dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2016

1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Husband had his interview in Montreal today. Got the dreaded Administrative Processing. Thank you Congress for assuming that all Iranian males studying engineering are terrorists. :(

The questions the CO asked my husband prove they never even looked at his actual file and that the decision was made before we even showed up; they based everything off his DS-260. He asked if he'd ever been to the US (no), how did he meet me (I started out as his editor for his engineering papers and it grew from there), and why are you studying in Canada (got a scholarship), What are you studying (masters in computer and electrical engineering), What are you working on (identifying abnormal heart rhythms). Didn't ask anything else. Then asked for me to come in to talk about the additional proof he wanted.

They wanted a CV for my husband. Well, he doesn't have one because the only thing he's ever done is be a student. So the CO said to put down everything he's done since he graduated high school including periods of unemployment. So even if we had shown up with a CV it would have to have been redone to basically be a CV format of the g325a.

They also want copies of his thesis proposal and abstracts of his papers. Which we had with us but he wouldn't take because we didn't have the CV so we have to send those in with it.

They also wanted more proof of our relationship (me being previous married, having kids, and being older than my husband is the issue - I'm 8 years older; he's been in relationships with women up to 25 years older than him and never anyone younger so I'm on the younger side of his preference and I look a lot younger than I am...oh, and I can still have more kids - definitely still in that range).

Specifically they're looking for us to have joint financial assets such as debt. He stressed having debt. The problem is that neither of us have any debt other than my student loans which were taken out years ago). So we're being penalized for being financially solvent.

Also said having a will...this is definitely what indicated to me that they never even looked at the USCIS packet: Both of our wills are in there. Plus the powers of attorney for healthcare. Plus a letter from my bank stating I can't add my husband to my account until he's physically present and there are no branches within 1,000 miles of where my husband lives. He's also on the title to my car.

Apparently 3,729 pages of WhatsApp transcripts and phone call records for 353 hours of phone calls over the last year weren't enough. FYI: the officer said they don't put much stock into the chat transcripts because apparently it can be falsely generated. I'm hoping they actually read some of it because it's all very specific and you could easily tell it's not fake). Anyway, they took the chat transcripts. Gave him the white letter that states they're requesting additional proof and the instructions for sending it. Oh, and my 2 year old crying "dada, dada" when I had to take him away from my husband for the interview - yeah - no realtionship there. Arg. I actually wish they had done the Stokes interview instead.

The kids are going to be super disappointed because we would all like for our lives to be taken off pause.

I asked the CO how long this would take and he said that AP is a minimum of 4 weeks but to expect it to take 2 months from the time they receive the additional documentation. Said that so long as the information is turned in within a year then we don't have to come back to the consulate. Returned his passport because husband needs it for his student visa.

Could have been worse. Could have been denied outright. Could have requested a lot more information about his family, etc. CEAC already shows AP. Let the fun begin. :)

Hopefully the additional background checks and sending in the financial info again and his degree info will go quickly. Sending all that as soon as we get back home (3 days of driving ahead of us).

Sept 4, 2015 - Priority date for I-130
January 29, 2016 - Case Approved
February __, 2016 - Received NOA2
February 17, 2016 - NVC Received Case
February 26, 2016 - Case Number and Invoice # Received (via phone call)
February 26, 2016 - Filed Designation of Agent
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Paid - In Processing
February 29, 2016 - Called NVC Customer Service to Review DS-261
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Paid - In Processing
March 2, 2016 - AOS Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - IV Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - Access DS 260
March 3, 2016 - Submit DS 260
March 4, 2016 - Affidavit of Support to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 4, 2016 - IV Packet to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 7, 2016 - AOS and IV Packet Received by NVC (called)
March 14, 2016 - Received email from NVC confirming scan date
March 24, 2016 - Scan Date #2 (sent in missing document before checklist would be issued).
May 2, 2016 - 3 N/As and called to confirm Case Complete at NVC
May 9, 2016 - Received email confirming Case Complete
May 9, 2016 - Called NVC - Interview Scheduled
May 10, 2016 - Received interview confirmation letter
May 11, 2016 - Scheduled Medical Exam
June 16, 2016 - Medical Exam
June 23, 2016 - Interview - Montreal
June 23, 2016 - Put into mandatory AP - we've been "MENA'd". :( Requested CV, all of hubby's engineering research papers, and additional financial proof of relationship.
June 29, 2016 - Mailed requested documents to Montreal Consulate. The waiting begins again.

September 14, 2016 - Consulate requested passport

September 21, 2016 - Mailed passport to Consulate

September 22, 2016 - Passport delivered to US Consulate mail facility

September 26, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

September 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

October 5, 2016 - Emailed Consulate to verify receipt of passport and ask about turn around timeline - "will reply within 2 business days"

October 11, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" (likely due to email sent 10/05/2016)

October 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" & Received email from Consulate confirming passport was received on 9/26/2016 and to allow 8 weeks for processing.

November 17, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" in the morning - still Administrative Processing.

November 17, 2016 around noon - CEAC shows "ISSUED".

We sent in the paperwork requested on the 221g on the 20th. Checked today and it looks like they touched our case. Really hope we find out soon the final answer.

16 months since I have visited him, not sure I can handle much longer

It's so hard to wait but hang in there inshAllah it will be soon!

What was the 221g for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So I got my passport and i have an annotation 212(g)(2)(b) - this is for exception on my vaccination record. I am not sure how would this be when i reach POE.

RomFad, don't worry about that. We also had an exception, and I was scared to death. It just means that the doctor granted you an exception during the medical. It could be due to your age, a vaccine exception for a pregnant woman, etc. etc. It just means that you didn't "fit the bill" exactly, but it won't stop you!

Rest Easy, and Happy Flight and POE!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We are approved! :goofy: The interviewer said it might take a couple extra days to get my passport back though because this is a long weekend in Quebec and next week they take both Canada Day and Independence Day.

We brought some wedding photos of us with each others' families, our families mingling, etc. as well as some paperwork showing some new joint accounts we'd opened while the process was ongoing and the lease for the apartment in the US in both our names. The interviewer didn't ask to see anything extra, but having it along with us just in case was nice. If you're really worried, something like those probably wouldn't go astray.

thanks Hawthorn, that was a useful info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear that greyidgdess, but it does sound pretty standard for a MENA country. I don't think there was much you or he could've done to prevent some sort of fairly lengthy AP (besides being from a different country, or him being a different gender!) From what I've seen here on the forums it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that any male (especially a younger male) from a MENA country will experience this. Keep at it, and hopefully soon it will be over. Best of luck =)

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Team,

I just want to say THANK YOU ALL, always lurker, never poster but i have to share the happiness with you. We were approved today, mostly because this site prepared us from the beginning to the end. Paperwork, questions, etc. We brought like a million documents, "they can't say NO" was our battle cry. even the pictures were labeled (uncle XX with YY), hahaha, they required only 3 documents: marriage certificate, birth certificate (beneficiary) & police record all originals, because we submitted copies for the case initially (USCIS-NVC).

Questions were asked fast so you don't have time to think, around 15-20 questions in 5-6 minutes:

Where & how did you met?

Did you kept in contact from year XX to year XX?

How you kept the contact?

When did you meet again?

Why you decided to marry on XX year?

When did your wife moved to USA?

What does she do for living?

Where does she do that? (Name of company)

Do you have children in common?

Do you have children by your own?

Is the kid in the application?

Have you lived in other country?

What were you doing in this country?

How long you lived there?

Besides this place, have you LIVED in other country? (We had a little argument here between words living & travelling, because i (Natural Me, complicating what should be basic) said well i lived for 15 days at XX place but that was travelling, so consul fixed glasses and looked at me straight in the eyes, digging inside my brain, and then was more specific and asked about residence and not pleasure travelling. I think he thought i was trying to be smart*ss

Have you had a criminal case here in this country?

Have you had a criminal case in XX country?

Have you ever being petitioned by someone from the USA besides this time?

People i think i'm missing 3-4 questions, but that was the core of the case

Appointment lasted around 10 minutes but overall process took 2 hours... Checked CEAC site visa said AP at 11:30AM & at 2:00PM it said ISSUED

That is awesome news....congrats!!! :dancing:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Good morning peeps!!

Congrats to all the approvals!! Those still waiting hang in there!!! :)

What Hell is AP??? Like someone said sometimes I just want to quit!!

We delivered all the documents they asked for in 221(g) (new originally signed I-864as) but the general feeling I got from the Embassy is they do not want to issue the Visas. I've had this feeling from the very beginning.

Unfortunately they can keep you in AP forever and a day if they want which is SO unfair when you have met all their criteria and there are no red flags etc.

We have vested so much (both us and my in laws) into this, that if it doesn't come through, I will lose my family. My husband cannot stay here, he needs urgent medical care in the US and I cannot cope alone with 3 small children. He will probably (for her own good) take our baby daughter with him...and I will be left with our two boys here, alone, broke and broken. I can't stand the thought of living without him. He is my one and it has been the greatest joy to have found him and known him and waking up next to him.

I am just SO low right now. I kept wanting to write here for the last few days but I didn't want to whine. However I do need a little pat on the back I think.

*sigh*

My heart goes out to the couples who are not together, through this hell called immigration. It needs nerves of steels and deep pockets!! (we have spent more than $6000 for 3 people doing this!!!)

I am trying to cling to a story, a word of encouragement, ANYTHING at this point. I am usually a very upbeat person but I also worry because my husband is the opposite of me.. he is like "all will be well" but you know what? If the visa is not granted all will NOT be well. Not in this country. Maybe if he had a job and insurance, yes, but is special needs. He has no job and no insurance :(

I do not want to loose my family but for their own better future I feel like I will or I should.

Sorry to vent, but you are the ONLY ones who can understand this. Again, THANK You for listening (or reading!!) to me.

Crossing fingers and toes this is all over soon with a positive result!!!

Marrienne,

I know exactly how you feel with the AP monster *sending virtual hugs*

I was in AP for 24 days when they requested additional docs from me twice....then 2 days after sending my 2nd set of docs, my visa was issued :) Keep your faith....speak it into being and say: I WILL HAVE THOSE IMMIGRANT VISAS FOR ME AND MY BOYS! (positive thinking brings positive results ;) )

Sometimes the grimmest situation turns into the most unexpectedly positive one! You should have those visas in hand by next week. :thumbs:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

We are approved! :goofy: The interviewer said it might take a couple extra days to get my passport back though because this is a long weekend in Quebec and next week they take both Canada Day and Independence Day.

Congrats to you!!!!! :dancing:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Husband had his interview in Montreal today. Got the dreaded Administrative Processing. Thank you Congress for assuming that all Iranian males studying engineering are terrorists. :(

The questions the CO asked my husband prove they never even looked at his actual file and that the decision was made before we even showed up; they based everything off his DS-260. He asked if he'd ever been to the US (no), how did he meet me (I started out as his editor for his engineering papers and it grew from there), and why are you studying in Canada (got a scholarship), What are you studying (masters in computer and electrical engineering), What are you working on (identifying abnormal heart rhythms). Didn't ask anything else. Then asked for me to come in to talk about the additional proof he wanted.

They wanted a CV for my husband. Well, he doesn't have one because the only thing he's ever done is be a student. So the CO said to put down everything he's done since he graduated high school including periods of unemployment. So even if we had shown up with a CV it would have to have been redone to basically be a CV format of the g325a.

They also want copies of his thesis proposal and abstracts of his papers. Which we had with us but he wouldn't take because we didn't have the CV so we have to send those in with it.

They also wanted more proof of our relationship (me being previous married, having kids, and being older than my husband is the issue - I'm 8 years older; he's been in relationships with women up to 25 years older than him and never anyone younger so I'm on the younger side of his preference and I look a lot younger than I am...oh, and I can still have more kids - definitely still in that range).

Specifically they're looking for us to have joint financial assets such as debt. He stressed having debt. The problem is that neither of us have any debt other than my student loans which were taken out years ago). So we're being penalized for being financially solvent.

Also said having a will...this is definitely what indicated to me that they never even looked at the USCIS packet: Both of our wills are in there. Plus the powers of attorney for healthcare. Plus a letter from my bank stating I can't add my husband to my account until he's physically present and there are no branches within 1,000 miles of where my husband lives. He's also on the title to my car.

Apparently 3,729 pages of WhatsApp transcripts and phone call records for 353 hours of phone calls over the last year weren't enough. FYI: the officer said they don't put much stock into the chat transcripts because apparently it can be falsely generated. I'm hoping they actually read some of it because it's all very specific and you could easily tell it's not fake). Anyway, they took the chat transcripts. Gave him the white letter that states they're requesting additional proof and the instructions for sending it. Oh, and my 2 year old crying "dada, dada" when I had to take him away from my husband for the interview - yeah - no realtionship there. Arg. I actually wish they had done the Stokes interview instead.

The kids are going to be super disappointed because we would all like for our lives to be taken off pause.

I asked the CO how long this would take and he said that AP is a minimum of 4 weeks but to expect it to take 2 months from the time they receive the additional documentation. Said that so long as the information is turned in within a year then we don't have to come back to the consulate. Returned his passport because husband needs it for his student visa.

Could have been worse. Could have been denied outright. Could have requested a lot more information about his family, etc. CEAC already shows AP. Let the fun begin. :)

Hopefully the additional background checks and sending in the financial info again and his degree info will go quickly. Sending all that as soon as we get back home (3 days of driving ahead of us).

The AP monster has struck again.....but you know what, like you said....it is NOT a visa refusal and just a request for additional docs. Once they get what they require and are satisfied, they will issue the visas :) Good luck :thumbs:

Approved ??????

That is great news...congrats to you!!!!! :dancing:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

My case was complete June 17, how long until I will be notified about my interview?

Nvc will start scheduling interviews for August next week so hopefully you'll fall in that set.When the date is set you'll get an email 2-4 day after. My cc was the 14th and I'm hoping to get some news as well...good luck!

Edited by BeckyMaria

My case was complete June 17, how long until I will be notified about my interview?

Hi,

You can use DWheels76 Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet, press CTRL + F and when the search box comes up, type in your country and see the length of time each person from your country was issued an interview date after getting Case complete. This should give you a pretty solid average on how long you will have to wait :)

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Nvc will start scheduling interviews for August next week so hopefully you'll fall in that set.When the date is set you'll get an email 2-4 day after. My cc was the 14th and I'm hoping to get some news as well...good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! When I called NVC "Mara" said by August I will notified for schedule for September or October. I hope that's just a scare tactic! :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.