mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

So what could be the reason? 

A dumb one lol

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MaleAlpha said:

A dumb one lol

I am glad people who filed to Vermont are getting approved, but it has stated to piss me off that CSC has not been even moving for 2 months worth of load since December. And there is nothing we can do about it. 

My House representative in Congress pinged USCIS about our status and got the following reply:

Thank you for your inquiry to California Service Center (CSC) Congressional Unit.

Our records confirm that your constituent’s case was received on June 13, 2016 and is within normal processing time. Currently, CSC is processing I-751 (Removal of conditions on the CPR status) cases that were received on or before June 9, 2016.  

If your constituent has an urgent travel need, he/she may schedule a free INFOPASS appointment to visit his local USCIS office. The local USCIS may be able to extend the validity of his/her permanent resident status temporarily to accommodate his/her urgent travel needs. Please go to https://infopass.uscis.gov/ to make your appointment with INFOPASS.

We hope the information provided is helpful.  If we may be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

To their credit, my reps staff is going to follow up in 2-3 weeks. I got promises to help from all 3 of my Congress representatives, so maybe their inquiries might have an effect - eventually.

BTW, I thought it interesting that they mention an 'urgent travel need' as a reason for getting the passport stamp. Normal travel doesn't qualify?

Jim 

Edited by JimmyTheKnife

Just got my passport stamp for an extra year, but they didn't return my green card. Is this normal. Forgot to check until later in the day.

Oh and my NOA is on June 13 2016

They told me worst case scenario I get approved mid july

39 minutes ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

My House representative in Congress pinged USCIS about our status and got the following reply:

To their credit, my reps staff is going to follow up in 2-3 weeks. I got promises to help from all 3 of my Congress representatives, so maybe their inquiries might have an effect - eventually.

BTW, I thought it interesting that they mention an 'urgent travel need' as a reason for getting the passport stamp. Normal travel doesn't qualify?

Jim 

I had the same exact response when my senator inquired last week. The wait continues not even excited about submitting the N400. 

19 minutes ago, andromeda1 said:

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get the physical card after the status changes to "we ordered your new card"? 

I received mine today which is after 4 days of status change. It was very fast process from VSC. I am June 24th filer.

1 hour ago, Mr.Rene said:

Just got my passport stamp for an extra year, but they didn't return my green card. Is this normal. Forgot to check until later in the day.

Oh and my NOA is on June 13 2016

They told me worst case scenario I get approved mid july

Yes, it is common for the GC to be confiscated when one gets the passport stamp. 

We share the same NOA1 date - I hope we both are approved by July!

Jim

I just checked my status today and 

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 20, 2017, we ordered your new card 

VSC filer. NOA 06/16/2016. The status changed today (did not receive notification even though it was set). I don't know what the exact approval date is because I have not received the approval letter yet. I will update the chart once I get the approval letter and the card later in week.

I had an infopass appointment scheduled for June 27th, I'll have to cancel it now. 

So glad the wait is over, now to start the N-400 process.

15 hours ago, J&E2013 said:

Wow congrats, I will send mine this coming Saturday (rfe) I hope I will get approval too. Does the N400 needs to send documents like what we send for AOS or ROC?

Thank you!! Yes, im sent everything with n400 that i send with rfe.

Timeline
6 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Jim 

The response is a waste of time.

17 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

The response is a waste of time.

Perhaps.  It's hard not to get paranoid when Lee Francis Cissna (notoriously anti-immigration) gets appointed head of USCIS and a month later the CSC grinds to a halt. Coincidence? I think not.

Jim

Timeline
2 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Perhaps.  It's hard not to get paranoid when Lee Francis Cissna (notoriously anti-immigration) gets appointed head of USCIS and a month later the CSC grinds to a halt. Coincidence? I think not.

Jim

It was already slowing down before Trump took office. Yeah, I hope not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.