GreenPen

Couple questions for RFE, What is too much info from sponsor?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

jjMy wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) just have a few questions as what is too much information and might hinder our RFE documentation:

1. My wife only has 1 credit card (we are including all her statements); should I include all 4 of my credit card statements as well?

2. We have one shared checking account (we are including all our statements); I have a single account I use to split 30% of my paycheck, should I include my monthly statements with the reason I have a separate account in the cover letter?

3. My mother wanted to buy a house but because she is separated but not divorced (cultural reasons) she wanted the house under my name but not my wife and my wife agreed; should I include the house contract with our RFE while explaining the reason in the cover letter?

4. Our mobile phone has 5 people on the account including my wife and I but it’s under my Uncle’s name; should I also include monthly phone bills with a explanation in the cover letter?

5. Can we include a transcript of our text messages? We have a big log of constant back and forth nearly every weekday (We are always together on weekends so we don’t text).

Also some other questions:

6. My wife is a student and has loans; is there any other document we should submit besides the loan’s statements?

7. My wife does not have a driver licenses (can’t put her on car insurance) but managed to put her on the lease of our car; should we include the contract?

8. In the cover letter, should I describe our life style? ie she is a student at an online college; doesn’t drive; we play online games together on all our free time; we don’t do any couple dates; still live with my mother and sister due to their financial reasons; etc

9. Can I include a sub-cover letter of each category? Such as “The following are Bank statements etc.”

We were told to throw in the kitchen sink but we think if we included everything that might make it including the garage and are worried it might hurt us instead.

Thanks for reading and any reply would be much appreciated.

My opinion: There are never too much information when it comes to immigration and mostly affidavit of relationship. I sent even a copy of my wedding dress receipt, since we only got married on court and the reception (big white dress and all) will be hold on my home country next year. Besides the sub cover letters (I used colorful post-it stickers with the name of each document instead) I would send everything you have. Pictures, airplane tickets for trips you took together, support letters from family and friends, insurance, bank statement, I even sent copies of few christmas/anniversary cards. Never too much lol.

Good luck!

AOS filled: April 4th, 2016

Received in Chicago: April 5th, 2016 (Day 1).

NOA: April 9th, 2016

NOA for Biometrics schedule: April 20th. 2016

RFE: May 9th, 206 - (Left Page 3, Part 4 of I-864 blank)

Biometrics: May 12th, 2016 (Day 37)

Service Request for EAD: June 24th, 2016 (Day 80)

EAD Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

Advance Parole Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

EAD + AP Combo Card Delivered: July 9th, 2016 (Day 95)

Interview: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Approved: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Received: January 17th, 2017

No do not include things that are in one name only. You can include an explanation of why you do your finances a certain way but to include credit card statements from the USC where the foreign spouse never uses them does not supply any evidence of financial co-mingling.

Co-mingling.... include items that show you are together! Like the car lease; that's good! Credit card by one person? No, that doesn't help you.

Yes an explanation should be given if you do not have items they are specifically requested for by the RFE.

Consider getting MPOA, POA, and wills.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Yes, DEFINITELY include the contract for the car if both of your names are on it.

OK, Thanks! Just wanted to check because she isn't on the insurance because she doesn't have a license.

My opinion: There are never too much information when it comes to immigration and mostly affidavit of relationship. I sent even a copy of my wedding dress receipt, since we only got married on court and the reception (big white dress and all) will be hold on my home country next year. Besides the sub cover letters (I used colorful post-it stickers with the name of each document instead) I would send everything you have. Pictures, airplane tickets for trips you took together, support letters from family and friends, insurance, bank statement, I even sent copies of few christmas/anniversary cards. Never too much lol.

Good luck!

Ah understood, more information the better.

No do not include things that are in one name only. You can include an explanation of why you do your finances a certain way but to include credit card statements from the USC where the foreign spouse never uses them does not supply any evidence of financial co-mingling.

Co-mingling.... include items that show you are together! Like the car lease; that's good! Credit card by one person? No, that doesn't help you.

Yes an explanation should be given if you do not have items they are specifically requested for by the RFE.

Consider getting MPOA, POA, and wills.

I was thinking of including my credit card statements that show me using the shared checking account. My wife does use her credit card and pull money from our shared checking account. Thanks on the poa, will look into that one.

How you pay your individual credit cards isn't relevant to be honest. As long as the joint account shows action, deposits and withdrawals, that's what matters.

Co-mingling. That's what you need to show.

For instance: I have a bank account that we use as a savings account. Most of my pay check goes in there so we can save for big purchases. But we both use our joint account to pay bills, buy food, gas etc.. So I wouldn't sent statements of my individual account, or the credit card from that bank, even though it's there for both of us for large dual purchases.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

How you pay your individual credit cards isn't relevant to be honest. As long as the joint account shows action, deposits and withdrawals, that's what matters.

Co-mingling. That's what you need to show.

For instance: I have a bank account that we use as a savings account. Most of my pay check goes in there so we can save for big purchases. But we both use our joint account to pay bills, buy food, gas etc.. So I wouldn't sent statements of my individual account, or the credit card from that bank, even though it's there for both of us for large dual purchases.

Thank you! That clears a few things up =]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.