Dnoel25

Dominican K1

18 posts in this topic

The same as everyone up to the interview time then it depends on the embassy how they are schedueling. Average time now for 129 f per USCIS is 5 months for approval and send to NVC. But people who applied in March are starting to get there approvals.

Good luck im bringing my fiancee from there too my family migrated here prior to my birth but im Dominican / American :thumbs:

Suerte??

:time:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

My NOA2 was approved on April 7th. NVC still has not received my file.

I called USCIS California Service Center today to see when sent and I was told there is no record it was ever sent.

I now have to wait another 14 - 30 days for them to research it.

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Thread is moved from K-1 Process to Caribbean regional forum

Question is location-specific

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

Check the Timelines for the DR to get a rough idea.

6 - 9 months trending.

If you have no problems with your case you should be here (I see NJ in your profile) right when it is cold again.

Good luck.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

The time does vary from case to case, so there's no way of predicting other than watching the processing time information http://www.visajourney.com/content/times.

One thing that we did to keep everything moving along was that we got everything ready in advance for each step, so, for example, when it came time to fill out the actual visa application we were not delayed by having to track down information. We also gathered our evidence for the interview and went over everything multiple times to make sure we weren't missing anything. We kept checking for updates every day (well, obsessively many times every day), so we could complete every step as soon as possible. For us, we had our interview 89 days after the day I mailed the I-129F (81 days after NOA1), so things can sometimes happen pretty quickly.

I'm the Petitioner, she's the loud Dominican :rolleyes:

09/16/15 - I-129F mailed via USPS Priority Mail

09/18/15 - I-129F delivered to Dallas P.O. Box

09/24/15 - USCIS check cleared

09/24/15 - NOA1 E-Notification received

09/29/15 - NOA1 Hard copy received from CSC (dated 09/23/15)

10/23/15 - NOA2 E-Notification received

10/29/15 - NOA2 Hard copy received (dated 10/23/15)

11/05/15 - NVC Received case

11/24/15 - Consulate received

12/14/15 - Interview - Approved!!

12/15/15 - Administrative Processing

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

12/18/15 - Passport and Visa in hand!!!

12/20/15 - In U.S. - Point of Entry Newark, NJ, then to Chicago, IL

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

My NOA2 was approved on April 7th. NVC still has not received my file.

I called USCIS California Service Center today to see when sent and I was told there is no record it was ever sent.

I now have to wait another 14 - 30 days for them to research it.

If you're lucky enough things will go faster from now on.

I sent my k1 package second week of Feb, received NOA 2 end of March..and NVC sent the package to the consulate in the Dominican Republic on April 27. I schedule my interview already for next month.

So the whole process for me was quick.

Good luck make sure you have everything for the interview.

Asegurate que tu pareja saque acta inexttensa, conducta de policia, record de vacunas....CUANDO DESDE QUE NVC ENVIE ESO PARA EL CONSULADO.... PORQUE EL RECORD DE POLICIA DURA 15 DIAS PARA ENTREGAR (ALGO ASI).

SI NO TIENE RECORD DE VACUNA Y NO LO PUEDE CONSEGUIR, CUANDO SE VAYA HACER LOS EXAMENES AHI LE PONEN VACUNA SY LE CREAN UNA TARJATA.

OTRA COSA... ASEGURATE DE CHEQUIAR TODO EN EL CEAC.STATE.GOV DESDE QUE EL NVC ENVIE EL PAQUETE PARA RD...CUANDO EL CASO DIGA "READY" ESO QUIERE DECIR QUE YA PUEDES HACER TU CITA.

A TU PAREJA NO LE VAN A ENVIAR UN "PRE-AVISO" YA ELLOS NO HACEN ESO, PARA QU ENO VAYAS A PERDER TIEMPO ESPERANDO CARTA, EMAIL, O PRE-AVISO DEL CONSULADO....ESO NUNCA PASARA.

YO TE PUEDO GUIAR, A MI ME GUIARON EN ESTE SITE VISA JOURNEY, Y GRACIAS A TODAS LAS PERSONAS DE AQUI HICE TODO SIN PAGAR ABOGADO, Y HASTA AHORA TODO BIEN. EN JUNIO VIAJO A RD PARA LA ENTREVISTA CON DIOS MEDIANTE...

CUALQUIER COSA ME PUEDES ESCRIBIR EN PRIVADO... O POR AQUI.

SALUDOS,

BRIAN

Filed: Timeline

I sent my k1 package second week of Feb, received NOA 2 end of March..and NVC sent the package to the consulate in the Dominican Republic on April 27. I schedule my interview already for next month.

Asegurate que tu pareja saque acta inexttensa, conducta de policia, record de vacunas....CUANDO DESDE QUE NVC ENVIE ESO PARA EL CONSULADO.... PORQUE EL RECORD DE POLICIA DURA 15 DIAS PARA ENTREGAR (ALGO ASI).

SI NO TIENE RECORD DE VACUNA Y NO LO PUEDE CONSEGUIR, CUANDO SE VAYA HACER LOS EXAMENES AHI LE PONEN VACUNA SY LE CREAN UNA TARJATA.

OTRA COSA... ASEGURATE DE CHEQUIAR TODO EN EL CEAC.STATE.GOV DESDE QUE EL NVC ENVIE EL PAQUETE PARA RD...CUANDO EL CASO DIGA "READY" ESO QUIERE DECIR QUE YA PUEDES HACER TU CITA.

A TU PAREJA NO LE VAN A ENVIAR UN "PRE-AVISO" YA ELLOS NO HACEN ESO, PARA QU ENO VAYAS A PERDER TIEMPO ESPERANDO CARTA, EMAIL, O PRE-AVISO DEL CONSULADO....ESO NUNCA PASARA.

YO TE PUEDO GUIAR, A MI ME GUIARON EN ESTE SITE VISA JOURNEY, Y GRACIAS A TODAS LAS PERSONAS DE AQUI HICE TODO SIN PAGAR ABOGADO, Y HASTA AHORA TODO BIEN. EN JUNIO VIAJO A RD PARA LA ENTREVISTA CON DIOS MEDIANTE...

SALUDOS,

BRIAN

Hola. El papel de la policia tiene fecha de vencimiento?

Service Center : California Service Center
I-129F Sent : 2016-02-22
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-26 (Case was received)
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-02 (Received e-mail)
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-07 (Hardcopy)

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-05-23 (e-mail notification)

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-05-27 (Harcopy)

event.png

event.png

Hola a mi entender seria bueno que saque el record de coducta (papel de la policia) desde que el caso sea enviado al consulado..porque se tardara unos 15 dias en entregar ese document.

• 2 weeks later...

SALUDOS,

BRIAN

Hi Everyone!,

I Have a question, which Affidavit of Support do i need? there are like 3 to choose from and i want to make sure I bring the correct one to consulate interview. Any info would be great.

Necesito saber cual Affidavit of Support necesito para llevar al consul el dia de la cita. hay muchas disponibles pero no se cual exactamente?

Gracias!

• 2 months later...

Someone please help me!! Today I recieved an email stating that,

This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application. Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following link to get more information about the process: www.ustraveldocs.com/do

I also received a letter stating that our case was being transferred to the Consulate in Santo Domingo, and the Embassy will contact my fiancé when they are ready to process his petition.

After this I followed the link from the email and completed the DS-160. We kept the receipt and then went on a site to schedule the interview. The next available date in Sept 6, 2016. It gave me a link to pay from Banco Popular for the interview. However my fiancé has not gotten his medical or background check, I haven't filled the affidavit of support, proof of employment, and bank statements. Do I go ahead and pay Banco Popular and schedule the interview and get all the paper work between time or do I wait for the consulate to contact us. Please help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone please help me!! Today I recieved an email stating that,

This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application. Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following link to get more information about the process: www.ustraveldocs.com/do

I also received a letter stating that our case was being transferred to the Consulate in Santo Domingo, and the Embassy will contact my fiancé when they are ready to process his petition.

After this I followed the link from the email and completed the DS-160. We kept the receipt and then went on a site to schedule the interview. The next available date in Sept 6, 2016. It gave me a link to pay from Banco Popular for the interview. However my fiancé has not gotten his medical or background check, I haven't filled the affidavit of support, proof of employment, and bank statements. Do I go ahead and pay Banco Popular and schedule the interview and get all the paper work between time or do I wait for the consulate to contact us. Please help!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.