Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Thank you guys for you help got the combo card today! EAD/AP.. so now since i'm from b2 visa i will start to get my ssn while waiting for the LPR card congrats to those who received theirs!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Has anyone here called USCIS to ask for a usps tracking number? Does a tier 1 or tier 2 give you this?

My status is stuck on card was sent to you but myusps still says I have no packages to be delivered...

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Has anyone here called USCIS to ask for a usps tracking number? Does a tier 1 or tier 2 give you this?

My status is stuck on card was sent to you but myusps still says I have no packages to be delivered...

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that "Card was mailed to you" means that the card is still at USCIS's offices in an outbox ready to be collected by the USPS,

I.e. USPS don't have it yet. I thought a tracking number was only available when USPS actually pick it up from that outbox, which is when the message changed to "USPS has picked up your card", and the detailed case status should then included a tracking number. That is also when MyUSPS should list the card with the tracking number too.

If that understanding is correct then there is no tracking number yet and therefore a Tier 1/2 agent won't be able to help you with that number (no idea if they can help with anything else though which I cover in my next paragraph). Some people report a few days between "card was mailed to me" and "USPS picked up the card...". I think mine was 2 days but I assume you have been longer.

If it is stuck on that status for more than a few days then maybe a call is warranted to check the status but I don't know if the USCIS agents will tell you anything other than a scripted line of "it might take 30 days".

As an aside, I've seen a few cases around mine stick on "card was mailed to me" since August 8th. Maybe this has something to do with case statuses updating slowly and some of the cards have been picked up by USPS and are hurtling their way towards our postboxes. However, the failure of the USCIS case tracker wouldn't explain why the unconnected MyUSPS isn't tracking your package yet. Assuming your MyUSPS is set up correctly, I would hazard a guess that the card simply hasn't been picked up by USPS yet- it is waiting at USCIS to be picked up. I would envisage that USPS only pick up once a day and anything after that misses that deadline get pushed to the next day or day after that.

If you do call, let us know how you get on :) and definitely let us know when the card arrives! Hopefully not too long!

Simon xoxox

P.S. I am aware that some of my post is speculation, albeit reasoned speculation after a fair bit of trawling the USPS delivery update process and posts of VJ about delivery of cards. In reality, experiences and reasons for those experiences may differ haha! I'm just trying to offer thoughts.

Edited by simonschus

Timeline

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that "Card was mailed to you" means that the card is still at USCIS's offices in an outbox ready to be collected by the USPS,

I.e. USPS don't have it yet. I thought a tracking number was only available when USPS actually pick it up from that outbox, which is when the message changed to "USPS has picked up your card", and the detailed case status should then included a tracking number. That is also when MyUSPS should list the card with the tracking number too.

If that understanding is correct then there is no tracking number yet and therefore a Tier 1/2 agent won't be able to help you with that number (no idea if they can help with anything else though which I cover in my next paragraph). Some people report a few days between "card was mailed to me" and "USPS picked up the card...". I think mine was 2 days but I assume you have been longer.

If it is stuck on that status for more than a few days then maybe a call is warranted to check the status but I don't know if the USCIS agents will tell you anything other than a scripted line of "it might take 30 days".

As an aside, I've seen a few cases around mine stick on "card was mailed to me" since August 8th. Maybe this has something to do with case statuses updating slowly and some of the cards have been picked up by USPS and are hurtling their way towards our postboxes. However, the failure of the USCIS case tracker wouldn't explain why the unconnected MyUSPS isn't tracking your package yet. Assuming your MyUSPS is set up correctly, I would hazard a guess that the card simply hasn't been picked up by USPS yet- it is waiting at USCIS to be picked up. I would envisage that USPS only pick up once a day and anything after that misses that deadline get pushed to the next day or day after that.

If you do call, let us know how you get on :) and definitely let us know when the card arrives! Hopefully not too long!

Simon xoxox

From what I have seen in the past month or so I thought that was how it worked as well. Maybe I am just losing it! We booked our plane tickets yesterday (there is 3 of us and there were only 4 tickets left so I could not wait till I had my card in hand, my wedding abroad is kind of hard to just postpone :P) I noticed usually the post office picks the cards up shortly after 4PM so if my status doesn`t change today and it isn`t magically in the mail tomorrow I will call just to see what they say.

Since I am already approved, and I can prove big financial loss if I do not catch this plane (we all know last minute plane tickets cost A LOT, more than I care to admit) and get emergency AP? I mean I am already approved, it just isn`t here in time so I assume that would be allowed?

Thanks for your quick response! I will definitely keep everyone here updated!

event.png

K1
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

RoC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I think Simon's correct also. I've read it on here before that that's how it works. But also, still keep in mind that some people never actually get to use the online system through their whole case so unusual updates or no updates might also be normal too. Not to excuse the frustration, I can relate. Also, doesn't the letter of approval for AP/EAD say it can take up to a month to receive the card and to only call then?

Kim&Clint, I think so long as you aren't trying to get back in the US without your card in hand you should be fine to go abroad and have someone forward the card on to you when it arrives? Fedex deliver worldwide and have some pretty swift services - though you'd pay more.

event.png

I think Simon's correct also. I've read it on here before that that's how it works. But also, still keep in mind that some people never actually get to use the online system through their whole case so unusual updates or no updates might also be normal too. Not to excuse the frustration, I can relate. Also, doesn't the letter of approval for AP/EAD say it can take up to a month to receive the card and to only call then?

Kim&Clint, I think so long as you aren't trying to get back in the US without your card in hand you should be fine to go abroad and have someone forward the card on to you when it arrives? Fedex deliver worldwide and have some pretty swift services - though you'd pay more.

Yes, the 30 days in the letter is what i'm referring to and why I assumed that any call would be met with a "it hasn't been 30 days yet so we can't do anything".

If you have the time, are near a relevant office, and you're really uncomfortable because you're travelling in the next three/four days then you could also try organising an InfoPass appointment. I have absolutely zero idea what they can do for you, but perhaps that can issue an emergency AP given that yours is already approved. Again, I don't know whether they have Officers (or their supervisors/managers) at the InfoPass appointment authority to do that which is why I suggest doing it if you're fine having a "sorry, can't help" answer from them. I would hope, given the circumstances that you've been approved though, that they'd do something for you. Some offices don't have InfoPasses for a couple of weeks so it could be useful to check that out now if it is an option you'll think you'll want to use - I think you can schedule an appointment and always cancel if the AP arrives!

Perhaps others have experience of this, or maybe it'd be worth doing a search of the forums to find out if InfoPasses can issue an AP document (or an AP stamp in your passport) if you're approved but have to leave before the card arrives.

I also agree with the other lschnura's option of FedEx'ing it over :) Have a check of the costs in advance so you know what to expect, as you might want to give money in advance to the person who is paying... just to keep them happy haha :)

Do keep us updated though, we want to hear about your wedding!!! :) :) :) :)

Honestly, though... the suggestions I'm/we're making might be a bit overkill (though yes, it is great to be prepared should something bad happens. It is natural given the importance of the events and all the time/effort we've put in so far). I'm hopeful you'll be fine and it'll be all okay in advance of you leaving for abroad :) I'm sure it'll be an amazing day when the AP comes through and you realise "yaaaaas! I can get on this flight, go have another amazing day with my family, see a bit of home, and then come back and we can continue on this bodacious adventure, dude" (perhaps, in reality... it'll be less heavy on the "dude" though).

Simon.

P.S. I agree that some people don't get updates ever on their EAD/AP from USCIS. Even if they don't get any automated updates from USCIS, presumably they would still get updates from USPS if they're signed up (correctly) with the MyUSPS system though, as that is independent of the USCIS case tracking system.

Edited by simonschus

re InfoPass, I think some have been able to go to a local office without needing to schedule an interview in advance. No idea what the process is for that though although there is some information here under the subheading "Emergency Advance Parole Document". It is "encouraged" to make an InfoPass appointment but that opens the possibility of just turning up should you want; equally though it is unclear whether this would be treated as an emergency by the USCIS though given what it says about business trips, weddings, etc. Again, this might be overkill and I'm only including this information for completeness.

Edited by simonschus

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I just b*** about how frustrated and crazy annoyed I am!!! It's been over 2 weeks now since my EAD & AP were approved. Yet there is no change in my status and nothing in the mail either. Some of you have been approved after me and already received the combo card in the mail. ... grrrrrr ? I'm telling you, they hand-picked my application and put it aside on purpose!!!

Hey Buzzzzzzzzzzzz.....I know you're frustrated but have to tell you, you just crack me up non stop which has been a welcome relief from my normal thoughts of: why do they hate me and other nutty things that happen when you are in a waiting pattern :P

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Timeline

re InfoPass, I think some have been able to go to a local office without needing to schedule an interview in advance. No idea what the process is for that though although there is some information here under the subheading "Emergency Advance Parole Document". It is "encouraged" to make an InfoPass appointment but that opens the possibility of just turning up should you want; equally though it is unclear whether this would be treated as an emergency by the USCIS though given what it says about business trips, weddings, etc. Again, this might be overkill and I'm only including this information for completeness.

it wouldn't be an emergency to visit someone elses wedding, but this is my own wedding. 5000 dollars in plane tickets and the cost of a wedding would fall under severe financial loss I would assume, so I hope that would mean I do qualify? i would have to make an appointment as I live 6 hours away from the closest office. thanks for your help!

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Can I just b*** about how frustrated and crazy annoyed I am!!! It's been over 2 weeks now since my EAD & AP were approved. Yet there is no change in my status and nothing in the mail either. Some of you have been approved after me and already received the combo card in the mail. ... grrrrrr ? I'm telling you, they hand-picked my application and put it aside on purpose!!!

Ugh, that is is ridiculous. How frustrating. You should definitely vent, that is what we're here for. Grrrr. I'm so peeved for you.

Have you signed your address up for the MyUSPS service? At least then you might be able to see if something is on its way to you as the package would be tracked on that system. Perhaps you already have or don't want to, but I thought I'd offer the suggestion to be constructive!

(note, the website asks to verify your identity, presumably using a credit file. I have no real credit file here yet presumably because my credit card companies haven't reported my credit cards to the credit reference agencies yet. As such, when I typed in my identity it came up with a load of irrelevant questions about financial products from years ago that I had never taken out. Instead, I got my wife to sign up and she just answered the questions herself... we log in on her account to check for incoming tracked mail, and we also signed up for text message/email alerts just so we don't have to check every day (but of course, I still do... cos paranoid).

it wouldn't be an emergency to visit someone elses wedding, but this is my own wedding. 5000 dollars in plane tickets and the cost of a wedding would fall under severe financial loss I would assume, so I hope that would mean I do qualify? i would have to make an appointment as I live 6 hours away from the closest office. thanks for your help!

Keep us updated :) Good thoughts in your (plural) direction! I wish I could just go for you to save you the trip haha! Luckily, there are a few options for you in this situation :) To absolutely slaughter an overused phrase in my home country: Keep calm... and (pack your) carry-on.

Edited by simonschus

My status only changed and had a tracking number after the card was actually delivered, both for the combo card and for the green card.

I wouldn't stress much about waiting, the day they say it's mailed it's not really necessarily the day they mail it (wasn't for me anyway)

it wouldn't be an emergency to visit someone elses wedding, but this is my own wedding. 5000 dollars in plane tickets and the cost of a wedding would fall under severe financial loss I would assume, so I hope that would mean I do qualify? i would have to make an appointment as I live 6 hours away from the closest office. thanks for your help![/quo]

Good luck with that!! When I tried to do something similar this is the answer I got from IO "That's not an emergency of financial Lost, it is your responsability to schedule your plans once ur GC is in your hand. USCIS doesn't work around ur schedule. And then a nice "Sorry and Have a great day"????

Timeline

it wouldn't be an emergency to visit someone elses wedding, but this is my own wedding. 5000 dollars in plane tickets and the cost of a wedding would fall under severe financial loss I would assume, so I hope that would mean I do qualify? i would have to make an appointment as I live 6 hours away from the closest office. thanks for your help![/quo]

Good luck with that!! When I tried to do something similar this is the answer I got from IO "That's not an emergency of financial Lost, it is your responsability to schedule your plans once ur GC is in your hand. USCIS doesn't work around ur schedule. And then a nice "Sorry and Have a great day"????

i'm still hoping I won't need it, but since I found a case almost exactly like mine, which got approved as well, I am holding on to that little bit of hope for now! :) sorry it didn't work out for you!

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

ame="art1976" post="8307043" timestamp="1473892179"]

i'm still hoping I won't need it, but since I found a case almost exactly like mine, which got approved as well, I am holding on to that little bit of hope for now! :) sorry it didn't work out for you!

Im sure You will be fine, it was just a bad experience for me !!!! By the way"Congrats" on ur Wedding!!!??????????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.