rspano999

CSC Progress stalled on K-1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any reason for the slowdown on K-1 appprovals at the CSC recently? Last year at this time approvals were made generally within a month. Now according to the data on this site it is well over 2 months. NOA1 dates of the most recent NOA2 approvals are in the Jan/Feb timeframe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They have a time frame of 5 months to process the I-129F petitions. When it goes past 5 months, then it is behind and backlogged. Slowing down from extremely fast processing times is not stalled. The CSC is the only service center currently processing I-129F petitions. With all petitions going through there, it was bound to slow down from their quick pace to more average processing times.

Stalled from massive backlog(people waiting 8+ months) is what happened a few years ago at the VSC and more recently at the TSC, which is how the CSC came to be the only service center currently dealing with the I-129F petitions.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports -topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Any reason for the slowdown on K-1 appprovals at the CSC recently? Last year at this time approvals were made generally within a month. Now according to the data on this site it is well over 2 months. NOA1 dates of the most recent NOA2 approvals are in the Jan/Feb timeframe.

No need for concern, you still good and there are still people from Jan and feb that have not gotten their NOA2 as of yet. Expcet between 90 to 120 days wait before getting your NOA2.

Many cases were transferred from other centers to CSC. Also, CSC is handling other visas beside I-129F/k1 and also processing EAD's as well.

The standard USCIS processing time is 5-6 months. However, there used to be two service centers, TSC and CSC. CSC, as you are aware could finish cases in as little as a week last year, while TSC had cases backlogged for 300+ days of wait time. A decision was made from the top, due to efforts to raise awareness, as of early last year that TSC would stop handling all further K1 cases. All those who were still at TSC, would remain there until finished. All new cases would go to CSC. So that, as of current date - CSC is the sole processor of K1 cases only. Because of that, you can expect has increased wait times. Despite this, they are still processing cases in a reasonable amount of time - within a few months, and well within the projected USCIS standard processing time.

No need for concern, you still good and there are still people from Jan and feb that have not gotten their NOA2 as of yet. Expcet between 90 to 120 days wait before getting your NOA2.

Many cases were transferred from other centers to CSC. Also, CSC is handling other visas beside I-129F/k1 and also processing EAD's as well.

There have been no transfers of K1 cases for a long period of time. As CSC is the only department to now process K1 cases, there is no need for any transfers for a long time now. Cases sent to CSC are not transfers, they are directly routed there by the Lockbox.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

The standard USCIS processing time is 5-6 months. However, there used to be two service centers, TSC and CSC. CSC, as you are aware could finish cases in as little as a week last year, while TSC had cases backlogged for 300+ days of wait time. A decision was made from the top, due to efforts to raise awareness, as of early last year that TSC would stop handling all further K1 cases. All those who were still at TSC, would remain there until finished. All new cases would go to CSC. So that, as of current date - CSC is the sole processor of K1 cases only. Because of that, you can expect has increased wait times. Despite this, they are still processing cases in a reasonable amount of time - within a few months, and well within the projected USCIS standard processing time.

There have been no transfers of K1 cases for a long period of time. As CSC is the only department to now process K1 cases, there is no need for any transfers for a long time now. Cases sent to CSC are not transfers, they are directly routed there by the Lockbox.

You are right, I did not mean K1

Workload Transfer from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center

USCIS recently began transferring certain casework from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) to the California Service Center (CSC) to balance workloads and decrease processing times. The CSC will now process some:

• Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners requesting L-1 Intracompany Transferee nonimmigrant classification;
  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, for the L-2 nonimmigrant classification; and
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, for L-2 nonimmigrants applying for employment authorization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.