mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hungandnu said:

Don't worry because my NOA 05/19/2016. I'm still waiting.

Yeah, or we can worry together haha. Sorry to hear, I truly am!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, jexusjane said:

So I did a case inquiry a while back with no response. Called USCIS about 2 weeks ago and was told that after my inquiry my case was assigned to an officer and I should hear back by June 30th. Haven't heard from them. So I scheduled my infopass for today and they told me it is pending, but mentioned that my i751 is now in the same folder as my N-400. 

I guess my i751 will now be forever delayed. I was so close lol, my NOA is 06/08/16 and most of you guys are already approved. I filled N400 on 06/08/17, NOA 06/13/17. 

Go figure :(

You will be approved eventually, it just requires patience. At least your NOA date aligns with the late processing times update. None of July or August filers have even been touched by any adjudicators. Hang in there, keep us posted. Your approval is looming, and you know it. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

3 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

You will be approved eventually, it just requires patience. At least your NOA date aligns with the late processing times update. None of July or August filers have even been touched by any adjudicators. Hang in there, keep us posted. Your approval is looming, and you know it. Good luck.

Thank you so much for an uplifting message!

I will keep you all posted for sure 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, jexusjane said:

Thank you so much for an uplifting message!

I will keep you all posted for sure 😊

Welcome. I have conceded to the point where I expect my 751 and 400 to be approved concurrently when the 400 interview is available, and if anything comes before that, it will be a pleasant surprise..

11 hours ago, DoroBoss said:

Definitely. Uscis is a federal entity. As long as it's just a stamp, any local office across the country should be able to take care of that. It's comprehensible that doesn't play out when it comes to state ID or license or other things within any state's jurisdiction, but we are talking about a federal Id. Therefore, any local office across the country should be able to give you the required stamp on your passport. 

Thanks for the info. I have the appt for the 17th unless I hear back sooner (i doubt it), I will report back as to how the appt goes.

Thanks All and good luck to everyone!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

Welcome. I have conceded to the point where I expect my 751 and 400 to be approved concurrently when the 400 interview is available, and if anything comes before that, it will be a pleasant surprise..

Same expectation here  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/30/2017 at 1:54 PM, US lover said:

Heads up to those who are filing N400 before i751, this MIGHT become the case for you too: 

I made an inquiry with my senators office. I just heard back today. Here's the message she received from CSC

"The petition has been reviewed by an adjudication officer and, unfortunately, was not able to be immediately approved.  Since your constituent has recently filed an application for citizenship, her A-file was forwarded to the National Benefits Center in Missouri on June 29, 2017.  The I-751 petition and the N-400 will be combined into the same A-file; any and all impediments to the completion of the I-751 will be resolved with the local USCIS Field Office along with the processing of the N-400.  The combining of the two Forms is a common occurrence when the applicant has both an I-751 petition and an N-400 application pending and the I-751 cannot be immediately approved upon first review by an adjudication officer."

Is this what happens to those who get an RFE? I wonder how much longer this will take now that I have to wait for N400... 

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I filed my 751 in may last year at csc, no decision so far but I filed n400 in April this year, so it might be the same situation. I am in line for an interview for n400, so hopefully it won't be long now. Will come back to update once I hear something. 

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, cazzers said:

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I filed my 751 in may last year at csc, no decision so far but I filed n400 in April this year, so it might be the same situation. I am in line for an interview for n400, so hopefully it won't be long now. Will come back to update once I hear something. 

You are in my prayers and i am pretty positive you will get your approval pretty soon. Kindly keep us updated about your process. I believe with this slow processing of I-751 I would file N-400 before ROC approval when i become eligible for the filing. Your insight would be very helpful, Thanks 

Timeline
3 hours ago, mcdull said:

Same expectation here  

I guess we just have to adjust our minds to deal with this ridiculously long process and think of the bigger picture..

Does anyone know if I need to notify the USCIS for a change of phone number?

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Hi, I just have a question. How do I know when to get passport stamp, sorry guys I just have no idea. I don't know the 1 year extension letter will expire, was it based on the date of our green card? And is it ok if I file N400 anytime I'm eligible even it takes months or years? Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, J&E2013 said:

Hi, I just have a question. How do I know when to get passport stamp, sorry guys I just have no idea. I don't know the 1 year extension letter will expire, was it based on the date of our green card? And is it ok if I file N400 anytime I'm eligible even it takes months or years? Thanks 

General wisdom seems to be to get an appointment for your stamp a month before your extension runs out. There is confusion over the expiration of the extension letter. Most seem to agree that it extends the green card's expiration date by one year, but some (including some USCIS sources, and also DMVs) have been adamant that the extension expires one year from the date on the letter. You can find a lot more discussion on this topic by searching VJ, or probably even reading back through this thread.

There is no hurry to file N400. You can file as soon as your window opens, or wait several months, or even years, or never do it at all (i.e. just renew your green card ever 10 years). As long as you have fulfilled the eligibility requirements at the time of filing (based on the immediately preceding 3 or 5 years, depending if you're filing based on marriage or not), you can go for it.

27 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

General wisdom seems to be to get an appointment for your stamp a month before your extension runs out. There is confusion over the expiration of the extension letter. Most seem to agree that it extends the green card's expiration date by one year, but some (including some USCIS sources, and also DMVs) have been adamant that the extension expires one year from the date on the letter. You can find a lot more discussion on this topic by searching VJ, or probably even reading back through this thread.

There is no hurry to file N400. You can file as soon as your window opens, or wait several months, or even years, or never do it at all (i.e. just renew your green card ever 10 years). As long as you have fulfilled the eligibility requirements at the time of filing (based on the immediately preceding 3 or 5 years, depending if you're filing based on marriage or not), you can go for it.

Thanks AK for the info, I know it's confusing that's why I don't know when to get passport stamp coz I don't know if I should follow the extension letter or the green card. And until now I'm waiting for the update on my rfe that I send back to VSC on 6/24 which is sucks coz I don't want hassle to go to local office and get passport stamp and thinking maybe I'll wait for the update on my ROC hoping it won't take long before my gc or extension letter expires so that I don't need to get stamp. 

About the N400 it's based on 3 yrs married on the same USC, and eligible to file last month June 21 but I don't know when I can apply so I was thinking if it's ok to file anytime, but thanks for the info atleast I know now :)

Edited by J&E2013

i waited so long and now i am planing to apply  citizenship. it has been now 13 months since i filed my removal condition and still seems like will take another 3-4 months  . and i also found about citizenship will take another year then it is good to file while wait for green card.any suggestion you guys regarding this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.