Matthew&Lenny

Documents from the petitioner for K1 interview at embassy. Will it matter if it's from two months ago?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi, I'm currently waiting the documents from my fiancé before I can set appointment for K1 visa interview at the US embassy.

The thing is, he sent those documents on regular mail and no tracking is available after it was shipped from the US. He sent the package on April 12. It's been a month and I still haven't gotten it. Most likely it will take 1.5-2 months to get here then.

Say if it arrived in June, would those documents still be valid for the interview?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

What is important is the Tax returns for the current year, so you should be fine. 2015 tax returns are good enough. Your fiance should have ordered IRS transcript for 2015 but I think the returns should be fine with the bank statements even if they are two months old. He can always fax you copies of newer statements if needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Your fiance can download his bank statements online. Usually the file is in pdf format so he can always email you the files. I think the IRS transcript is also in pdf.

For other things, your fiance can scan the document and email it to you.

Timeline

What is important is the Tax returns for the current year, so you should be fine. 2015 tax returns are good enough. Your fiance should have ordered IRS transcript for 2015 but I think the returns should be fine with the bank statements even if they are two months old. He can always fax you copies of newer statements if needed.

Thanks for the info ?

Your fiance can download his bank statements online. Usually the file is in pdf format so he can always email you the files. I think the IRS transcript is also in pdf.

For other things, your fiance can scan the document and email it to you.

Thanks for the info ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Original affidavit of support, job letter, bank statements, and tax returns :)

What about the signed letter of intent from him with recent date or close to the interview date?

Original affidavit of support, job letter, bank statements, and tax returns :)

What about the signed letter of intent from him with recent date or close to the interview date?

Timeline

Letter of intent has already been sent during petition process. It didn't mention any date, just the intent to marry within 90 days after I get there. The petition was approved. And now I'm on step 2 K1 visa process. The embassy sent me email already last week to fulfill the requirements. I'll make updated letter of intent from me when I do interview.

I can't make interview appointment if I haven't gotten any documents from him. So, no interview date yet cause I'm still waiting his documents to arrive.

Timeline

Letter of intent has already been sent during petition process. It didn't mention any date, just the intent to marry within 90 days after I get there. The petition was approved. And now I'm on step 2 K1 visa process. The embassy sent me email already last week to fulfill the requirements. I'll make updated letter of intent from me when I do interview.

I can't make interview appointment if I haven't gotten any documents from him. So, no interview date yet cause I'm still waiting his documents to arrive.

But u need a signed letter of intent from your fiance also with recent date included or close to ur interview date as the one u already sent with ur petition was months ago. So the embassy wants new letter of intent from ur fiance to know he/she still wants to marry u within 90 days of u enter to usa

Timeline

But u need a signed letter of intent from your fiance also with recent date included or close to ur interview date as the one u already sent with ur petition was months ago. So the embassy wants new letter of intent from ur fiance to know he/she still wants to marry u within 90 days of u enter to usa

Is there official source for this where I could read it on?

The embassy didn't ask about it from the email. And I'll make the updated one for both of us. When my fiancé did the petition, he only sent them one letter which included all of the points, he made it for both of us, there wasn't even my signature in it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

The embassy didn't ask about it from the email. And I'll make the updated one for both of us. When my fiancé did the petition, he only sent them one letter which included all of the points, he made it for both of us, there wasn't even my signature in it.

If you check the step-by-step guide on filing the K1 on visa journey, it states on the section "What to send your fiancé" on #3 that a new letter of intent is needed from the US fiance. You might want to check with the embassy to see if it is needed. It does need to be an original with a signature. I don't think the embassy asked for it but I included just in case.

Here is the link to the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I had gathered my affidavit of support in August and September and mailed it in October. My fiancé (now husband) didn't have his interview till the beginning of November. I would think you would be fine.

Good luck!

Edited by Knutschen

Jana

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi, I'm currently waiting the documents from my fiancé before I can set appointment for K1 visa interview at the US embassy.

The thing is, he sent those documents on regular mail and no tracking is available after it was shipped from the US. He sent the package on April 12. It's been a month and I still haven't gotten it. Most likely it will take 1.5-2 months to get here then.

Say if it arrived in June, would those documents still be valid for the interview?

Thanks!

Hi, my fiancee signed and mailed our forms about 1.5 months before my interview (the affidavit and such) and there was no issue with the 1.5 month old signature (it seems that that is the question you are getting at?) Hope this helps! And good luck

Fiancee Visa Timeline

1/7/16 - I-129F Sent

1/28/16 - NOA1

3/10/16 - NOA2

4/8/16 - NVC Sent

5/2/16 - Medical

5/2/16 - Interview

5/4/16 - Physical

5/10/16 - Dropped passport off at Embassy

5/12/16 - Visa in Hand

5/21/16 - POE

7/10/16 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

7/21/16 - Mailed packet

7/23/16 - Packet delivered

7/28/16 - NOA1

10/7/16 - Biometrics

11/30/16 - EAD/AP Approved

12/6.16 - EAD/AP Received

1/21/17 - New card ordered for production

1/23/17 - Greencard Approved (no interview)

1/24/17 - Greencard Mailed

1/26/17 - Greencard Received

• On Oct 13th AOS status was updated to say that a notice was returned due to post office being unable to deliver it. Tier two told me that it was biometrics or NOA1 (even though I had received both before this date).

• A few weeks later I received a notice dated Nov 10th, in regards to my call about the Oct 13th notice. The new notice said that there were no RFE's or withholding on my case. So still not sure what this Oct 13th notice was about.

• Received a letter from a NY office on Dec 23rd (dated Dec 10) stating that my medical was over 1 year old. (At this point my medical was only 7 months old)

• Teir two submitted an internal service request to which I got a response telling me that I need to respond to RFE ASAP

• Submitted another service request on 1/6/17. To which I got a response on 1/19/17 stating that my case was pending and is outside of processing time (no mention of RFE)

ROC Timeline

10/21/18 - Packet Sent

xx/xx/xx - NOA1

xx/xx/xx - NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Card Received

Timeline

If your embassy didnt ask for it then it may not necessary. But here is the link

http://www.k1approved.com/k1-fiance-visa-guide/k1-visa-interview-checklist/

Here they only ask for the letter if your petition has expired. Every embassy is different.

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.