wyatta4

NOA2 received, now what?...

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So, I received my NOA2! Yay! However, I am super confused as to what I am doing now. I just visited my fiancee again in Brazil, Sao Paulo to be exact, and I left her a copy of the I-129f packet.

Now I know I need to send her the Affidavit of Support.. I just started a job in sales, where it is purely commission, So I have no way of proving a steady income, so I asked my grandfather to sponsor her. How do I go about this? The guides I have read have little to no information or are very vague..

I don't necessarily know how I will fill the I-134 form out, having no proof of income. Maybe tax records from last years jobs?

And how much does my grandfather have to claim he will support her with? Is it minimum wage a month? Or a certain lump sum up front?

Also, what else do I have to do to get my part all out of the way so that she can schedule the interview over there in Brazil?

There was also something I read about Police reports that I never read in the guidelines...?

Thank you for all of your help!

Wyatt

Edited by wyatta4

Timeline

So, I received my NOA2! Yay! However, I am super confused as to what I am doing now. I just visited my fiancee again in Brazil, Sao Paulo to be exact, and I left her a copy of the I-129f packet.

Now I know I need to send her the Affidavit of Support.. I just started a job in sales, where it is purely commission, So I have no way of proving a steady income, so I asked my grandfather to sponsor her. How do I go about this? The guides I have read have little to no information or are very vague..

I don't necessarily know how I will fill the I-134 form out, having no proof of income. Maybe tax records from last years jobs?

And how much does my grandfather have to claim he will support her with? Is it minimum wage a month? Or a certain lump sum up front?

Also, what else do I have to do to get my part all out of the way so that she can schedule the interview over there in Brazil?

There was also something I read about Police reports that I never read in the guidelines...?

Wyatt

Hey congratulations! I'm from Brazil and my fiance is American.

When did u got the NOA1?

Me and my Fiance we are waiting NOA2 since we sended in March 10th. We got NOA1 in March17th. So we are waiting 60 days already ... :(

About your questions I think you can find the answer of your question on one of the many other topic in this forum. Thank you and Good Luck!

Edited by dcfleury

Engaged: Sept 11th 2015
Package Sent: March 10th 2016
NOA1 : March 17th
RFE Received: June 7th
NOA2: June 29th (We received Aug 28)
NVC received/create case: July 22nd
NVC shipped Case to Rio Embassy: July 29th
Email from Rio Embassy Received : Aug 4th
NVC Hard copy Letter Received: Aug 5th
Medical Schedule: September 15th :dancing: DONE!
Interview schedule: October 11th :dancing: APPROVED!!!!

POE : MIAMI October 22nd (L)

JP Wedding : October 26th /27th (L)(L)

Timeline

Wyatt

See if this helps: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Brazil_K1_Guide

Boa sorte!

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi how long it takes before you recieve the noa2? my fiance filled my case on marich 14 we recieved our receipt notice few days after may noa1 is march 18 but till now i didnt recieve my noa2? hipe you can give me idea., thank u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Where do I find that information for different countries? My fiance is in England. Thanks!

Here you go:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

I-129F Sent........... ...................................25th January 2016

I-129F NOA1.............................................3rd February 2016

I-129F RFE................................................30th March 2016 *Missing Beneficiary's intent to marry letter

RFE Reply................................................13th April 2016

I-129F NOA2.............................................28th April 2016

NVC Received..........................................13th May 2016

Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned..........17th May 2016

Sent to consulate....................................18th May 2016

DS-160 filled out......................................19th May 2016

Consulate received.................................26th May 2016

Packet 3 received....................................28th May 2016

Medical.....................................................11th July 2016

Interview...................................................27th July 2016 - Approved!

Entered USA............................................27th December 2016

Married.....................................................29th December 2016

AOS Filed.................................................6th January 2017

NOA..........................................................10th January 2017

Biometrics................................................7th March 2017

EAD/AP Approved....................................11th April 2017

EAD/AP Received....................................22nd April 2017

AOS Approved.........................................23rd June 2017 *Interview Waived

Greencard received..................................29th June 2017

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Wyatt

Please update your timeline and fill in NOA2 date. Also, it shows the county in your timeline "Armenia" not Brazil.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Wyatt

Next step is getting your case # from the NVC(National Visa Center)- This can take anywhere from a week to a month. Keep calling them every day until you get it. (603)334-0888

While you are waiting for this get everything you need ready:

DS-160

I-134---- Go here for instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Police Clearance

CENOMAR

Passport photos

Make sure passport is current

Also make sure beneficiary has all I-129F content

Once you get your case # you can then go ahead and start scheduling interview and then medical with the embassy.

I'm waiting for our case # as well and looking at past timelines it looks like average is about 17-25 days so it's a bit of another wait but a heck of a lot shorter than waiting for the NOA2.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Timeline

Please update your timeline and fill in NOA2 date. Also, it shows the county in your timeline "Armenia" not Brazil.

Timeline has been updated.. Sorry about that guys, and that should answer your questions for how long it took to get the NOA2. February 22nd-May 4th..

Timeline

Next step is getting your case # from the NVC(National Visa Center)- This can take anywhere from a week to a month. Keep calling them every day until you get it. (603)334-0888

While you are waiting for this get everything you need ready:

DS-160

I-134---- Go here for instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Police Clearance

CENOMAR

Passport photos

Make sure passport is current

Also make sure beneficiary has all I-129F content

Once you get your case # you can then go ahead and start scheduling interview and then medical with the embassy.

I'm waiting for our case # as well and looking at past timelines it looks like average is about 17-25 days so it's a bit of another wait but a heck of a lot shorter than waiting for the NOA2.

Hope this helps

Cheers

So hopefully I haven't done anything wrong yet.. I just sent a package containing the I-134 form along with supporting evidence, a copy of the NOA2, and proof of our ongoing relationship to her in Brazil. I just got back from visiting her and left a copy of the I-129 Packet there with her.

Now what is the DS-160, and the CENOMAR??

And what do I do once I have the case number? Where do I call? And do I call or does my Fiance in Brazil call her embassy?

Man we need a real write up about all of this stuff somewhere...

Timeline

So hopefully I haven't done anything wrong yet.. I just sent a package containing the I-134 form along with supporting evidence, a copy of the NOA2, and proof of our ongoing relationship to her in Brazil. I just got back from visiting her and left a copy of the I-129 Packet there with her.

And what do I do once I have the case number? Where do I call? And do I call or does my Fiance in Brazil call her embassy?

DS-160 is a form to be filled out by the beneficiary. That can be done online here: https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

CENOMAR is a Philippines form for proof of not being married

A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) is simply what its name implies. It is a certification issued by the PSA stating that a person has not contracted any marriage. Also called a certificate of No Record of Marriage or Certificate of Singleness.

Once you have the case number from NVC you then go to the Embassy of your country to now setup the interview date and medical.

Doesn't matter who does the setup of the interview.

This part of the process is country related, so you should be checking the embassy's website to see what are the required documents that she will need to take to her interview. The embassy will send you an email that you should forward to her containing all specific info (same as the website).

You can start looking at the link Mariana posted in this thread, it's a little outdated but the "packet" part I believe is ok.

You can call the nvc if you're in a rush and want to get things started, because with the new case number (RDJ) you can go ahead and start booking the medical an preparing. In my case we opted not to call and waited for the embassy to contact us, that way we ensured that everything was ready on their end when we started moving ahead with the process.

Good luck.

Edit: here it is the embassy's link in Portuguese https://br.usembassy.gov/pt/vistos/noivos/a-entrevista/

You should also send her a copy of your birth certificate (a scanned copy sent through email is fine)

Edited by p-ana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.