20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I was hoping someone would have an answer to this for me...(I am in the uk!)

So I scheduled my medical appointment for May 24th in London.

I submitted my form of readiness and have all my documents ready.

I then went on to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and scheduled my own interview for June 21st.

But apparently you can't do that? I have already paid the visa fee, but I spoke to someone on the phone and they said that I cannot schedule my own interview, and that as soon as the embassy received my medical results, they will send me a letter with my interview date.

Is this correct?

Any help would be great!!

Kelly

Filed: Timeline

Thanks so much!

So you don't need to wait for the embassy to let you know they have the medical results and you can then go ahead and book?

As soon as the readiness form is submitted you can go ahead and book? I've left enough time - my medical is on 24th May and interview is now 22nd June.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep thats fine. As long as your case is marked as ready on the CEAC check. I booked medical May 23rd and interview June 7th this way :)

Ah, so the CEAC check must read 'Ready' first?

We've got our LND case number from the NVC, have booked the medical for August 9th, and my fiancé is out getting his jabs at the GP right now...but our CEAC status still reads 'at NVC.' So we need to wait a little longer?

SaveSave

July 9: First Date in London

March 1: Belated Leap Day Engagement

Mar 26: Mailed I-129f packet to Dallas Lockbox via Tracked Royal Mail from England

July 25: Case # Assigned {4 months since Mailing Day back in March!}
August 1: 'Ready' Status at the Embassy!
September 8: Interview Date!
November 22: Courthouse Wedding date (North Carolina)
December: Filed for Adjustment of Status

May 19: Big Fat American Wedding date (Maryland)

July: Green Card Received!

July: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July: 18-month Extension Received

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello,

I'm at a similar point:

- Have sent my DS160

- Have had my medical

- Have notified them of readiness

When I registered at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv it gives me the options in the screenshot I have attached. I haven't received a letter from the Consular Section telling me to book an appointment, do we still need this? Or can I select the K-visa option there and go ahead and book my interview?

As far as I can tell, I have everything except a letter, but I thought we booked our own appointments now?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Joe

post-234444-0-00288400-1473681751_thumb.png

Just to add an update to my own post, I actually just logged in to the system and booked my interview even though my CEAC status is still 'in transit'. Booked for 24 October, although there were dates available from 17 October. :)

I think you can book as soon as the system lets you in. Early on in May, it seemed that people could not get into system and speculation was the case had to say ready, or the other forms had to be in and accepted. Just get in when you can and don't panic if you get a temporary "number invalid". Simply try again the next day.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

What did you end up doing, joecavers? I'll be booking my interview soon... just waiting for CEAC to change to 'ready'! :clock:

Hey Dowbs,

I ended up just trying to register and there was no problem, I now have my appointment on October 20th! I did some deeper digging and I think the letter telling you to book an appointment (which I never received) is a hangover from the system before it was changed in May.

When I booked, the receipt you get after booking the appointment also tells you to bring the "letter you received from the Consular Section" as well as your receipt saying you have the appointment. I never received this letter and other people who've had their interview told me it doesn't matter, you just need to take your receipt saying you have booked the appointment.

Hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

Joe

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline

I'm so pleased I found this thread! Our status changed to ready today and I feel so lost! 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

• 7 months later...

How did this all turn out for you all? We got word our case was in transit May 8th. Tomorrow will be 10 days with no status change nor a letter. My fiancé has his medical for May 26th and he was able to set his interview up on June 12th. If he was able to schedule it and bring the confirmation will all be ok? Every other UK filer that has dates just before us set everything up while in transit. I’m a bit concerned now though because all their status’ changed pretty quickly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.