mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Long-time reader, first time poster. I'm glad we're not the only ones going through this long wait but we're still waiting on approval or denial. We filed and our application date is set as 6/28/2016 with no plans for applying for citizenship.

What makes it particularly hard is that my wife has been denied a driver's license because in Mississippi, she needs to have a green card in order to get a driver's license (at least that's what the lady at the office told us). Has anyone else had any problems with this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 6:03 PM, cazzers said:

I assume i751 was approved because I had the n400 interview right after the i751 interview. However, on the website I still have the status from April, "dob updated". I don't think she would've had the n400 interview if we didn't pass the i751 interview first. Oath is scheduled for oct 4 and the n400 interview was fairly easy. Asked about my past addresses, jobs, trips outside us, the 6 civic questions, reading and writing and then those questions from n400, you know - have you committed any crimes bla bla. She asked if I have any more evidence that I want to submit since roc and then she gave me a slip that said that a decision cannot be made at this time. That was on aug 30. And only yesterday I got my oath letter. Overall, it was a very friendly and pleaseant experience. 

Edit to add that she asked about the taxes, so if anyone here wants to apply for citizenship, make sure you have your taxes filed. 

Wow, congratulations. Your long wait will finally be over in 2 weeks, amazing. It is interesting that they have not officially notified your 751 approval, they had to have approved your 751, i have a feeling you might get an update later by receiving duplicated messages, but anyway, congratulations. My 751 and 400 are both pending and have been waiting for 751 for almost 1 years and 2 months, oh god, i can't wait to get that oath letter as well, but it is going to be a while.

2 hours ago, Bruce3 said:

Long-time reader, first time poster. I'm glad we're not the only ones going through this long wait but we're still waiting on approval or denial. We filed and our application date is set as 6/28/2016 with no plans for applying for citizenship.

What makes it particularly hard is that my wife has been denied a driver's license because in Mississippi, she needs to have a green card in order to get a driver's license (at least that's what the lady at the office told us). Has anyone else had any problems with this?

Yes, this is such a frustrating process. And there are several states that won't allow a driver's licence without proof of status. However, if you get an Infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in your wife's unexpired passport, that stamp serves as a green card. (I-551 is also the official name for the green card) Once you have that, go back to the DMV and she should be able to get a driver's license that is at least good until the stamp expires. If the person at the DMV won't accept the stamp, feel free to escalate to his/her supervisor, since the stamp is, in the eyes of federal law, exactly equivalent to a green card.

You can get an infopass here. (depending on where you live you may need to go to this site just after midnight to find available appointment times)

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Hi guys - I received an RFE asking mostly for financial information. I will send our tax returns, utility bills, car insurance. Initially I also sent bank statement of our joint account but we never used it so there is no transaction history. I don't think sending new statements still with no history will satisfy. Any advice / recommendations? Thanks  

6 minutes ago, Fenrir1702 said:

Hi guys - I received an RFE asking mostly for financial information. I will send our tax returns, utility bills, car insurance. Initially I also sent bank statement of our joint account but we never used it so there is no transaction history. I don't think sending new statements still with no history will satisfy. Any advice / recommendations? Thanks  

Do you have anything else you use jointly? (Credit cards, etc) If so, statements from that will work. I'd still send a few more statements (even with no activity) that at least prove the account is still open. You might even send copies of statements from whatever accounts you use that at least show you as having the same address.

Also, send a letter explaining that you mostly keep your banking separate, maybe with some explanation of how you make that work for you as a couple. Lots of people have separate bank accounts, especially if they were both banking in the US before the marriage. Worst case you'll maybe get an interview. Try not to worry about it; just send what you have, and send some kind of explanation for what you don't.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

20 hours ago, John Winchester said:

June 3rd filer, just checked my mail box and found the approval letter. USCIS website is still blank with no activity.  Long wait of 15 months came to an end finally. Those who are still waiting just be patient. Good luck to all.

When should I apply for citizenship, I have not received the physical card, just the approval letter. Please someone guide on this matter please. 

Congrats!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, June27 said:

Hi VJ, 

I wonder if they mail the card from the local office or from the service center... Thank you VJ family ☺

service center

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

A Quick question. When you file online inquiry after your NOA falls within processing dates, they give you a service request number and a latest date you will hear from them. 

What is your experience about the date they provided on the service request. Did you get your approvals by that date? This question goes more to filers whose NOW is date prior to 6/20 and have filed SR last month.

It will be great to hear your experience with Service request.

No one has even posted here for three days.  : (  That really is sad that no progress seems to have been made for the remaining June filers. I hope there's some good news soon.

Signature.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rpaterson said:

No one has even posted here for three days.  : (  That really is sad that no progress seems to have been made for the remaining June filers. I hope there's some good news soon.

I was thinking same. I see there are 19 July CSC filers approved out of 53 and yet CSC has still not finished all June applications.  Quite terrible considering it will be 15 months in a few days.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I pray you get your approvals really soon!

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

31 minutes ago, MaleAlpha said:

I was thinking same. I see there are 19 July CSC filers approved out of 53 and yet CSC has still not finished all June applications.  Quite terrible considering it will be 15 months in a few days.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I pray you get your approvals really soon!

Was just thinking same thing. Sucks right?

I've filed another out of normal processing request. I'll see what happens..... 

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

Was just thinking same thing. Sucks right?

I've filed another out of normal processing request. I'll see what happens..... 

How to file out of normal processing request.. If you a link pls help 

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, Fenrir1702 said:

You also might want to send 3 affidavits from your friends/family. Not just formal few words. My friends described the circumstances of how we met, what we have in common, their observations of us as a couple and why they think we match. The affidavits were some kind of very warm, so that people on the other end would feel that we are humans the same as they are. While not guaranteed, it might be a key factor in making a favorable decision.

38 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

How to file out of normal processing request.. If you a link pls help 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt

Hope this helps - they won't accept it if your NOA is after July 5th 2016

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.