Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Thank you!

Yes, K1 and K2. A couple of things got me worried. First is, we did not not include any proof of "on-going" relationship at all. All I submitted was our wedding pictures. Second, we did not submit the form i-693 - just our vaccine records. So I feel like our application was really "touched by an angel" :)

But you know what they say: If there's no change of status within the first couple of months after submitting your application, then it's most likely approved. :)

Your timeline looks Good and seems like a smooth one beside the lil wait like everyone else has. I didn't submit any evidence for our ongoing relationship. I figure we can submit evidence during interview if needed. Still no update on AOS. I was told by an USCIS rep that my local office is currently working on cases from November still. That we could be waiting for another 7-8 months to hear anything about AOS

Your timeline looks Good and seems like a smooth one beside the lil wait like everyone else has. I didn't submit any evidence for our ongoing relationship. I figure we can submit evidence during interview if needed. Still no update on AOS. I was told by an USCIS rep that my local office is currently working on cases from November still. That we could be waiting for another 7-8 months to hear anything about AOS

Well... we tried to open a joint bank account and my husband tried to add us to his insurance/s, but all were denied since we do not have SS numbers yet. I didn't get one when I arrived because I want all my IDs in my married name, and to avoid all the hassles of name change - personal choice though.

I'm sorry about the wait. Delaware is such a small state, so I figured they do not do a lot of AOS in our local office too. But hey, your glass is half full -- your EAD/AP is approved, right? Being employed is such a good way to keep busy while waiting.

Your good news is coming, too! And it will be sooner than later :)

"God has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Random but I was told today that my I-485 is currently waiting to be adjudicated in Boise, Idaho. Still shows as at NBC on the USCIS, much like others have described here when their case is transferred. I live nowhere near haha, several states away.

I am hopeful that such a move indicates an interview waiver. I guess I shall wait for something to happen, perhaps several months.

Simon

Edited by simonschus

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

WOOT!!! Super happy today, we have our interview date for Oct 14th :D SSN should arrive any day now then I need to reassemble the tree file with extra bits and bobs. Our Son dropped a full sippy on to my old laptop and killed the hard drive so I have to redo it all. But it's something to do to keep me busy til then.

Buzz hang in there buddy, it'll be your turn soon hon. :)

*happy happy* :dancing::dance:

Oh, Simon, make sure they have your zip code correct. They tried to send us to Idaho Falls for biometrics cause they had the zip code wrong.

event.png

Oh, Simon, make sure they have your zip code correct. They tried to send us to Idaho Falls for biometrics cause they had the zip code wrong.

They have our ZIP code correct, and we had our biometrics originally in an office right next to our ZIP code. I think it is just a workload issue, transferring cases to random field offices where possible. I'm not concerned at this possible as it has been reported by others here. I have my EAD/AP so I'm set in the interim.

Despite the AP/EAD, the annoying thing I'm contending with at the moment is the long-term nature of jobs in my field. I'm wanting to apply for a job with a closing date of November 2016 (i.e. this year). The job doesn't start until September 2017. That is after my EAD expires! I'm aware I'd likely get the Green Card by then (or could reapply for an extension to my EAD 3 months prior anyway). The job probably wouldn't entertain hiring me with that uncertainty. I think the start date being so far away means that it'd avoid the legal requirement of employers to make hiring decisions that don't discriminate between EAD vs. Green Card vs Citizenship. Instead, I think the employer might be able to legitimately argue that my EAD wouldn't be "current" at the time they'd expect me to start the job.

Luckily, I'm already working as I had something lined up - this is just something annoying about how the 'transitional' status of AOS can make planning difficult in the medium- to long-term.

Simon.

Edited by simonschus

Random but I was told today that my I-485 is currently waiting to be adjudicated in Boise, Idaho. Still shows as at NBC on the USCIS, much like others have described here when their case is transferred. I live nowhere near haha, several states away.

I am hopeful that such a move indicates an interview waiver. I guess I shall wait for something to happen, perhaps several months.

Simon

Simon

how do you know that your case was transferred? did you call?

my status shows case ready to be scheduled an interview since July 26th.

and here in San Diego they are processing AoS of November 2015 :crying:

I was hoping for and interview waiver,but from what I am reading in the forums all the people who got the interview waived had their status at fingerprints received until the approval?

2016-06-06 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox
2016-06-08 Package received
2016-06-13 check cashed
2016-06-14 NOA1 email messages received
2016-06-17 received 3 NOA1 hard copies
2016-06-28 Biometrics, completed, walk-in
2016-07-05 Only EAD receipt showing up online

2016-07-26 All 3 receipts showing up online

2016-08-25 SR filed for EAD

2016-08-26 SR was assigned to an officer

2016-08-27 EAD-New card is being produced

2016-09-03 EAD received!!

2016-12-13 Interview Scheduled

2016-12-15 Approved!!

2016-12-19 Approval Notice received in the mail

2016-12-22 Green Card received

Simon

how do you know that your case was transferred? did you call?

my status shows case ready to be scheduled an interview since July 26th.

and here in San Diego they are processing AoS of November 2015 :crying:

I was hoping for and interview waiver,but from what I am reading in the forums all the people who got the interview waived had their status at fingerprints received until the approval?

I called :) For my I-485, I'm still showing as "Fingerprint fee received" and the last update is still 26/July/2016. Others have reported finding this transfer information out from a Tier 2 agent.

WOOT!!! Super happy today, we have our interview date for Oct 14th :D SSN should arrive any day now then I need to reassemble the tree file with extra bits and bobs. Our Son dropped a full sippy on to my old laptop and killed the hard drive so I have to redo it all. But it's something to do to keep me busy til then.

[...]

Excellent news :) :) :) :) :)

Timeline

Despite the AP/EAD, the annoying thing I'm contending with at the moment is the long-term nature of jobs in my field. I'm wanting to apply for a job with a closing date of November 2016 (i.e. this year). The job doesn't start until September 2017. That is after my EAD expires! I'm aware I'd likely get the Green Card by then (or could reapply for an extension to my EAD 3 months prior anyway). The job probably wouldn't entertain hiring me with that uncertainty. I think the start date being so far away means that it'd avoid the legal requirement of employers to make hiring decisions that don't discriminate between EAD vs. Green Card vs Citizenship. Instead, I think the employer might be able to legitimately argue that my EAD wouldn't be "current" at the time they'd expect me to start the job.

Luckily, I'm already working as I had something lined up - this is just something annoying about how the 'transitional' status of AOS can make planning difficult in the medium- to long-term.

Simon.

So just don't tell them. Don't ####### up your chances cause you don't know either way, you'll only kick yourself if you have everything by then and you didn't apply. Immigration is as unpredictable as military life sometimes it seems.

event.png

As part of the process, no doubt they'll ask for proof of my work authorization, most likely at the same time as they conduct the interviews (likely in December this year). I'm going to apply anyway, hopefully will get an interview for it, but it is just an annoying issue haha.

Timeline

As part of the process, no doubt they'll ask for proof of my work authorization, most likely at the same time as they conduct the interviews (likely in December this year). I'm going to apply anyway, hopefully will get an interview for it, but it is just an annoying issue haha.

I'm sure you'll be just fine hon :) Where's your field office up to with cases?

event.png

Where's your field office up to with cases?

According to the USCIS processing time website, the Boise Idaho field office is up up to October 31st 2015 (latest update, as of June 30th 2016). Extrapolating from that, they should be processing January 2016 at the very least so maybe an interview 5 months from now. Maybe, it'll be faster or maybe it won't. I'll just trundle along :)

Simon.

I called :) For my I-485, I'm still showing as "Fingerprint fee received" and the last update is still 26/July/2016. Others have reported finding this transfer information out from a Tier 2 agent.

Excellent news :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you Simon!! I will call them!

Congratulation Ischnura!!!

2016-06-13 check cashed

2016-12-15 Approved!!

Thanks.... I'm trying :) Edited by buzzz223

AOS from K-1

06/06/2016 - Married

06/12/2016 - AOS filed

06/13/2016 - received at Chicago Lockbox [day 0]

06/21/2016 - NOA1 date [day 8]

06/27/2016 - NOA1 hard copy in mail [day 14]

07/01/2016 - Biometrics letter received [day 18]

07/13/2016 - Biometrics appointment [day 30]

08/29/2016 - SR online [day 77] (assigned to officer, response to inquiry sent, and completed all on the same day) => no confirmation email received

09/02/2016 - EAD & AP approval notices in mail (both dated 08/29/2016) [day 81]

All 3 cases online still on 'Case Was Received'
09/29/2016 - 2nd SR online for card to be mailed [day 108]
10/21/2016 - SR (finally) assigned and completed [day 130]
10/24/2016 - new card is being produced [day 133]

10/28/2016 - Infopass appointment [day 137]

10/28/2016 - GC approved - new card is being produced [day 137]

No interview!!

CONGRATULATIONS Ischnura! Great news :)

I have something to WOOT about too, so happy! My EAD/AP card came in today just before going to the airport!

Nothing to worry about anymore, I was a bit worried it might get lost in the mail if we'd had to forward it to Europe.

So, for those out there who wonder how long it takes from the day they say they send the card out and the receive date: the update on sending the card out was made September 7 and it came in today. Maybe it was a bit faster than normal as I requested an expedite on my AP but it came in a Priority envelope like the others have said it came in to them. So I think it's normal mailing time :)

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

CONGRATULATIONS Ischnura! Great news :)

I have something to WOOT about too, so happy! My EAD/AP card came in today just before going to the airport!

Nothing to worry about anymore, I was a bit worried it might get lost in the mail if we'd had to forward it to Europe.

So, for those out there who wonder how long it takes from the day they say they send the card out and the receive date: the update on sending the card out was made September 7 and it came in today. Maybe it was a bit faster than normal as I requested an expedite on my AP but it came in a Priority envelope like the others have said it came in to them. So I think it's normal mailing time :)

so Happy for you Soley!!

enjoy your trip!!

2016-06-13 check cashed

2016-12-15 Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.