mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
On 1/28/2017 at 8:17 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Not totally correct.  You can file for citizenship in your 3rd year of being an LPR as long as u r still married to the same US Citizen.

So I've been married since Sept 2013 while I was on F-1 Visa. I got my green card on 09/2014

When do I qualify to apply for citizenship?

7 minutes ago, Togovi said:

So I've been married since Sept 2013 while I was on F-1 Visa. I got my green card on 09/2014

When do I qualify to apply for citizenship?

90 days before your 3rd anniversary as a Green Card holder. If you got in September 2014, you can apply in June 2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mineira said:

90 days before your 3rd anniversary as a Green Card holder. If you got in September 2014, you can apply in June 2017

O ok. Thanks

Hi everyone - I filled my I751 on 6/25 (received 6/27, biometrics 7/21). I still haven't heard anything like most of you. Do you think they are holding on because of changes in the new administration? Have you taken any actions to check on the status of your petition? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi there boys and girls. We submitted on june and, as almost 100% of June filers, haven't heard anything after bio noa. It appears uscis came to a sudden hault in November. Do you guys believe it has something to do with the new administration? I read on the May thread there's still people waiting..

Any thoughts?

11 hours ago, WinnfieldJules said:

Hi there boys and girls. We submitted on june and, as almost 100% of June filers, haven't heard anything after bio noa. It appears uscis came to a sudden hault in November. Do you guys believe it has something to do with the new administration? I read on the May thread there's still people waiting..

Any thoughts?

It seems they were on hold for a few months yes... I called yesterday and was told new processing times should be uploaded today. Things started to move again for May fillers last week so hopefully it's coming to June soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, WinnfieldJules said:

Any thoughts?

Yeah it's quite surprising how for about 3 months (since November), USCIS hasn't progressed from processing May applications. I'm not even hopeful we will hear anything this month. Most likely April or May. The process has suddenly come to a halt. There are a lot of things happening regarding immigration and the federal government so I won't be surprised if the sudden slowness has anything to do with the new Administration.

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fenrir1702 said:

It seems they were on hold for a few months yes... I called yesterday and was told new processing times should be uploaded today. Things started to move again for May fillers last week so hopefully it's coming to June soon. 

Morning, and thanks for the input. That's actually good news! Let's just hope they make good on it...its getting kinda hard to believe whatever theyre saying these days..fingers crossed :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, MaleAlpha said:

Yeah it's quite surprising how for about 3 months (since November), USCIS hasn't progressed from processing May applications. I'm not even hopeful we will hear anything this month. Most likely April or May. The process has suddenly come to a halt. There are a lot of things happening regarding immigration and the federal government so I won't be surprised if the sudden slowness has anything to do with the new Administration.

Our thoughts as well. But then, as Fenir said earlier, it seems they are getting back to business and said there will be an update today regarding processing times (CSC)...lets wait and see, hope its true..

1 hour ago, MaleAlpha said:

5 hours ago, WinnfieldJules said:

So much for the processing times update. Still stuck at may 14 after almost 3 months, :mellow:

They haven't updated. The last time they posted "new" dates was Jan 25. (Bottom right corner). While it does look like they're still cleaning up May, there may be more updates to the USCIS website around the 25th of this month. That's usually when they update. 

I know that doesn't help... it's frustrating to wait and wait and have no information about what in heaven's name could be taking so long! I wish they were a little more transparent.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

VSC is still in la la land so be thankful CSC is in May.

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline
3 hours ago, SherryandDaniel said:

VSC is still in la la land so be thankful CSC is in May.

Hence the quote "although far behind".

Besides, why should we be thankful for being stuck for 3 months? VSC is currently approving way (WAY) faster than CSC (just check the approvals on January). If the delay keeps on - and considering the gap - we should be together pretty soon.   

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Does anybody have updates?

My process has been pending in Vermont for 9 months. (arrived there at 06/07/2016 and they are still working on Dec 2015 applications)
I saw in another post that people are sending their citizenship forms to force USCIS to approve their I-751. Last time I called USCIS they said I cannot apply for citizenship with a pending petition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.