KEN's ROSE

More on Planes

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

But really if you have a K1 visa do you have to purchase a round trip ticket? Ok i know it would be best to buy a round trip incase no marriage come, but with air fares increasing the way of American gas prices, I would rather a one way ticket which is about 40% cheaper.

Since a K1 visa, is looked at the same as a tourist visa, proof of a onward travel.

So, im thinking a one way trip ticket to US then a totally seperate ticket to another destination that'll never be used?

Not being cheap, but the IRS is eating away at any and all my spare change.

"It took 4 years to bridge the gap"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
But really if you have a K1 visa do you have to purchase a round trip ticket? Ok i know it would be best to buy a round trip incase no marriage come, but with air fares increasing the way of American gas prices, I would rather a one way ticket which is about 40% cheaper.

Since a K1 visa, is looked at the same as a tourist visa, proof of a onward travel.

So, im thinking a one way trip ticket to US then a totally seperate ticket to another destination that'll never be used?

get whatever ticket is the cheapest. Many people get a round trip ticket because it is cheaper. They aren't going to look at the airline ticket that hard when they have their visa in hand with the k-1 info.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I got a round trip, cuz it was cheaper. did not have any problems.

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

Timeline

but have anyone on a K1 visa traveled to USA on a one way ticket?

For some odd reason a round-trip ticket from USA is cheaper than a one way ticket from Hong Kong

Adversly a round trip ticket from HK to USA back to HK is twice as much as a USA-HK-USA round trip.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is one of the crazy questions that seems to come up over and over on VJ.

Buy which ever is less, they do not check the fiancee at the POE for a return ticket, they know that a K-visa is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

Example of the same question.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59596

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;hl=round+trip

Search function on VJ can get the answer very fast.

Also in FAQ, it is asked so frequently.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-ap...ation.html#4.10

Think: "I am a Canadian and got my K-1 visa, do I need a return trip ticket even if I drive into the USA using my own Car?"

For some odd reason a round-trip ticket from USA is cheaper than a one way ticket from Hong Kong

Adversly a round trip ticket from HK to USA back to HK is twice as much as a USA-HK-USA round trip.

YES! My fiancee came with me to the USA last week with me on a ONE-WAY-TICKET. Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

What I told Rose was that a travel agency tells you that customs will hold you on a one way ticket because they are banking on selling a round trip ticket.

Now its just hunting for the right airline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
What I told Rose was that a travel agency tells you that customs will hold you on a one way ticket because they are banking on selling a round trip ticket.

Now its just hunting for the right airline.

Sounds like you are dealing with a travel agency that now nothing about immigrations. And also the K-visa is not looked at the same way as a tourist visa, you hand over and immigrations package to the officer at the POE, and get questioned about the visa, The k-visa is a non-immigrant visa with IMMIGRATION intent, so if a person is entering the USA on a One-Way ticket, it is understood that they are entering the country to STAY.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I flew from the philippines last nov. with a one-way ticket..i was questioned at the airport because of my k-1 visa but no big deal...& that time it was much cheaper..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is true with most airlines that it is cheaper to buy a roundtrip ticket than a one way ticket. I found an agency online that does one way discount tickets and I saved about $150 compared to buying a dicounted round trip ticket. You may want to see if they may save a few bucks. :dance:

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=...CFRBGGAod1QSvJw

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a one way ticket and it was cheaper. Sydney to JFK via Bangkok.

Don't forget to tell the airline that you are migrating if you have excess baggage. Most airlines are quite understanding when there's a Visa involved.

Good luck! :D

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

You're fiancee is from HK?!

When my fiance and I were in HK, darn, I promise, the plane ticket were really really cheap in this one travel agency somewhere in Kowloon (one mall attached to MTR station. I forgot the name).

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

The POE wont care if you have a one way or round trip ticket, but boarding the plance can have some problems depending on what passport you are traveling on. My SO traveled on a one way and Lufthansa told us before that as long as he had the proper documentation to enter the US , he sould not have any problems checking in for the boarding passes. He didn't.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Air fares are up and out the roof now. Especially from the Asian mainland. Eventhough United is opening a new nonstop daily to Beijing. Seems HK should be lower then 1100USD one way 1650USD round trip

The HK booking agency wants to sell flexible tix starting at 12500HKD ~1600USD one way

A Los Angeles agency wanted 2100USD for a flex round trip.

Rule of thumb I see is an agency should be used if you're not totally sure when you gonna travel. Otherwise just find yourself.

I guess airlines are tapping that new Asian wealth because a round trip I seen for as little as 790USD US-HK-US.

Heck even a RTT HK-Manila,Phil-HK is 500USD now, and thats less than 2 hrs away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Quick question though:

if at the POW my fiance will give some envelope and he'll be aksed questions and etc. but he doesn't speak english then what? i won't be coming back with him, he'll be traveling himself and i know they won't let me in there with him.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Quick question though:

if at the POW my fiance will give some envelope and he'll be aksed questions and etc. but he doesn't speak english then what? i won't be coming back with him, he'll be traveling himself and i know they won't let me in there with him.

There is no requirement fo rhim to speak English. Of course it might be more confusing for him to say the least. Depending on the language(s) he speaks and which POE and Airline he uses, there may be people who can translate or help in the trnaslation. Maybe you can check ahead of there is some service available to assist travelers?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.