dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2016

1,474 posts in this topic

When NVC start scheduling interviews again If there is an interview spot still open in July do they fill it? Or do they only schedule for August?

I was hoping for July Interview too and when I called I asked about that possibility. They told me at NVC July is fully fully booked everywhere, they will be now booking only August and September interviews. We should be hearing something next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone I am finally in the U.S.A. with my wife and I am so happy. I have something that has been worrying me though my wife says I shouldn't worry. I left from Jamaica to Boston but had a layover in New York so my POE would have been in New York correct? When I landed in New York I got off the plane and stopped at immigration line just like everyone else. The lady instructed me to go to the visitors section even though I said I was an immigrant and the Customs officer only asked me for the package and the address I was staying took my finger prints and picture and stamped a small approved stamp in the passport and said welcome to America. When I landed in Boston I didn't have to do anything I just got of the plane and collected my bags. So is that it for the POE? Was I supposed to do something else because I read that some people waited for an hour or longer with immigration so I am worried I may have missed something

Timeline

I was hoping for July Interview too and when I called I asked about that possibility. They told me at NVC July is fully fully booked everywhere, they will be now booking only August and September interviews. We should be hearing something next week.

Ok, I was trying to figure out how they do the scheduling. I know I will probably get September but, really hoping for August.

Timeline

Ok, so case complete and yesterday expedite request granted from Kingston embassy. Now what's the next step. I called NVC and the chic was not helpful at all. How do I find out interview date, should we get the medical done now or wait to hear fro the embassy?

Ok, so case complete and yesterday expedite request granted from Kingston embassy. Now what's the next step. I called NVC and the chic was not helpful at all. How do I find out interview date, should we get the medical done now or wait to hear fro the embassy?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

@dwheels76

Hey, thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet. Could you update mine as the country would be best set as "United Kingdom" (I'm from Wales, but the interview itself will be in the London Embassy). Also the visa type is the CR1

Cheers!

USCIS Journey

1st September 2015 - I-130 Sent

14th January 2016 - I-130 Petition approved

NVC

8th February - NVC Received case

26th February - NVC Fees "Paid" on website
24th March - DS-260 Sent & confirmation received

10th May - IV Package sent to NVC

20th June - Case compete
28th June - Received Interview confirmation (P4)

Embassy
22nd July - Medical Examination
1st August - Interview date - Approved!!

2nd August - Issued

5th August - Visa in hand

24th October - POE

ROC

21st July 2018 - I751 sent

26th July - NOA received 

31st August - Biometrics appointment

5th September - Fingerprint review was completed

8th July 2019 - ROC Approved!

5th July  - New card is being produced

13th July - 10 year green card received 

Naturalization

23rd September 2022 - N-400 Submitted

24th September - NOA received 

21st October - Biometrics appointment

10th April 2023 - Interview date

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

Ok, I was trying to figure out how they do the scheduling. I know I will probably get September but, really hoping for August.

I really hope we both get August interview date! September is just too far away at this point.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Just spoke to them over the phone and I was told the same July is over.. Whatever we get that would be August or beyond .... I'm very sure in my country the embassy must be having slots for July .. Because there are no much immigrant applicants from here and immigrant interviews are only on a specific day of a week that too after 1 PM.. Which means there won't be any other applicants at that time of the day like B1/B2 or F1.. Let's see what NVC does ?

CR1 Visa (California Service Center)

24 November 2015 ### Sent to USCIS

01 December 2015 ### NOA 1

13 March 2016 ### NOA 2

30 March 2016 ### NVC received case file

10 April 2016 ### Case number assigned

11 April 2016 ### DS-261 Submitted

12 April 2016 ### AOS fee paid

21 April 2016 ### IV fee paid

26 April 2016 ### DS-260 Submitted

15 May 2016 ### Sent AOS & IV Docs to NVC

20 May 2016 ### Documents scanned for review

20 June 2016 ### Case Completed at the NVC

21 July 2016 ### Medical + Vaccinations done

18 Aug 2016 ### Interview Scheduled (Approved)

24 Aug 2016 ### Received Passport with CR1 visa and sealed immigration packet

24 Aug 2016 ### Paid green card fees on USCIS Elis website

10 Sep 2016 ### POE - Washington Dulles Airport

12 Sep 2016 ### Went to apply Social Security Card but was told to come after 4 weeks because now they wait at least 4 weeks because of USCIS might send them notification !

07 Oct 2016 ### Went again to Social security Office and this time they took the application form and processed !

07 Oct 2016 ### Green Card Production started (Status changed in ELIS website) - Now I am pretty much sure after applying SSN green card production starts !!!

17 Oct 2016 ### Received in mail SSN and GC same day :)

============================================================

i-751 Lifting Conditions (Vermont Service Center)

12 Jun 2018 ### i-751 Packet Delivered

22 June 2018 ### Check Cashed

30 Jun 2018 ## Received NOA Letter (Extension of 18 Months)

Timeline

I really hope we both get August interview date! September is just too far away at this point.

I know my embassy is a busy one so I think the interview will unfortunately be in September. :clock:

Just spoke to them over the phone and I was told the same July is over.. Whatever we get that would be August or beyond .... I'm very sure in my country the embassy must be having slots for July .. Because there are no much immigrant applicants from here and immigrant interviews are only on a specific day of a week that too after 1 PM.. Which means there won't be any other applicants at that time of the day like B1/B2 or F1.. Let's see what NVC does ?

Very possible you'll get July date if this is the case with your embassy. I've seen cases similar to yours, they get interviews scheduled in two weeks or so. Get ready for mid July... or end of July the latest :D Just my guess.

The interviews will be scheduled in the next 7 days or so... So I'd say wait to hear from them and get the interview date before you take any other steps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Really ? That means should I start to get an appointment for medical and vaccination before end of the month or should I wait for the interview letter ?

CR1 Visa (California Service Center)

24 November 2015 ### Sent to USCIS

01 December 2015 ### NOA 1

13 March 2016 ### NOA 2

30 March 2016 ### NVC received case file

10 April 2016 ### Case number assigned

11 April 2016 ### DS-261 Submitted

12 April 2016 ### AOS fee paid

21 April 2016 ### IV fee paid

26 April 2016 ### DS-260 Submitted

15 May 2016 ### Sent AOS & IV Docs to NVC

20 May 2016 ### Documents scanned for review

20 June 2016 ### Case Completed at the NVC

21 July 2016 ### Medical + Vaccinations done

18 Aug 2016 ### Interview Scheduled (Approved)

24 Aug 2016 ### Received Passport with CR1 visa and sealed immigration packet

24 Aug 2016 ### Paid green card fees on USCIS Elis website

10 Sep 2016 ### POE - Washington Dulles Airport

12 Sep 2016 ### Went to apply Social Security Card but was told to come after 4 weeks because now they wait at least 4 weeks because of USCIS might send them notification !

07 Oct 2016 ### Went again to Social security Office and this time they took the application form and processed !

07 Oct 2016 ### Green Card Production started (Status changed in ELIS website) - Now I am pretty much sure after applying SSN green card production starts !!!

17 Oct 2016 ### Received in mail SSN and GC same day :)

============================================================

i-751 Lifting Conditions (Vermont Service Center)

12 Jun 2018 ### i-751 Packet Delivered

22 June 2018 ### Check Cashed

30 Jun 2018 ## Received NOA Letter (Extension of 18 Months)

Really ? That means should I start to get an appointment for medical and vaccination before end of the month or should I wait for the interview letter ?

I'd still wait for interview letter :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally you want to wait for the interview letter. Keep in mind, once your visa is approved, you must enter the US within 6 months of the medical date.

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.