chioscura

Got our case number what's next?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is this also true for IR1/CR1 visas? We also just got our NVC case number today (MNL#) via email and we went online and submitted the DS-261 online and paid the $120 Affidavit of Support (AOS) fee online today, but the NVC site says the next steps are to physically mail the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) packet and supporting documents to Portsmouth, NH. Should we schedule the interview now and go to St. Lukes right away even before they've received the I-864 packet in NH? Also, does the IV fee for an IR1/CR1 visa need to be paid in the Philippines (e.g. at BPI) as well, or can that be paid online directly just like the AOS fee was? Thanks.

NO. Follow the instructions from NVC, once you submit all required documents to NVC they will schedule your interview.

Immigrant visa process is different, NVC will schedule your interview, you will have to wait to be notified of that date/time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here can help me figure things out. We have received an email from NVC with my case number.

I’m not sure what to do next.

Should I schedule for Medical Exam first?

Then later on pay for MRV and schedule for an interview?

or is the other way around?

visa payment - interview schedule- medical exam - actual interview?

which comes first? Help!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, babybabycakes said:

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here can help me figure things out. We have received an email from NVC with my case number.

I’m not sure what to do next.

Should I schedule for Medical Exam first?

Then later on pay for MRV and schedule for an interview?

or is the other way around?

visa payment - interview schedule- medical exam - actual interview?

which comes first? Help!

1- pay the visa fee at BPI

2-schedule interview

3- complete medical

4- attend interview

5- complete CFO and get sticker

Follow this guide >>   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

1- pay the visa fee at BPI

2-schedule interview

3- complete medical

4- attend interview

5- complete CFO and get sticker

Follow this guide >>   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hi Hank! My case under ceac is “in transit”. Do I need to wait for it to be “READY” or not?

thank you so very much!!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, babybabycakes said:

Hi Hank! My case under ceac is “in transit”. Do I need to wait for it to be “READY” or not?

thank you so very much!!

You can pay the visa fee at BPI now, that will take 12-24 hours before it would show up on your dashboard @ USTRAVELDOCS

From what I have heard back in regards to the embassy it is suggested to wait for READY status to schedule your interview.  At that time you can schedule it as for as soon as you can complete the medical as you know the case file is at the embassy.    You can be done with the interview in 4 weeks or less if you so choose.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.