mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, NevadaLily said:

Same page where you check for date updates for VSC and CSC....here is the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ptAllFormsAverage.do

It just keeps getting longer and longer every year.

N-400 Timeline San Francisco field office (Marriage with an US citizen and 3 year of LPR):

ELIS: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

EGOV: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

08/15/2017 (day 000): N-400 application was filed online on ELIS

08/22/2017 (day 007): Biometrics appointment was scheduled for 9/8/2017 

08/28/2017 (day 013): Early walk-in biometrics was completed

01/03/2018 (day 141): Interview appointment was scheduled for 2/6/2018

02/06/2018 (day 175): Interview was completed and the case was recommended for approval

02/12/2018 (day 181): Oath ceremony was scheduled for 3/15/2018

03/15/2018 (day 214): Oath ceremony was competed and I am an US citizen!

56 minutes ago, bowser61 said:

Thank you! I've not been too anxious about the wait, but seeing the "as of" date overtake my NOA date is testing my patience :\

You need to submit an inquiry now!

Edited by observatorka

16 minutes ago, observatorka said:

Could you please tell me how? My application was accepted on June 8th...thanks

Edited by jexusjane

29 minutes ago, observatorka said:

I figured out how to do it, but it wont let me submit the inquiry saying the from number does not match?? I chose i751, it is also mentioned sometimes as CRI-89, but its not an option in the drop down menu. Any help is appreciated ;) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ingrid29 said:

Im a late july filer and i kind of evaluated the june trending. Of course there are exceptions but the waiting is about a year or so. I cant wait to be over this. 

To think that (though it doesn't help) last year, after 6 months one of my auntie got her approval... Oh well. 

Early August filer here. It is not very encouraging that it took the entire month just to move 2 days worth of applications, but it was as of 4/30, so maybe we will be coming close soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, qaszxc1234 said:

It just keeps getting longer and longer every year.

Just to be hopeful, maybe USCIS will process the ones that have been waiting for almost a year to indefinite blockage.

2 hours ago, NevadaLily said:

Interestingly, Historical Processing Times page  was updated too... they now say i751 takes 344 days on average  to adjudicate...

As per the historical Processing Times, the 344 days was for September 30, 2016, and last page updated was on February 15, 2017.

Meaning that as of today those 344 days are more (which fit with more of our situation, over a year.

Anyway I don't trust in any USCIS date, is simply a luck with them.

16 minutes ago, SloGuy said:

As per the historical Processing Times, the 344 days was for September 30, 2016, and last page updated was on February 15, 2017.

Meaning that as of today those 344 days are more (which fit with more of our situation, over a year.

Anyway I don't trust in any USCIS date, is simply a luck with them.

I'm not sure why it says 'last updated Feb'.... Yesterday it's said 180 days, so the latest update was definitely today :-)

Oh well. It's a waiting game regardless, and there is not much we can do. But also, since we can travel and work freely, I understand why USCIS doesn't think it's that bug of a deal (no matter how endlessly irritating that position is)...

7 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Having to wait in a room for hours is hardly a trivial thing. And you only have to meet a CBP agent in a bad mood and it could get much worse. Yet another reason why these delays are unacceptable.  I am not recommending panicking, but you should escalate your situation by all means available to you.

Jim

Jim, I have been in that secondary room, and yes it's a pain. But I'm going to emphasise the point, again, that legally, your status during this process is not an issue - unless you have something questionable on your record, like committed a crime whilst absent etc - USCIS emphasise you remain a LPR until your case is adjudicated. 

So I really must ask you to not scaremonger about "CBP agent in a bad mood" statements. 

This isn't a CBP front line agent call. And anyone who has spent time in "secondary" processing, like me who has, knows that usually the officers in secondary are way more reasonable, and want to understand your case and judge it fairly, and also have access to your full case status, because if not it goes to an immigration judge, which is a way more serious matter. 

If anyone has had a CBP officer "on a bad day" in secondary I would like to hear about it, because in my many years of CBP secondary (in Miami) I have yet to encounter an unreasonable officer. Annoying experience yes, but unreasonable - not yet. 

Jim, I respect all your opinions, and hear your frustrations, but we need to post factual experiences, rather than what might happen with a "CBP officer having a bad day" 

unless you can tell us an experience that shows me wrong. Then I'll eat my hat, (if made of bacon, with chilli sauce ahaha) 

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

4 minutes ago, NevadaLily said:

...I understand why USCIS doesn't think it's that bug of a deal (no matter how endlessly irritating that position is)...

Removal of Conditions is not just filling out a form and paying a fee.  You CAN be denied. Why do you think USCIS asks for all that supporting documentation?  It's a mistake to assume you 'have it made'.

JIm

11 minutes ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Removal of Conditions is not just filling out a form and paying a fee.  You CAN be denied. Why do you think USCIS asks for all that supporting documentation?  It's a mistake to assume you 'have it made'.

JIm

Yeah you are right Jim, but the bit lots of you keep missing is until they make their final decision, you are, and remain a LPR. 

So lots of fretting during the process is wasted energy. Your status doesn't change. 

I get the frustration at the process, but legally nothing changes until the final decision. 

How many times does this have to be emphasized? 

Edited by Teknodude
Typo

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

5 hours ago, Axis said:

The officer said this is likely to take 2 years now, so wait for another year...I hope we wasn't serious. ANyway, just wanted to share my experience. 

2 years? This seriously makes me sad. I remember when they said possibly 1-1.5 years and I didn't believe them. Now that we are 1 year and counting, I think 2 years might not be so far fetched after all.... 

Edited by US lover

27 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

Jim, I have been in that secondary room, and yes it's a pain. But I'm going to emphasise the point, again, that legally, your status during this process is not an issue - unless you have something questionable on your record, like committed a crime whilst absent etc - USCIS emphasise you remain a LPR until your case is adjudicated. 

So I really must ask you to not scaremonger about "CBP agent in a bad mood" statements. 

This isn't a CBP front line agent call. And anyone who has spent time in "secondary" processing, like me who has, knows that usually the officers in secondary are way more reasonable, and want to understand your case and judge it fairly, and also have access to your full case status, because if not it goes to an immigration judge, which is a way more serious matter. 

If anyone has had a CBP officer "on a bad day" in secondary I would like to hear about it, because in my many years of CBP secondary (in Miami) I have yet to encounter an unreasonable officer. Annoying experience yes, but unreasonable - not yet. 

Jim, I respect all your opinions, and hear your frustrations, but we need to post factual experiences, rather than what might happen with a "CBP officer having a bad day" 

unless you can tell us an experience that shows me wrong. Then I'll eat my hat, (if made of bacon, with chilli sauce ahaha) 

Techno, I get that you are a savvy navigator of the immigration process, afraid of nothing. My wife, however, is not. She is the one who will disappear into that room for x number of hours while I try to comfort our 18-month old daughter that mommy is going to be okay and she will be back soon to nurse her.  My wife will be the person who will be wondering why she is being interrogated when she has done nothing but try to follow the K-1 visa process as honestly as possible.  She won't be comforted knowing that her status is 'secure' and that she can escalated this to an immigration judge. She will be terrified. 

USCIS and CBP can do whatever they want to ME, it's when my family starts to get impacted that I lose my sense of humor. And my patience. 

Oh, and read this: https://www.feld.com/archives/2013/03/the-joy-of-being-detained-by-u-s-customs-and-border-protection.html

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree. 

Jim

32 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

I get the frustration at the process, but legally nothing changes until the final decision. 

How many times does this have to be emphasized? 

I don't want to wait up to 2 years to hear the 'final decision', especially when friends filed a month earlier than us and got theirs in 6 months. If my wife is not going to be given permanent residency we have to start working on Plan B.  We are in limbo until we know. 

I get the feeling that no matter how many times I emphasize that you won't get it. 

Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.