* criminal record (if I had then I wouldn't have passed the US Global Entry background check last year which I believe went through some form of biometrics and namechecks). I'm not entirely sure what is up but I shall just have to wait it out, hoping that it is just a random error.

Sighhhhhhhhh. I'm not entirely sure that I would define that as a "very good" case (the words of the Tier 2 agent).

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Timeline

Hi all,

I'm on about Day 69 since my filing/received date.

I phoned the USCIS Customer Service Centre today to enquire as my I-485 because it is still on "Fingerprint fee received" where it has been stuck since early June, just after my filing date. The Tier 2 agent said that my case looks "very good" (he repeated it twice which I thought was encouraging). He mentioned that the case is still at the NBC and that they received my biometrics back in early July. However, he said that they hadn't received my background check yet.

Any thoughts? I'm not really sure what to say apart from "rubbish" and "I'll just have to wait this out".

I'm aware that background checks are an essential part of the process and also familiar with the process from here and here, and a few recent posts written in the threads for AOS filing months surrounding ours. I am aware of the difference between the biometrics check and the namecheck. I have a *very* uncommon surname both before and after marriage, plus I have absolutely *no* criminal record (if I had then I wouldn't have passed the US Global Entry background check last year which I believe went through some form of biometrics and namechecks). I'm not entirely sure what is up but I shall just have to wait it out, hoping that it is just a random error.

Sighhhhhhhhh. I'm not entirely sure that I would define that as a "very good" case (the words of the Tier 2 agent).

Simon.

Try not stress about background checks I was stuck in checks for a month and a half... I'm also on fingerprint fee recieved look at this way... People who get status update "ready to be scheduled for interview" won't get there interview waived... Aslong as you status still shows "fingerprint fee recieved" you have a good chance of not needing an interview... I've spent Many Days worrying about background checks and status updates... I've came to deal with it USCIS will do it in there own slow a$$ time and it's out of our control so there no point stressing out about it... Might I add I'm day 124 now I think since them recieving my I-485... The days are becoming blurred at this stage haha Edited by Moslund

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Timeline

I also want to add my background is squeaky clean but some people take longer to clear than other... My case was also at NBC until day 100 then they transferred it to a local office... Your doing exactly what I was doing over thinking everything and trying to find reasoning... I'm be honest with you USCIS makes no sence ever!!! you will end up more confused about the situation after over thinking the situation than what you were before you started since there is no straight forward answer

Edited by Moslund

Timeline

There is literally 4 people from April filers who were stuck on fingerprint fee recieved that all got approved within the last 2weeks with no interview needed... There is hope

Edited by Moslund

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It can get a bit frustrating at times not hearing from them but it's gotta be better than an RF(I)E. That's my theory and I'm constantly reminding myself.

No interview would be nice Moslund. I kinda wait for you to post on here for your info hehe :P

event.png

Timeline

It can get a bit frustrating at times not hearing from them but it's gotta be better than an RF(I)E. That's my theory and I'm constantly reminding myself.

No interview would be nice Moslund. I kinda wait for you to post on here for your info hehe :P

I think other than myself there is 1 other April filer still stuck on "fingerprint fee recieved" and yes it is very frustrating to see everyone getting updates and your trailing behind at the back on the line none the wiser about the situation

I think other than myself there is 1 other April filer still stuck on "fingerprint fee recieved" and yes it is very frustrating to see everyone getting updates and your trailing behind at the back on the line none the wiser about the situation

Thanks for both of your kind words - it felt like an computer-mediated cuddle!

I was already aware of similar situations with other having read the April and May AOS filers forums. As such, I was slanted towards thing "oh, this is hopefully just the same as Moslund experienced and that I'll get my transferred perhaps somewhere random like Texas!).

I shall wait it out and will keep everybody updated as to how(if) I'm progressing. I really hope that this won't affect my AP/EAD (or my re-entry!). It really shouldn't though. I am hoping to return to the UK in September, November and December for various events so it'd be nice to get AP through so I can book everything within reasonable timeframes.

Yes... dealing with USCIS is all frustrating, annoying, and makes me feel a bit helpless. My locus of control is feeling very external right now, haha. Still, the process is there to aim for due diligence and to help to protect people in some capacity. Sure, there can be improvements but any service dealing with work/people on this sort of scale is bound to have this impact on the individual experience. I hope that all of this is over soon enough.

The process up until arrival on my K1 was very easy, speedy for me so it seems appropriate to have a bit more of stressful experience going on AOS (coupled with living in a different country, in a sleepy village on the West Coast where we are just getting to know people for the 3 months we're here, and when both my wife and I are only used to an always-on busy life on the East Coast!). Happily, the Olympics help to keep aspirations high particularly with the coverage/commentary being from home! Plus my wife is wonderful just as I'm sure all of everybody's husbands and wives are too (unintentionally, that sounds a bit polygamous!).

Thank you for all letting me vent as that is what I had needed, in addition to venting with my wife and friends offline. You're all so kind, both those that post and those that lurk!

love, Simon x

Edited by simonschus

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You got this Simon. Can't imagine how many keyboards we'd all go through if the last shred of sanity fell asleep on us. What are you all doing to keep you from wits end? Besides stalking the tracker haha

Soon as my husband goes to work (nights) and our Son goes to bed (I'm lost when they're both elsewhere) I resume being a gamer or I sew up some blankets.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.