JR & Tanya

Proof of ongoing relationship (split)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmm.. I was told by an attorney that the "proof of ongoing relationship" was only to be saved for the interview as long as you had proof of meeting.. So, I didn't include mine... All we have are Facebook messages because that's where we met. We mostly use Facetime to communicate because it's cheaper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Too many visits listed to Q18. Concentrate on only one visit. You don't get extra credit for extra visits. Save that for the interview.

Depends on if they want to just write the bare minimum or "front loading" it by writing more information. I would write it more like a personal story though instead of just listing visits.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm getting the last bits of our I-129f package together and I just grabbed the sharpie to write on the back of the photos... and I'm not sure exactly what to put. I was just going to write who is in the photo, where the photo was taken, and the date. Can I just put something like, "April 2013" or "August 2012" or should it be exact? I know this probably isn't a huge deal, but I don't want to do the wrong thing!

Here's our I-129f so far. (We haven't included a TON of evidence as he's from the UK and we've read adding a bunch of excess info is too much for the UK.)

G-1145

I-129f cover letter

I-129f petition (Side note: For question 18, this is what we put: "We met online in July 2011. Robert first visited Stacey in the USA in April 2012, and then again in December 2012 to January 2013, and June to July 2013. Stacey visited Robert in England in August 2012 and March to April 2012." We didn't want it too wordy or too lovey dovey, so we just did a "to the point" explanation. Is it to little or just right?)

Fiancee letter of intent (petitioner)

Fiance letter of intent (beneficiary)

G-325A, Bio information (Petitioner)

G-325A, Bio Information (Beneficiary)

A photocopy of my (petitioner's) US Birth Certificate

Evidence of having met in past two years:

Rob and Stacey's boarding passes from each flight, our train tickets next to each other from our visit to paris, a photocopy of the passport page with our stamps from visits, emails of trip itinerary/confirmations, scanned copy of debit card with only last 4 digits showing and receipts from purchases/ATM withdrawal in england showing last 4 digits on card.

Proof of ongoing Relationship:

Two skype screenshots from 2011, a downloaded iphone imessage print-out of texts of three pages, one from 2011, 2012, and 2013, scanned copies of greeting cards two from me to him, two from him to me, one email print out from 2013, scan of envelopes with dated stamps, and then of course the photos of our visits.

OH! And I'll include the personal check for $340, too, haha. I haven't written that out yet!

Now that I typed it all out, I'm pretty sure that's just fine, haha. Thoughts? =)

Wish us luck as I'm hoping to get it in the mail this week! Speaking of which, what have you guys found is the best way to mail your initial packet? Delivery confirmation? Etc.

Thanks everyone! Fingers crossed for all of you waiting, and keep your fingers crossed for us!

-Stacey

You should write the name of the people in the picture, date and location. If you don't know exact date month and year is fine.

Timeline

Hmm.. I was told by an attorney that the "proof of ongoing relationship" was only to be saved for the interview as long as you had proof of meeting.. So, I didn't include mine... All we have are Facebook messages because that's where we met. We mostly use Facetime to communicate because it's cheaper.

Always good to send it with the application. Sure you can send in just the bare minimum without the proof of ongoing relationship but some embassies won't really look at what you bring to the interview, they will basically base their decision of your application you sent to USCIS.

This thread is almost 3 years old and the OP has not been on VJ for over 2.

Thank you I didn't see that. It was under new content and I didn't pay attention. Lots of old threads being revived lately. I've reported it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you I didn't see that. It was under new content and I didn't pay attention. Lots of old threads being revived lately. I've reported it.

Yeah, I think people find old threads through searches or something, and then don't pay attention to the dates on the posts and just reply in them, hence reviving them and making them appear as 'new content'.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post and replies split from a 3 year old thread. Please start your own threads rather then posting in others thread and in this case an old thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.