Matthew&Lenny

Documents from the petitioner for K1 interview at embassy. Will it matter if it's from two months ago?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If you check the step-by-step guide on filing the K1 on visa journey, it states on the section "What to send your fiancé" on #3 that a new letter of intent is needed from the US fiance. You might want to check with the embassy to see if it is needed. It does need to be an original with a signature. I don't think the embassy asked for it but I included just in case.

Here is the link to the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I had gathered my affidavit of support in August and September and mailed it in October. My fiancé (now husband) didn't have his interview till the beginning of November. I would think you would be fine.

Good luck!

Thank you ?

Hi, my fiancee signed and mailed our forms about 1.5 months before my interview (the affidavit and such) and there was no issue with the 1.5 month old signature (it seems that that is the question you are getting at?) Hope this helps! And good luck

Thank you ?

Thanks everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Original affidavit of support, job letter, bank statements, and tax returns :)

The embassy in Jakarta doesn't care if it is "original". Your fiance should just e-mail all that stuff to you, and you can print it out.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.