Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Fantastic double news Chrisete!! Very happy for you :D

Emmylou, go to USPS and sign up to have your mail rerouted to your new house. It lasts a good few months before they stop rerouting mail from your own address. At least that way you'd not miss any important mail while you're waiting for USCIS to catch up.

Got my hard copy interview notice today. Almost half way through another week too ^.^

Are you in Washington state, Seattle?

SaveSave

Eek!!! My EAD says card is being produced...I am so happy, so relieved. OH! And we bought a house today which was completely uneventful and no stress at all in comparisons with Immigration.

There it is folks, I have officially lost my mind :goofy:

Yessssss :) on both counts! :) :) :) :) I love it :) :) :) Great news!! Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Ugh just got a response on my SR for the EAD. Case is under review, expect result soon. Basically no actions right? Hopefully something happens through the congressman.

To set expectations, the is standard wording that I think most people has gotten in response to the SR across a number of years. I wouldn't have expected anything different if the case is progressing normally. They just provide a template message response, whereby "soon" can mean anything from a few days to a few weeks.

Hopefully some movement sooner rather than later though!! Keep us updated!

Just got update for GreenCard - card was mailed to me! So nice to finally get more movement! :) Good luck to all the others!

:):dance:

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Hi all,

I thought I'd put a timeline together about what happened after EAD/AP was approved. I see a number of questions here sometimes about "What happens next? Where is my card? What status update should I expect next?". I thought this might help answer some of those questions, at least from my experience. Others may differ. Equally, others might have things happen in a slightly different order or some steps might be missed out entirely (some of the online case updates are a little delayed at the moment, presumably due to maintenance issues). I know there are some cases of people having the EAD/AP approval notices and even the combocard before anything even changing online!

Anyway, here goes... I've intentionally removed certain details and amended some details (e.g. location) to protect my privacy. Also, it is important to note that there were weekends and federal holidays in between some of these dates so that might have affected processing times. Presumably USPS doesn't pick up post on a Sunday from USCIS for instance, nor does it deliver the package to your home either.

03/June/2016: I-485 AOS case received by USCIS, with attached I-131 and I-765 cases.

27/June/2016: Walk-in biometrics (we were on honeymoon and so did it several states away from our home on the East Coast). We had a member of the family text us a copy of the biometrics appointment letter, I emailed it to myself and printed it off.

15/August/2016: Reached 75 days since, so I filed submitted an EAD Service Request online and typed in ‘Approaching regulatory time’ frame into the comments section entitled "Last Action Taken on Case". The online form I filled in was here on the USCIS website I know that the form is for "Outside normal processing time" but it still let me send it on the 75th day... notably, on the 74th day, the form wouldn't let me submit it so it appears that the 75 day timeframe is coded into the form in some capacity. Many people have submitted a "Approaching regulatory timeframe" request on the telephone calling the National Customer Service Centre. I only did it online because I wanted to submit it at exactly 1 minute past midnight on the 75th day, before I went to bed! I received an immediate, automated email response reading:

Thank you for your request:

USCIS will review and process the request

Expect a reply by September 6, 2016

Your request ID number is SRxxxxxxMSC

19/August/2016: Received response about EAD Service Request online. The email read:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

USCIS National Benefits Center

P.O. Box 648005

Lee's Summit,MO 64002

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Friday, August 19, 2016

Emailed to xxxx

Dear xxxx

On 08/15/2016 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I765

Filing date:

-- xxx

Receipt #:

-- MSC-xxx

Referral ID:

SRxxxxMSC

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

— xxx

Type of service requested:

-- Approaching Regulatory Time Frame

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.

Address Changes: If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online.”

19/August/2016: EAD and AP cases were updated to ‘Name was updated’. Perhaps this is because I submitted all the forms in my new married surname and they had to do some updating it in their system accordingly. Note, I received the same email for the EAD but I’m only including the AP here to avoid duplication.

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On August 19, 2016, we updated your name for your Form I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT, Receipt Number MSCxxxx. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

19/August/2016: A few hours later, my EAD/AP case status updated to “Case was approved”. I believe his was coincidental and that the service request just happened to be responded to the same day as my approval. I received text messages and emails about the approval, and the email read as follows:

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On August 19, 2016, we approved your Form I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT, Receipt Number MSCxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

23/August/2016: Approval notices for I-765 and I-131 were received in the mail. EAD and AP case statuses still read as "Case was approved"

24/August/2016: My EAD case status updated to “Card was mailed to me”. This basically meant that the card was ready for the United States Postal Service to send to me, but it *hadn’t* been picked up yet (hence why the email didn’t include a USPS tracking number). I received no update for the AP which still read as "Case was approved".

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 24, 2016, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by September 23, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

25/August2016: My EAD case staus was updated to “Card was picked up by USPS”. This basically means that USPS now had collected the card from USCIS. Notably, the email was supposed to have tracking number but this was listed as 'UNAVAILABLE'. Other people has mentioned that the tracking number was correctly there and that they could put it into the USPS tracking website. I received no update for the AP which still read as "Case was approved".

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 25, 2016, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxx. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is UNAVAILABLE. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Even though the email didn't contain the tracking number, I found it out because I had signed up to My USPS which alerts me when any packages with a tracking number are en-route to our house (the EAD/AP package was sent by USCIS with the 'USPS 2-day with tracking' product so hence it had a tracking number came up in the USPS Dashboard system; it wouldn't have come up if it had just been sent without tracking). Although you can set MyUSPS to text/email you, I also download an app onto my iPhone which would alert me when something happened with my card, i.e. that it had arrived at one of the USPS facilities en-route to me.

30/August/2016: The card arrived at my house and the USCIS Case Tracker updated my EAD Case Status to "Card was delivered to me". The card was delivered 6 days after the "Card was mailed to me" messages, and 5 days after the "Card was picked up by the USPS message. As mentioned, I was able to track the EAD/AP package via the USPS customer package tracking system. Here is what the USPS tracking system updated to (in reverse chronological order). Annoyingly, it went "out for delivery" on August 29th but wasn't delivered until the next day on August 30t:

August 30, 2016. 1:40 pm Delivered, In/At Mailbox BOSTON, MA
August 29, 2016. 9:08 pm ?. 12 hours since out for delivery
August 29, 2016. 9:08 am Out for Delivery BOSTON, MA
August 29, 2016. 8:08 am Sorting Complete BOSTON, MA
August 29, 2016. 7:38 am Arrived at Post Office BOSTON, MA
August 28, 2016. 9:58 pm Arrived at USPS Destination Facility NASHUA, NH 03063
August 27, 2016. 12:51 am Departed USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
August 26, 2016. 6:49 pm Arrived at USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
August 25, 2016. 9:15 pm Departed USPS Facility KNOXVILLE, TN 37950
August 25, 2016. 6:49 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility KNOXVILLE, TN 37950
August 25, 2016. 5:34 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility CORBIN, KY 40701
August 25, 2016. 4:11 pm Shipment Accepted CORBIN, KY 40701
August 25, 2016. Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
Postal Product Features: Priority Mail™ USPS Tracking® Up to $100 insurance included

Anyway, the card arrived and it was a combo card which contained the card itself and a small slip of paper describing the purpose of AP. Even today, a couple of weeks after the EAD/AP combo card was delivered, my AP case still reads as "Case was approved" so I guess it'll never change - this chimes with others' experiences too.

I hope that my more detailed timeline helps some people, obviously your experiences may differ but this might help :) My online status shows my I-485 AOS approval with no interview so I'll put together a timeline like this once (if!) I have the card in hand.

Love to all,

Simon

Edited by simonschus

Just got update for GreenCard - card was mailed to me! So nice to finally get more movement! :) Good luck to all the others!

YAYYY, amazing news!!

Awesome pinbak!!! Congratulations :) :) :) soon we will all be partying here haha

And Simon, great job on the timeline you created!!! Thank you for sharing :) :)

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Congratulation pinbak!!!

2016-06-06 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox
2016-06-08 Package received
2016-06-13 check cashed
2016-06-14 NOA1 email messages received
2016-06-17 received 3 NOA1 hard copies
2016-06-28 Biometrics, completed, walk-in
2016-07-05 Only EAD receipt showing up online

2016-07-26 All 3 receipts showing up online

2016-08-25 SR filed for EAD

2016-08-26 SR was assigned to an officer

2016-08-27 EAD-New card is being produced

2016-09-03 EAD received!!

2016-12-13 Interview Scheduled

2016-12-15 Approved!!

2016-12-19 Approval Notice received in the mail

2016-12-22 Green Card received

Can I just b*** about how frustrated and crazy annoyed I am!!! It's been over 2 weeks now since my EAD & AP were approved. Yet there is no change in my status and nothing in the mail either. Some of you have been approved after me and already received the combo card in the mail. ... grrrrrr ? I'm telling you, they hand-picked my application and put it aside on purpose!!!

AOS from K-1

06/06/2016 - Married

06/12/2016 - AOS filed

06/13/2016 - received at Chicago Lockbox [day 0]

06/21/2016 - NOA1 date [day 8]

06/27/2016 - NOA1 hard copy in mail [day 14]

07/01/2016 - Biometrics letter received [day 18]

07/13/2016 - Biometrics appointment [day 30]

08/29/2016 - SR online [day 77] (assigned to officer, response to inquiry sent, and completed all on the same day) => no confirmation email received

09/02/2016 - EAD & AP approval notices in mail (both dated 08/29/2016) [day 81]

All 3 cases online still on 'Case Was Received'
09/29/2016 - 2nd SR online for card to be mailed [day 108]
10/21/2016 - SR (finally) assigned and completed [day 130]
10/24/2016 - new card is being produced [day 133]

10/28/2016 - Infopass appointment [day 137]

10/28/2016 - GC approved - new card is being produced [day 137]

No interview!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Can I just b*** about how frustrated and crazy annoyed I am!!! It's been over 2 weeks now since my EAD & AP were approved. Yet there is no change in my status and nothing in the mail either. Some of you have been approved after me and already received the combo card in the mail. ... grrrrrr ? I'm telling you, they hand-picked my application and put it aside on purpose!!!

i really understand your frustration! it just makes you so worried about if they forgot about you! my card has been stuck on "card was mailed to me" for 2 or 3 days now but myusps still says no packages are on the way to me. a lot of other cases have an update with "card was picked up by the post office" but again, mine doesn't have that. it just makes me wonder if they dropped my envelope wity my card next to the box that goes to the post office or something!

have you tried calling them? if i don't get any updates today or nothing in the mail I am calling them tomorrow cause this waiting game is getting old and I just want it to be over!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

i really understand your frustration! it just makes you so worried about if they forgot about you! my card has been stuck on "card was mailed to me" for 2 or 3 days now but myusps still says no packages are on the way to me. a lot of other cases have an update with "card was picked up by the post office" but again, mine doesn't have that. it just makes me wonder if they dropped my envelope wity my card next to the box that goes to the post office or something!

have you tried calling them? if i don't get any updates today or nothing in the mail I am calling them tomorrow cause this waiting game is getting old and I just want it to be over!

I called them not too long ago, maybe a week or so and they told me it could take up to 2 weeks to produce the card. It's just funny that others get theirs within a week after approval. I'm moreso annoyed with myself that I let this get to me so much. Not like I have a job waiting for me. Besides I'm going on vacation next week.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that they are so inconsistent with what they're doing. Some of us have to wait forever (sometimes for no apparent reason) when others get approved almost instantly. Now don't get me wrong. I am happy for EVERYONE getting their papers, possibly sooner than later. The wait just sucks especially when you know they already approved half of your case, but don't seem to be able to finish what they started!

AOS from K-1

06/06/2016 - Married

06/12/2016 - AOS filed

06/13/2016 - received at Chicago Lockbox [day 0]

06/21/2016 - NOA1 date [day 8]

06/27/2016 - NOA1 hard copy in mail [day 14]

07/01/2016 - Biometrics letter received [day 18]

07/13/2016 - Biometrics appointment [day 30]

08/29/2016 - SR online [day 77] (assigned to officer, response to inquiry sent, and completed all on the same day) => no confirmation email received

09/02/2016 - EAD & AP approval notices in mail (both dated 08/29/2016) [day 81]

All 3 cases online still on 'Case Was Received'
09/29/2016 - 2nd SR online for card to be mailed [day 108]
10/21/2016 - SR (finally) assigned and completed [day 130]
10/24/2016 - new card is being produced [day 133]

10/28/2016 - Infopass appointment [day 137]

10/28/2016 - GC approved - new card is being produced [day 137]

No interview!!

I called them not too long ago, maybe a week or so and they told me it could take up to 2 weeks to produce the card. It's just funny that others get theirs within a week after approval. I'm moreso annoyed with myself that I let this get to me so much. Not like I have a job waiting for me. Besides I'm going on vacation next week.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that they are so inconsistent with what they're doing. Some of us have to wait forever (sometimes for no apparent reason) when others get approved almost instantly. Now don't get me wrong. I am happy for EVERYONE getting their papers, possibly sooner than later. The wait just sucks especially when you know they already approved half of your case, but don't seem to be able to finish what they started!

Hear! hear! Couldn't agree more. I think some of us got sucked into the black hole of someone's apathy at the office.

Spoiler

Adjusting from F-1 with OPT status.

02/17/2016 Married

[d-day] Package for AOS / AP / EAD received by USCIS 06/02/2016

[1 day] Received Date listed on NOA 06/03/2016
[11 days] NOA received 06/13/2016
[18 days] NOA Hardcopies Received 06/20/2016
(Date listed on NOA as send date 06/10/2016)
[23 days] Biometrics Appointment received 06/25/2016
[25 days] Biometrics Taken 06/27/2016
[33 days] Biometrics Appointment Date 07/05/2016
[52 days] tracking numbers start working on myUSCIS 07/25/2016
[61 days] case update on myUSCIS. RFIE sent out 08/03/2016
--- process on hold until reply to RFIE is received ---
[68 days/61 days] send out a reply to RFIE 08/11/2016
[72 days/61 days] USCIS received the reply 08/15/2016
[72 days/61 days] USCIS received the reply 08/15/2016
[106 days/95 days] EAD/AP Approved 09/17/2016
[106 days/95 days] EAD/AP combocard received 10/01/2016
[295 days/284 days] AOS Interview 03/24/2017
[295 days/284 days] AOS Approved 03/24/2017

Spoiler
Application to Remove Conditions.

[d-day] Package for I-751 received by USCIS 02/28/2016
[12 days] Nothing so far NOA 03/12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.